It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Is this possible?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi,
Well had my induction on July 14, took 2mgs at 1st seem to work just fine for me took another 2mgs later that evening, Everything had been fine for the last 3 days, as long as i'm working (merchandiser) or staying busy, But when i don't have to work and have a day off, the 2 doses is not working for me, it seem that i need more and start feeling tired especially when not busy or working.
It is possible for this to be happening and if so, will someone please explain.. i feel guilty as HELL taking more than the 4mgs a day when that work fine the 1st 3 days, I really just don't want to be abusing them. IDK why this is happening or why am i feeling like this as i'm VERY NEW to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 pm 
Yes, it IS possible. Four mg is generally considered the min. dose to reach the ceiling effect. However, it may not be a high enough dose to bind enough receptors to prevent your cravings. While you're busy, you're preoccupied so you're not thinking about drugs. But when you have down time those cravings can really do a number on you. I wasn't on a very high dose of opiates when I was inducted, but I ended up on 12mg/day because I had intense cravings. So don't feel guilty. Eventually (with the help of your doctor) you will get to the dose appropriate to keep you in remission.