It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:12 pm 

I wanted to share part of an email that my sub doctor sends out to his entire family practice and addiction patients. Especially notice the third paragraph and how he talks about his addicted patients. I would like to add that, while he encourages his sub patients to come off suboxone in some circumstances, he also acknowledges that some people need to stay on maintenance for the rest of their lives. He is a Denver area doctor. Thanks for reading! -Amy

Since last November, i have ramped up my work as an addiction doc as well (too many hobbies i know). I have sort of specialized in chronic pain for many years but have just gotten government clearance for suboxone. I have taken a year to do the homework including becoming certified to prescribe the medication suboxone to my patients. I will be board certified in addiction medicine soon as well. Unfortunately, the government makes it so restrictive and difficult that prescribing suboxone has become one of the most regulated and controlled substances available. If you are interested, look at my website: www.hhfamilymedicine.com for more information or logon to the suboxone website directly to see how this medication works for people addicted to opioids (percocet, vicodin, heroin etc).

Briefly, it is a medication that is similar to methadone but worlds better. We have been using it to successfully bring patients off of their narcotic and heroin addictions. Its been used in Europe successfully since 1985... TOOK 20 years to make it across the ocean!!

I would like to take a few lines here and congratulate my 30 patients who have come to me with their heroin and other addictions and have SUCCESSFULLY used suboxone to come off of their drugs. Its been pleasure to work with you all and its been a real eye-opener for me to see your determination and your subsequent smiles and tears of joy of being freed from these awful life-destroying drugs!!!! As such, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!!!! You deserve the recognition and the credit for regaining control of your lives! Now get out there and rope in the other opioid dependents that still don’t know that they don’t actually have to live this horrible life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW, you do have a great doctor!!

Had my doctor sent out emails, it would have said, "My fees are going up AGAIN, so pay up or get lost!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thats SOOOO great Amy!!!!!!!!

Im glad there are doctors out there that DO actually care. My doctor is like that, in my opinion. He actually CALLED me, not his assistant, the day after I got 11 molars pulled, to 'see' how I was doing/dealing with pain/ETC.
I was sorta shocked!! His assistant does call more often than he does, but I think he's actually called me about 3 times over the last 16months.
Anyways, just wanted to say that's totally awesome dude!!! :wink:
I know, Im corny!! ohhhhhh well.

Keep up the GREAT work Amy :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/