It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hahahahahahaha I like both your responses.
"Just wasn't up to it today" lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The only reason I am wasting my time replying to this is because one major thing you said stuck out and legit pissed me off. For one addiction is different with every user but all addictions work the same way, it fills apart of your life with a fix your dependent onyou have the strength to get clean. But NO withdrawing from alcohol is not the only drug that can kill you coming off it. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. My friend who was more a brother to me passed away trying to get clean from xanax. He had seized multiple times from these withdraws and didn't come back after the last one. So get your nose out of the clouds bring it back down to earth because the stuck up mentality your spitting out is the reason why addicts don't support one another. I am proudly clean even though I take sub you or anyone else with your views could ever take that way from me. Peace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is so sad that people continue to defend Suboxone. I have detoxes of of Suboxone, opiates, Benzos and Soma. From experience, opiates, Benzos and soma were easyer to come off of after 17 years than 3 years of Suboxone. The facts are that while in rehab the longest anyone had been in was someone coming off Suboxone. As for me it was the most painful thing I have ever been through in my life. Child birth was a tickle compared. Not one person can tell me I'm wrong, I experienced it and learned a lot about it after going through it. Yes I can say I am still angry that I had to go through this, Drs. Didn't tell me the effects it would have on me, they are either stupid or want you to stay on it for the money. My teeth have been destroyed, I have to go through the pain of having my teeth taken out and fake teeth instead of my own. I feel that the pharmaceutical company and my insurance should have to pay for the whole thing. The pain I went through detoxing took 6-7 months before I could do anything for myself. There are a lot of people taking this terrible toxic poison that can't take that kind of time away from there jobs, family's and children. My goal it to educate people to never go on the poise never. I watched people go off many different things in rehab and it's nothing compared to Suboxone. Yes other drugs can kill you when you quit but if you find the right doctor to help there are medications to help you not have seizures and other complications. Don't rely on Suboxone, try bad quit, after 5 days or less you will wish you were dead. If anyone needs to talk about needing help please contact me at Theart01@aol.com and I will do what I can. I believe that my pain was for a reason and that is to help others. Tina

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:36 pm 

Well Tina thanks so much for the insight. ..
And ,as you say "nobody can tell you your wroug", then I have nothing else to say except :This is a pro sub site, how we choose to deal with our Opiate addiction is the Sub way..
Sorry it didnt work out for ya..
I need to warn you that bashing will not be tolerated. .

Have a nice day....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:57 pm 

I don't think anyone here would deny that suboxone can be difficult to come off of. And no one here would deny that your experience is what you say it is. The experience of people here widely varies.

We have a Stopping Suboxone section for members who need support and assistance while tapering and detoxing. We have a section called Bupe In The Rearview Mirror for folks who like to check in and let us know how they're doing post-bupe. There are several long time members who got off bupe years ago and are doing well off opiates. We have more who have tried to taper or go cold turkey and it hasn't worked for them yet.

The problem with saying "Hey I had a very bad experience getting off this medication so I'm here to warn addicts about it!" is that there are many people who are doing extremely well on buprenorphine products. There are many members here who are sure they would be dead if not for sub.

If opiate addiction were not a life and death situation I would be more likely to see logic in warning everyone away from sub use. You may have side effects on bupe. You may have a hard time coming off of it, especially if you jump off from above .5 mg, and especially if you are not prepared to work on your addiction in other ways. But there are a lot of addicts out there dying of ODs every single day. The statistics are overwhelming. For all of the addicts out there who find it super important to be abstinent from all medications in order to be in recovery, there are plenty of others who are happy living a functional life on a maintenance medication, instead of being dead. We respect your right to choose your own recovery path. We exist to help those who choose bupe based medications.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 pm 

I have issues with someone voicing their beliefs like u just did about suboxone. If u had a horrible time getting off subs I'm sorry. And I'm sure its no positive feeling at all, so we all know the consequences of what is to come when each of us choose when to do our taper. However coming in here possibly scaring ppl just isn't cool. Today there was someone who would really benefit sub treatment and trying to decide what to do or which direction to go, and frankly ur post could scare that person away from something that could very much save their life.

I went to rehab years and years ago, completed it, came home and stayed clean for 5-6 months and let me tell ya that was the worst time of my life. In 6 months I wasn't normal, I was severely depressed and physically still not bk to normal. That was when I was on oxy. So even though ur experience was sub it can easily be any opiate. I don't blame everything on sub. Yes I have side effects and issues but I'd never warn anyone to not take something that could save their life over side effects. Living normal with no opiate or even sub is going to be tough on anyone. Some worse than others.

