What is your maintenence dose?
2mg 4mg 6mg 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
8mg 12mg 16mg or higher 69%  69%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Is this normal?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tomorrow marks my 3rd week on Sub.So far,so good.Its improved my mood tremendously.I got started out on a bad foot with a bad Dr.Went to see a new one and he upped me to 16 mg and we will take it from there.On 16,I no longer get that extreme fatigue,withdrawal type,that hits me in the afternoon.Its like I could feel it wear off.My cravings were curbed in the 10-12 range.Anyhow...

When I am getting ready to fall asleep (also sleep like a baby at this dose) my body does this wierd twitching thing.It must be related to the Sub because I never had that before.I also jump sometimes as I dose off.Thats happened before but the twictching is random,any part of my body.Has anyone experienced this?

I can't say enough good about this med.The only other side effect I have is my ears ring at a higher pitch,my sensitive teeth are more sensitive(thinking something in the films irritate them)and...constipation.That seems to be a biggie with this med.Funny thing is when I was popping pills all day-every day,never had a problem with that.Wierd.Nothing a couple softeners cant cure.

Its a good feeling to be free of pill counting,forgetting how many I took,thinking about where,when and how Im going to get more,what story do i tell the Dr this time,hope the pharm fills it,am I going to get caught,do I have enough to last until..,scared to go into withdrawal again,will my husband pick up on it etc...I catch my mind worrying if I will be in withdrawal on such and such a day but then I'm like "Hey! I dont have to worry about that anymore! I will feel good" !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I get the twitching. I love it! It's like I get a nice little pleasure zap every time.

They start with little ones. My arm goes. Then my leg. Then I'll get a huge full body one that's like WOW. Then I'm asleep.

Enjoy them while you got em :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Meljim, I am so happy thatyou finally found a dose that works for you. I am also on 16mg a day. I get the twitching too. At first it was just when I was falling asleep like you but it has progressively gotten worse and now happens randomly thru out the day, but nothing I can't handle. What is driving me crazy now is that I get tingling and pain that shoots down my arms, hands and especially my fingers. It is really annoying and at times a bit painful and it seems to keep getting worse. I can't unscrew any lids and simple things like typing and feeding my 10 month old twins is becoming difficult because it gets really bad then. Oh well, the things we must endure to stay off our doc.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Breezy,could you have tendonitis? That is what started me on this whole roller coaster 6 years ago,coupled with tennis elbow and crepitus,its very very painful.If you do any kind of repetitive motion you are prone to it.I susoect holding and feeding 2 babies is the culprit.Maybe the Sub makes our joints more vulnerable? On the higher dose though,I do feel it in my joints?? When I was taking alot of Oxy,when I woke up in the morning,my hands would be swollen and my knuckles very sore.It went away after I got going through the day.This is sort of how I feel now.My fingers are slightly swollen and sore in the mornings.

I also am still so drowsy in the morning.Ive always secretly hoped that the Sub would give me the start that Oxy did.That was the best dose of the day.LOL.First thing in the morning on an empty stomach.Energy galore.Once I get going Im good and have energy through the day but I probably could sleep alot longer than usual if I didnt force myself out of bed.I dont recall having that in the 10-12mg range.I also get real noddy around 10PM,I guess its a good thing as I had gotten hooked on Xanax to sleep.On 16 I fall asleep and stay asleep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Melijm,

You have crepitus?? Holy Smokes dude, that is way painful. I had crepitus after my accident (crushed both ankles), I ended up having to get both ankles fused. Finally, after the fusion surgeries, no more crepitus. I can't imagine much worse pain than bone on bone grating....*shiver*.

Does Suboxone address your pain pretty decently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I think it is Sub related because it all started about 2-3 weeks after being on Sub. I too wonder if it has an effect on the joints. Although my wrists, hands and fingers get it the worst, I am also having problems with my hips, knees and ankles. When I walk everything cracks now and is sore. I also get the electric shocks and numbness in those places. I have read other people here that experienced the same side effects.

As far as how sleepy you get, so did I in the beginning. Within a couple weeks you body should be adjusted to the sub dose and it should mostly subside. I still get really sleepy at times and still can feel my dose. Sometimes those feelings are very mild and sometimes stronger.

I am sorry you went thru such hell to get on your correct dose. It should not be like that and you should not have had to endure the last few eeks to be where you are today, but at least you got there and can relax and focus on your recovery, Congratulations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Breezy,funny you say that because my other joints hurt.Namely when I get up to walk,like where the top of my legs connect,not my hips but whatever that area would be called.Its real sore till I walk it out.Like my whole ass is sore.IDK.Could be Sub,could be from kicking carpet in.Not sure.

Romeo...I dont have the pain from Crepitus much anymore because Im not barbering anymore.It was from holding heavy clippers and also from the vibration they made.I still do feel the tennis elbow crepping back every now and then.I dont think Sub keeps pain away per say...Still have aches and pains but think Sub may be causing it.Not sure yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:59 am 
There was no option in this poll for <2 mg per day, but I take 1.25. Trying to stabilize at 1 mg per day.

Breezy, were you prescribed opioids for pain? Maybe your pain was better under control on full-agonists (despite the other problems that come with em) and that is why you've been feeling achy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes I was for endometriosis, pain in my lower abdomen. However the oxy stopped helping long before going on sub. The sub is helping my endo pain better than the oxy at the end. It is not just achiness but swelling and tingling zaps. My hand also get that 'fell asleep feeling" from doing the simplest tasks and hurt to open a jar or even type. I had none of these issues prior to oxy or even the first month or so on sub. They came on gradually and increase as time goes on, however I would say they have been about the same for the last month. I aslo never had these jerks until about 2 months ago. They are subtle and mostly in my hands, arms and legs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:23 pm 
Breezy_Ann wrote:
Yes I was for endometriosis, pain in my lower abdomen. However the oxy stopped helping long before going on sub. The sub is helping my endo pain better than the oxy at the end. It is not just achiness but swelling and tingling zaps. My hand also get that 'fell asleep feeling" from doing the simplest tasks and hurt to open a jar or even type. I had none of these issues prior to oxy or even the first month or so on sub. They came on gradually and increase as time goes on, however I would say they have been about the same for the last month. I aslo never had these jerks until about 2 months ago. They are subtle and mostly in my hands, arms and legs.

Did they come about during a dose increase?

I think you should rule out factors other than Suboxone, just to be safe.