It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all....I am.on day #2... Yay!!! It was weird earlier I said to myself... "time for.a.couple of.percocets" then I laughed to myself saying "oh thats right its not a part of my life anymore and that is awesome... The only issue I have is after I take the films and for hours after I feel first high as a kite then all over the place giddy as hell.... People at.work have come up toe saying that I seemed in such a greatm ood over the last 2 days.
The same 2.days im on sub film... I thought about cutting baxk but.2~3 hours before my dose I feel a tiny little bit of withdrawal... Does this high giddiness ever go away??? I mean life is better now but was just wondering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, it doesn't last long at all. Before I was prescribed sub I bought some extras from friends and I felt the same effects you are describing but not too long later after only taking a film once or twice a week the feeling got weaker and weaker and was completely gone after I finally got prescribed. By the way, what dose are you on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im on 8Mg film 2xday....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi asiablue and welcome to the forum. What you are describing is completely normal for day two of your treatment. It should subside within a few days or so and you'll level out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and thanx for the info... I just want to feel normal without feeling.drugged.or.have.opiate cravings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

May I ask, what dose are you on? Are you dosing once per day or more? Give yourself a few days to level out, actually more like a week to see how your dosage holds your cravings. Then you can start looking at if your dosage is right for you or if you think you need to go up or down. But that's just my personal opinion...it's what I would do.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi.. Im on 8Mg.film 2xday... I cant believe i.feel worse on day four than.day #1... Maybe it was the euphoria that I am off the percs..... But it does get better?? Today I am racked with headaches an almost hungover feeling.. Kinda disappointed.. I fully understand sobriety has to take some work and sacrifice but this fuzzy head type feeling kinda stinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

today is day 4 for me as well. i'm prescribed 8mg/twice daily and theres no way i can take that much. day 1 i took 8mg in the doctors office, felt fantastic for half the day then threw up a bunch of times later in the day. for the last 3 days i've dosed between 1.5mg and 4mg for the entire day and also only dosed in the morning. If i take it too late during the day i can't sleep. I guess you could say that I'm taking just enough to keep the wolf away from the door. I'm super scared that i'm trading one drug for another and i'm doing my best to go easy on this stuff so i don't have another problem in the future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For some people, depending on their tolerance, 16 mg can be too much. The way you describe your symptoms, both of you, it might mean your dose is too high (FOR YOU). Also, it's best to dose only once per day, unless you're dosing for pain or special circumstances (established fast metabolism). It has a very long half life and taking it once a day is the the norm.

If I were you I'd try 8 in the am and leave it at that and try skipping the other 8 in the pm and see how you do on that. Know that I'm not a doctor and if you need to run this by your doctor, by all means, do so. This is just what I would do if it were me.

Heavy sleepiness and throwing up is an indication of too high a dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

this is all just making me want to suck it up and quit cold turkey... Seems like youre trading one drug for another and the only upside is that its cheaper and legal. Is there anyway I could just take subs for a few days and tapper off? I DO NOT want to be on these for over a month. I've only had a BAD problem for 6 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

AshCal, I replied to your post above over in your other thread:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7491&highlight=

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dude your on percs and only 6 months,Get off them now its not worth it and the withdrawls are 10 timesd worse.Sub is a nasty drug and 4-5 days of withdrawl is a walk in the park to 6 months of hell you well feel if you stay on long.Ok now let everyone bash me and say how great sub is STFU

Post subject: No Bashing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 pm 

exjunkie,

We do have some rules here regarding respectful posts. No one is going to "Bash You" over your comment about Suboxone. It is only your opinion and you are entitled to that. If you want to discuss the good and bad qualities of Suboxone vs other opiates, please take it to our new section called Freestyle. It was developed just for conversations like yours.

I know you used only letters to give us your message at the end of your post but we are not stupid. It means the same thing as spelling it out. Consider this a warning. Please read the rules above.

Rule62