If someone chooses another path other than subs, I totally respect that. But this is a forum for ppl who are sub supporters and its not cool to come in and do the opposite, there's other places to voice sub as "poison" instead of coming here. That would be like me going to a sub haters forum and calling it "bliss" or something lol. What reaction were u trying to get? Hey I respect everyone's choices, but this medicine saved my life and I know and am educated on what's to come when I choose to stop, I can't help but take it personal for someone to call it poison. And ppl here that are new to this treatment, doesn't need the negativity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:10 pm 

Great points, Jennjenn!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just had to weigh in here couldn't help it..Jenn and Amy are so well spoken and intelligent (you guys are awesome) Well unfortunately I'm not and don't wanna babble on about the same issues but suboxone is not bad and not evil and I too am sorry you had such a horrible time with it but some people go into treatment knowing the risks involved and actually do research what they are taking..That being said it saved my life and countless others so IS WHAT IT IS for me suboxone was my last hope and it DELIVERED and gave me my life back and if and when the time comes for me to get off of it I will taper slowly and correctly and if it doesn't work then oh well its HELLA better than me dead in my bedroom floor with a straw and a empty pill bottle beside me ...PEACE..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok this is what I am trying to achieve. Giving support to anyone who needs it. I can believe that you support the use of this drug. That is my opinion, anyone that defends it, despences it should be ashamed. If you think that getting off opiates and using Suboxone is the answer you must still be taking it. Yes it does seem like a life saver until you have to go off. This DRUG is far worse than anything else. If you think that I would take the words of the users over professionals that help people get off this drug, you are mistaken. I haven't talked to anyone that says after quiting that the Sub. Was the way to go. And thank you for telling me about the other place to go to talk to others that quit. The people that really need the help are the ones that are trying to make the decision on weather to take it or not. I wish I had more places to find the pros and cons. Others have the right to hear more than how this drug saved there lives, but how it ruined others. Good God.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tina

There are pro's & con's with almost every medication. People trying to come off certain anti-depressants kill themselves because of the lingering depression. There is also physical w/d from them. Prednisone can be life saving and hell to get off. The side effects are awful. There are many other drugs i can speak about but the point is sub may be hard as hell to get off but it can save your life so you can complain about it.

My son is an IV heroin user with 3 years "clean enough". He never made 6 months before suboxone. The hell of daily cravings and lingering feelings of depression, that "void" in him etc always sent him back to using dope & another OD.

One last thing for you to think about....did you ever wonder how many people get off sub without going through hell? Yeah, they don't come online to say...hey i tapered and now i am off-no big deal. There is no need for them to search on line - they got off, went on with their lives and we don't have a clue about how many people did that.

Choices- those of us here accept responsibility for our choice, we understand it may not be easy but we are grateful we got another chance at life

That's great you want to give support...if someone here needs it they can PM you...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tina,

Let me be perfectly frank with you. There is information all over the internet describing the bad side of Suboxone. Nobody here has EVER said it is a perfect drug. Our forum is FULL of content about how to discontinue suboxone use, and there is nothing in these posts that claims it is easy to do. I totally agree, people need to do their research and know what they are getting into. I believe our site does a great job of getting the truth out there about what suboxone treatment is really like. Bad, and good.

You obviously haven't spent any time here reading if you say you have never heard of any person who has come off of suboxone and still thinks it's a good idea. We have MANY members here who have discontinued the use of bupe and still believe their lives are better for it. In fact, most say they would be dead without it. You have obviously come here with an agenda, and it's not to help people make an educated choice. I don't take lightly that you had a bad experience, but it's definitely not like that for everyone.

If you would like to stick around here, you are going to have to jump off your high horse. You are welcome to stay and give your opinions, if they are stated as such. But you will not be allowed to stay and spout half-truths and hate. It's your choice. If you truly want to help, then look for the people who are in need of support and do what you can in a way that is respectful to those who have made a decision to stay on suboxone. If you are only here to stir the pot, then save us all a lot of trouble and move on.

