It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I hope everyone is doing as well as possible.

This forum is about sharing and helping each other so here goes.

This thing called Suboxone is really something. For newcomers, let me say that it is a life saver in the sense that you are no longer going to get "sick". Boy, we all know that it's our #1 fear. It really stops craving. At least it did for me and cravings are also so sickening and depressing. You don't have to worry about running out because you get your RX for the needed amount and although you may take extra at first(force of habit, more is better) you learn that it does absolutely nothing to take extra.

When I first joined this wonderful forum, another member said something that has stayed with me and it was "We are all different but we are the same." So true, we all have our difficulties with subs, depression, cravings, sweats, loss of apettite, insomnia. Like any other drug it has it's side effects and they affect us in different ways but the same.

As for me, I am going to fight like a soldier and use this opportunity to get rid of this devil called "addiction". If you are starting subs, don't let it get you down, keep fighting, have your doctor adjust your dose, get counseling, talk about it and most of all don't be ashamed. Like another member here that I have come to love so much said to me, "It's a disease. If you had Diabetes, they would give you Insulin" So true my friend, so true.

Where this road will lead me? Not sure. But, I'm gonna give it all I got. I want to be pill free. I want my freedom from this prison called "addiction" You do the same.

I feel kind of like I went from Kindergarten to 1st. grade here because when I joined the forum I said "I would like to help others here,it's one of my goals". So, if I helped anybody by writing this, I'm happy.

Don't give up. Don't give in.

Love & hope, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, my dear, you help ME every day just by being here and being such a positive force on this forum. I'm so glad you decided to join us and share your experience strength and hope with us. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Right on, Queenie! Thank you for the positive thoughts. ~Rossma

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Queenie,

You have come so far since the night we first talked!! Your the best and you couldn't be more right :)