It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Omg after 3 weeks and I'm still having bad wd's!!?? I wanna know what symptoms you guys have experienced after 3 weeks of being clean. Every freakin day I wake up looking like a goose... never seen bumps on the skin so big lol. I'll take two clonidine and a klonopin and then I'm hot and cold with no anxiety relief. If my body wasn't so heavy as I mean I walk up the stairs at a turtles pace, huffing as I get to the top. Not cool. Any input would be appreciated!!! :-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Malsmith143ms wrote:
Omg after 3 weeks and I'm still having bad wd's!!?? I wanna know what symptoms you guys have experienced after 3 weeks of being clean. Every freakin day I wake up looking like a goose... never seen bumps on the skin so big lol. I'll take two clonidine and a klonopin and then I'm hot and cold with no anxiety relief. If my body wasn't so heavy as I mean I walk up the stairs at a turtles pace, huffing as I get to the top. Not cool. Any input would be appreciated!!! :-)

I could be wrong, but maybe the issue isn't the wdl from the suboxone now as much as it is the amount of clonodine and klonopin? After about a week I found I did not need the clonodine any more. Are you monitoring your bp? You may need to taper the clonodine so it does not spike, but I would try tapering and quitting both other meds and see how you are feeling. Both can zap your energy as well.

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:05 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Unfortunately I have to take the klonopin for seizures :( I don't even like them. The clonidine I take just my regular dose of .01 twice a day. Both are my prescriptions that I was on before I jumped. Idk guess it's just me. Now I've had the cold chills all day, it's like the first day of wd. I'm confused on what my body wants besides an opiate of course.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, well that is very different- I assumed you were just taking them as "comfort meds".
Are you excercising, eating healthy, and drinking lots of water? (I drank lots of Pedialite mixed with water) I also took (and still take) mulitvitamins and L-Tyrosine daily. I think all of this helps with energy and just overall feeling "better". Also listening to uplifting music really helped (and still helps) my mood and energy. And don't forget fresh air and sunshine!
You WILL feel better day by day though, but it does take some time, and for some it takes a little more time. Don't forget, if you take an opiate you'll be back at square one and you have come so far! Hang in there! :)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey there! Do you exercise regularly? That weighed down, fatigue feeling was horrible for me. I tried caffeine, b12 vitamins, supplements but the only thing that ended up helping was exercising. It was daunting to start when I felt so crappy but after I was finished, I felt great. I did little spurts throughout the day; a walk here and there and stuff. Helped SO much.

The goosebumpy business...my WORST symptom. Hated it so badly. I could only wear super soft sweatpants cause I couldn't stand the feeling of my goosebumpy legs rubbing against things. I was also really chilled. Unfortunately the only thing that helped that was time. I can't exactly remember but it was a good month or two for those symptoms to subside. I'm also a year off and not one little complaint. Everything is fabulous!

Edit to add...also should say almost. 10/31 was my last sub dose

"the only way out is through"