It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Please help!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I can put a whole pill under my tounge and nothing happens if anything it makes me go into W/Ds but if I snort just a tiny amount then BAM it hits like a train but only lasts for an hour and then I need to sleep for 13 hours. What is going on? This is hurting and I am going to lose my job. I'm not new to this medication just new here. Thank you guys for answering. No I have not been going back and forth between recovery and pain meds I have been taking this for 2 years.

Post subject: Re: Please help!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You need to give some more details..

Are you on generic? I assume yes since you stated that you put a 'pill' under your tongue, and the Sublingual form of Suboxone pills isn't available in the USA any longer..

If so, what kind?
The generics have shown to not have the same effect on people who switched from, for instance, film form of Suboxone/Naloxone 8mg-2mg.
What dosage also?

Can your doctor either 1)up the dose, or 2)switch to another generic form, or possibly even brand name film?
Intranasal isn't the way to use this...or any drug unless it's albuterol or others in that form.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:01 pm 

It sounds like you are an addict who is using the drug as street drug to get high. What needs to change is your decision to keep using or get clean. If you truly decide to get clean, be honest with your doctor and get the films. They dissolve quite rapidly and work much better than the tabs.

My guess is you're getting them off the street and they may be old and ineffective. See the other post about expired Suboxone tabs. That may be the problem.

Find a legitimate doctor and get on the correct train to recovery. Then we will help you all the way.

rule62

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think what is going on is that you are using your medication to get high. If you do not want to do that, be proactive and try different solutions, like switching to the film. I had to switch to the generic pill in October for surgery. I hated them and I was glad to start taking the films again

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Promise it's not to get high. I have been on it for 2 years I know how it works. It's just weird it just stopped working. Not sure what I said to sound like a addict looking to get high. I contacted my dr and I got it handled. Thanks for making me feel like crap. I was looking for advise and not a lecture. When your meds don't work and you can't function I tried everything from crushing the pill to make it disolve faster to eventually taking it up the nose.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So everyone knows (if I ever decide to get back on here) my body was rejecting the generic brand I switched to the films which are really expensive and they worked just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The reason I answered the way I did was because the first step would have been to call and discuss the issues with your doctor, not decide to start snorting the medication. I hope that cleared it up for you. And to address -thanks for making me feel like crap- you can not let other people influence the way you see yourself or feel about yourself. You control how you feel, not me or anyone else. Don't take it personally. You did receive advice in responses, with a little lecturing....but it got you to solve the issue. If you read around the forum, you will come to understand there is no room for beating around the bush-that doesn't solve anything. I hope you won't let this deter you from visiting or posting/responding-my response to you was not to run you off or make you feel bad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For beating around the BUSH I told the whole truth about what was going on. I went to a level I didn't want to go and took it up the nose and I put the whole thing out there for everyone to see and I got beat up for it. I tried calling my Dr and as some people know these Dr's don't look at us as human beings they look at us as addicts or lesser humans. I at no time said I was snorting them all day to get high I said I tried them up the nose because nothing else was working. Damn I really don't want to share anything more with anyone and I know I'm not the only one who's medication stopped working for them because of a generic brand switch and my Dr didn't get back to me for 2 days.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Everyone make sure you state your problem as a use as described medication user not someone who has a problem with them not working!!!!!!! Don't say you tried different ways to make the medication work as you will be branded a addict. Wow great forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ummm.....we are all addicts. That's what got us here in the first place! I'm positive you misread my last post-perhaps all of the posts. I didn't write that you beat around the bush-the people that answer your questions do not have time to do that. The first response that you received asked for more details...I'm not sure why you didn't give those, that might have changed the responses you received. Again, it isn't personal-it can't be, I don't know you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:25 am 

WTHeck....it's ok, u explained urself, we understand now. The thing that got ppl was u talking about snorting it, honest mistake, and u didn't really explain it in the first post like u did in the others. So give HTown a break. I think we all understand now. Hopefully u will continue to be a part of the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You gotta keep in mind (and I didn't say anything in my response to be deemed as an attack), that so many people come here on this forum looking to get a way for this med to be used for the same thing that full-agonist opiates are used. And sub has such a stigma surrounding it, you can't let what is said on a forum get to you. I know for me, what was said when I was in active addiction was WAY worse than what anyone could say to me on a forum. So it may be that you need to just do like the movie "Frozen"...and "let it go"...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Now...who can be mad after watching that video?!?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:00 pm 

That's pretty awesome! Lol :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks jen, I was trying to be as clear as possible but guess I didn't succeed. I really wasn't trying to sound like a richard.

Johnathanm- NO ONE can be still mad after seeing that! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am 

Ur welcome HTown!! :)