Q

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Like I said I am willing to help anyone that wants it. It's really sad that if you don't agree with you than you are bashed. You have a right to your opinion, but I have a right to mine. You need to grow up and do not talk to me the way you are. Be more mature, I have been until people started jumping my butt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:59 pm 

Tina,
We have a pandemic in this country. People are dieing! Friends are dieing. Lives are ruined.
So what do we have to fight this thing huh? Why didnt we all just taper off out doc, and go our merry way?
Because we are Opiate addicts!!
I dont know Anyone who has Ever tapered off there doc. I guess we could line up at the nearest methadone clinic. That works for some.
I life time of 12 step meetings, that works for a few. People in up on sub because they are at the end of there rope.
Getting off sub has been done, and in the Correct way it can be done..

Sorry ya feel bashed, but like i said, this is a pro site...I hope your doing well in your recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tina,

I'm trying very hard to allow you to stay a member of this forum. You do have a right to your opinion, but you don't have a right to come on this particular forum and break our rules. You can't expect to come to a site that is here to support people who are using suboxone and talk to us like we are a bunch of active addicts, which is exactly what the post above sounds like to me. We have heard opinions like yours many times in the past. Trust me, you didn't invent this approach. If you want to exercise your right to free speech, you should write to your newspaper or start a support group in your home town. We can't control what you do in your private life, but we can and will control the content of this forum.

You've had a rough start, and my advice would be to try to start fresh so that you CAN be here to support those who hold opinions like yours. All I ask is that you be respectful to our core group of members. I would highly suggest you leave this topic alone until you see our responses for what they are. If we wanted to just bash you for having an opinion that doesn't agree with ours we would have immediately banned you and deleted all of your comments. I believe everyone should have a chance to say what they want to say, but you have to be respectful. You need to think about what I'm saying before you respond to me here, because your status as a member rests on your reply. It's in your hands, Tina.

Q

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:36 pm 

TinaRinehart wrote:
Like I said I am willing to help anyone that wants it. It's really sad that if you don't agree with you than you are bashed. You have a right to your opinion, but I have a right to mine. You need to grow up and do not talk to me the way you are. Be more mature, I have been until people started jumping my butt

I find you to be extremely disingenuous. If you've been the member of any forum for any length of time, you know very well that we have been very polite to you. We've just disagreed with your opinion and tried to educate you about our forum. No one has called you names or personally attacked you. No one bashed you. Just because no one is agreeing with you doesn't mean that you're being bashed. For comparison you should take a look at subsux. You'd find a lot of agreement there and you can see how people who disagree are treated.

If you want to help people, why aren't you giving suggestions on how to get through withdrawals over at Stopping Suboxone? Would the people who emailed you actually receive help and support or just hear rants about suboxone?

There are some things you have brought up where we could have discussions and find common ground. For example, I agree that some suboxone doctors are horrible at preparing their patients for being on suboxone. Some are obviously just in it for the money.

If you want to bring something valuable to the forum you have the opportunity to do that. So far you've made your point about hating suboxone and then whined that people are bashing you because they are expressing an opinion that differs from yours. It's pretty obvious that the immaturity is one-sided.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lmao your gonna take the words of professionals over users ?? Why because they read some books on what we feel ?? Or a couple people told them something about getting off suboxone?? I am really thankful YOU aren't giving me any help you act as if we are all pieces of trash because we want people NOT to die but you on the other hand you wanna warn people about OMG a hard detox ?? Be serious you my friend must have taken a few norcos for awhile because if you had ever been where we have been you would know that taking suboxone and having a hard detox I will take any day as opposed to DEATH ...Q please kick this person TO THE CURB grrrrrrrr please

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok, the real reason I came here has been lost. Yes my anger is real. All I want to do is really help others with this problem. I know that everyone experience is different. I have to say that I apogize for making people angry. That was not what I was trying to get across, I get where you all are coming from. I guess because I have spent so many years fighting addiction issues I am a bit angry. Ok let's start over ok.

Hi my name is Tina, I am an addict, I have been addicted to opiates, Benzos and Soma for 17 years. In that 17 years I spent 3 of them on Suboxone. I tryed many times to get off Subs, I had no idea what I was going to go through. It was a difficult and painful process and my Dr. Put me back on the 3 drugs to help me with pain. I wish I had a place to go to to help me understand. It is my goal to let others bounce questions off of me if you need to. I am happy to help others with sub. Or other pills. I don't drink alcohol, but it's also very mind altering. After being on the 3 pills again I was in real trouble. I started taking 15-20 opiates and Soma a day. I'm so happy that I am still here to speak with you. I spent 30 days in rehab and I am happy to say today I have been clean from the three pills for 90 days. And free of Subs for a year. I want to say that I am sorry for my poor attitude, I have been through a lot in the last year and I have no right to take it out on others.

