It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OK, I am new to Suboxone and Monday went to the Dr (quack) to get a refill and for secong follow up.She started me on 2mg twice a day.Wasnt enough.I called her and told her this,she said I could try 6.Still not enough.3 days before my appt,I tried 8 and made alot of difference.

I go back to the Dr Monday,I told her I felt the best at 8mg,no cravings etc...explained how someone offered me 30mg Roxis and I said NO and realized later that day that I never put a second thought to something that would usually send me into a tizzy.

She said she will only up it to 6 and she was upset because I didnt take Clonidine (sub takes withdrawals away,duh) and more importantly Elavil.She said had I started Elavil I may not need so much Sub.I am far from a high dose so she writes me a script for 60 2mg films.She writes "Takes 1-2 in AM and 1 at Noon if needed".UGH. I need to treat my addiction,I am not depressed and that would be hell coming off of as well since I've tried SSRI's in past thinking they would help me.To get to my point...

I am seeing a new Dr on 9-7,she gave me 60 films,plenty to get me thru until new guy at 8 mg.4 strips,rather than 1 8mg that I requested.PITA.I get my script Monday.Get home and for some reason decided to count them.Well I was 17 short.I took 3 on Monday and 4 on Tuesday so that leaves me with an even 10 short! I freaked out and spent over an hour counting (My addicted obsessive mind) and thinking.There was NO WAY I took 17 films in a day and a half! I called the pharm,explained this.He said they would do a count and let me know.I said after the pharmacist filled it and handed it to the cashier she asked for it back,did something,then gave it to cashier.

I suggested that since the dumb Dr wrote 1-2 in AM that she took out 10 and handed them back.The boxes are sealed as he said,so I look at them.I can see the one I tore open in my car on the way home.Did not want to wait an hour or more until I got home to take it as it was late in day.The other,clean cut.

Long story short...I am short 10 films.I did not take them,noone was in my house to steal them.I feel guilty even though I didnt take extra.As an addict I lied,stole etc...to get what I wanted,needed.This time there are 10 missing and it wasn't me,I swear! The pharm suffested that matbe they were tampered with prior to getting there.IDK.Bottom line is,I have enough to last to appt at 8mg,than I will have 2.5 days worth.Now Im worried if something happens that I cant make appt or get meds from new guy,theres NO WAY that Dr would give me more.She was upset with me for not following her "prescription".I am trying not to obsess or overthink it but now over this I have anxiety over this. UGH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's quite clear you need to find a new doctor who will listen to your needs, so it's good you have an appt with a new doc soon. In the meantime, there isn't much you can do. You tried to address the shortage with your pharmacy, to no avail. Have you considered writing a letter to the pharmacy's main office (depending on what pharmacy you use)? At the very least you're reporting the problem to them so they know they have an issue to investigate.

I really hope this new doctor suits you. You've only got a week left, it will be over before you know it. Hang in there!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 pm 
I think you can do this, remember 8mg of suboxone = 400mg of oxycodone. Be especially careful to take it correctly. Keep on that pharmacy until you get an answer, then you need to look at anyone who has access to your purse, house or car.

I know (I have heard 8mg sub films go for $15.00 each in AZ) You have plenty to last for a week. This new Doc if he is trained well, will realize she induced you incorrectly. Elavil is not going to help and for cryin out loud try 1/2 the clonidine if you are suffering. At least tell the doc you are. Just my humble opinion.....

take care, Robin

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re:Not lying
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Robin....Thats what they go for here In Oklahoma also...8mg subs-$15.00@....Had several of my cronies offer me that for mine when they found out I have a script for them and doing GREAT not wanting or craving those damn oxys....My response was "Sorry...this is my MEDICATION, not DOPE to be sold". Offered them the name of my doctor if they wanted to QUIT the other crap....Thought about offering to SELL the doctors name to them...that is the way they do it when it comes to Oxy doctors...but had enough sense to realize that is DOPE BEHAVIOR and that is what I am striving to quit is the DOPE BEHAVIOR.....The medical USE of SUboxone has totally changed my outlook on life as I have known it for the past 16 years...Thank GOD for GOD, and Thank God for Suboxone !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 pm 
Good for you OKLA!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Fairrobin,how did you arrive at that figure with the Oxycodone eqivalent? If I take 8mg of Sub (still tinkering with dose.Wanted to try once a day dose so I dosed 8 mg in AM,felt great until about 6 hours later.Got real tired.Tried another 2 and it took the sleepiness away.Took 2 mg at 1 PM so thats a total of 10mg today.If I had a Dr that induced me properly I dont think I would have as much trouble finding the right dose for me)anyways...Lets say I take 8 mg a day.Any less than that is ineffective with cravings,why would I need something the eqivalent of such a high dose of oxy when the most I've taken on a given day was 90-180 depending on supply.I dont want to be on the equivalent of more than twice as much than I took.kwim? Help.This is so confusing.I get the ceiling affect and all that and I know the morphine equivalnt.Now as a junkie I've tried morphine 30 mg and I didnt feel anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I mentioned this in another thread, you can't compare strength/equivelancy between sub. and oxy's, or any other full agonist. Bup. is a partial agonist. People put these charts out but it doesn't equate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I posted this in another thread recently, but it seems to be necessary here, too. It's from Dr. Junig and is regarding conversions.

Quote:
"...the problem is the non-linear kinetics of buprenorphine. You can't just extrapolate out with bupe, like you can with agonists that don't have a 'ceiling effect'.

In other words, one mg of buprenorphine is as potent as about 20 mg of methadone, 2 mg of buprenorphine is as potent as 30-40 mg of methadone, and 4 mg, 8 mg, or 24 mg of buprenorphine are all as potent as 30-40 mg of methadone! The calculator works fine as long as you use doses for buprenorphine below the 'ceiling' effect-- say down in the microgram ranges. But you cannot use those numbers to project out in a straight line-- because the potency of buprenorphine, being a 'partial agonist', doesn't follow a straight line."

It's from this thread: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=284

So like stp said, you can't do the conversion the "normal" way because full agonists don't have the ceiling effect that bupe has.

I hope this helps and clears up any confusion that anyone has. We only want the info on this site to stay accurate - Let's keep it that way, shall we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thats what I thought.I dont even think that figure should be taken into account.It doesnt make sense and if I took 400 mg of Oxycodone I would be in a coma.LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What a weight lifted fom me.Pharmacy called and they WERE over 10 films!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOO-HOO and YIPPEE! See, there, sometimes you do things the right way and you get the right outcome. Good on you. I'm glad for you. YAY YOU!