It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm new to this form and I don't know who else to ask. I've been reading posts off this web page for years so here it goes!!
I've been on suboxone on and off for years. My first time in treatment the suboxone would make me so high more high then I would get taking pills and that high lasted for over a year! Then I tapered I was sober for a year ect... anyways I'm back on suboxone and it doesn't make me high at all, change my mood nothing and that's fine I'm glad it doesn't but I'm wondering if I just stop taking it will I still detox? This might sound dumb but I though since it's not doing anything to me like NOTHING besides help with craving why would I still detox? I'm supposed to take 2/8mgs a day but I only take 1 the suboxone hurst my stomach and make me feel sick :( so please help me answer my stupid question....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sublime,

What you're describing is the way Suboxone should make you feel...normal with no cravings. If you stop cold turkey from 8 mg a day, in 2-3 days you will begin to experience powerful withdrawal. If you plan to stop, you need to follow a slow, methodical taper. There are several threads on hear that discuss tapering.

Thanks,
Morphing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:34 am 

Hey Sublime and welcome!!

Unfortunately ur gonna go through the withdrawal process regardless if u ever felt a thing when u take ur sub. I don't know how you got a high off of it for a whole yr but each person is different. This go around what ur explaining is how sub works. U feel completely normal and no cravings. But you'll still have withdrawal from stopping. But if u taper down as low as u can, u can make the process much more tolerant. Most ppl go slow and let their body adjust to each drop before dropping again.

Suboxone is a great medication for opiate addicts. Without it, I'd be in jail or dead by now. But unfortunately when it's time to stop taking it, there are some withdrawal. I hope this helped ya a little bit. Good luck!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Any idea why it made me so high? Suboxone making me high wasn't a one time thing it's happened 5 times every time I start treatment again for about 2-3 months except for this last time.. I'm not new to suboxone and I'm not an expert but I still don't know why I made me feel that way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It makes sense! I just didn't want to withdrawal again.. I keep telling myself I'm not going to get sick since I don't get high I knew I still would but ya I'm just afraid of being sick again

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:06 am 

Oh I definitely get the being scared to go through sickness again. The thought of that terrifies me. And I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready to stop suboxone completely. Not because of going through withdrawal, I'm just not sure I'll ever be ready. So I have zero experience in coming off suboxone, but I do know there are withdrawal from stopping.

As far as u getting a high from it for a few months, I'm not sure why. When I first started taking it, I had this slight energy boost for a bit. Plus I was so happy that I found something that gave me my life bk and stopped the cravings, maybe that all put together was kinda like a high.....could that be what u felt? I'm sure ur not the only person this has happened to and regardless u stopped taking ur drug of choice, so sub worked for ya. And I get what u were saying about since it didn't get u high like it did the first time, maybe u wouldn't get withdrawal. Lol I can see ur thought process behind that. No matter what u decide about stopping or tapering down, I wish u lot's of luck. This is the best place to come to for support from ppl just like u :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't want to stop but then I do. I spend a ton of money on my Dr visit it's half the amount of my rent for one fucking visit.. yes suboxone works for me. It wasn't a energy boost or I was just so happy to not be sick I got a natural high lol it made me puke I was so high I couldn't drive home from my app i would nod out it flet like i smoked an 80.. I didn't want to get high I was done with pills ya know... it took me a while to make an account no one knows I'm an addict ( I don't like that word ) I've keep it a secret for 9 years it was hard but I've manged to do it.