I hope everyone is doing well and if anyone needs to talk to me about drugs or Subs I am happy to help in anyway I can. Theart01@aol.com. It is my prayer that everyone get free from addiction. It is a scary beast that we can control, may be not so easy but doable. Thank you for your time and patience

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Tina ,I for one do apologize I get very defensive of suboxone because honestly for me there is no alternative period I will be on it for the rest of my life because pills were my life for his as long as you .. I was even on them in combat for this country and when I got back home it got completely out of control as if it wasn't already bad enough and now I had a legitimate reason to get doctors to write em by the bucket full..The older members here know I don't exactly say what I mean to say delicately as I am a little more than rough around the edges..The simple fact is I wish I had known about this drug when I was doing all the horrible things I did to obtain them (lying,cheating,stealing) and I wouldn't have the horrible guilt I have today..I was so very close to suicide I cant even tell u and today my family and coworkers actually want to be around me and talk to me where before even my family was scared of me..So I guess my point is please realize that you shouldn't tell EVERYONE SUBOXONE IS BAD because for some people it is a literal LIFE SAVER ..Have a good day

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tina,

It took courage to come back and apologize. Kudo's for doing that. Most everyone here is very fond of bupe and defend it as they would their own child, for good reason. I've read your thread here and I think you're of the opinion that Suboxone (bupe) is bad for everyone. It seems like you consider it another addiction to something. Not really needed maybe. A bad thing. I'm in a weird position because I took much more sub than I ever needed, but I came here in hopes of curing myself of that. I can honestly tell you without one shred of diubt that subs SAVED MY LIFE!!! Wish I had some right now. Read my thread if you care to see why. No need to repeat it here.

I've been an addict over 40 years Tina. You name it, I've used and abused it at one time or another, and many times all at once. I have no idea why I'm even alive right now? The things I did would probably scare most people, all to get more and more drugs. I tried EVERYTHING to get clean, and tried every way possible. Tried tapering, tried CT, over and over and over. Went to rehabs many times over the years, had an addiction counselor a few times, nothing helped as I took more and more. Then I heard about subs.

I researched Suboxone for months before I considered taking it. I asked doctor after doctor and discovered not many even knew what it was let alone how it worked. I talked with pharmacists and medical personel to find any info I could. Read all the literature I could find on it. Read forum after forum too. When I was as informed as best I could possibly be I inducted. I was SHOCKED at how well this drug called Suboxone worked!!! No more withdrawals, no more cravings, my life seemed "normal" for the first time in many years. I was overjoyed and thought I had literally found a miracle cure for addiction. It's as close as one can be in my opinion. Some may say it is. Some not.

I could go on and on, but in the interest of trying to keep this as short as possible I'll just say that I know with 100% certainity if I ever did stop taking subs I would relapse the following day, if not before. That's a 100% GUARANTEE. So WHY would I ever want to stop taking it Tina? It causes me NO PROBLEMS when I'm taking it. Theres always 2 sides to every argument, some may say 3 sides - your view, my view, and the truth. Truth of the matter is, it's a needed MEDICATION for many people in the same place I am. Many will, or rather SHOULD hope to remain on Suboxone for the rest of their lives, to simply live. I feel perfectly NORMAL on bupe. Never high, no cravings for any drug, and perfectly happy. Until I started taking more than needed, but that's a different story. Not the fault of the subs.

My 2 cents about it.

Anyway, glad you came back and responded with a humbling post. Good for you.

Sub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Very good discussion. And truly great and well written comments from many of you. Very impressive. People don't know what they don't know. Human nature is to assume whatever we went through or experienced is the same as everyone else does. it's just not the case - we only think it is.

As for rotting teeth, is it the suboxone or years of neglect? Tooth decay is often a long term process. 17 years of neglect or three years of sub? My money is on long term neglect. In my case I didn't have a single cavity until I was 35. I had no more until I was 42. One year after getting on sub I had 9! Now five years later, at 51, still on sub, I'm back to no new cavities. Did sub cause this in one year or did my past lifestyle cause it and sub has now helped me to stop it?

You decide. My money us NOT on Bup as the cause.

What I want to know is how in the hell did I turn 51? I'm still only 35 in my head! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next