It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: This Might Help !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all ! I am currently on day 5of suboxone withdrawal and had to jump in on a discussion about it ! I have been scoping out some of the many sites about suboxone withdrawal and I have to say RESULTS MAY VARY ! I was scared out of my mind about getting off of suboxone due to the things people were saying ! " DAY 47 AND I FEEL HORRIBLE " REALLY !?!?!?! Ok, alittle background on me I am 29 and I have been abusing pain killers since I was 24. I was taking up to 25-30 lortab 10mg a day( LITTERALLY EVERYDAY FOR 3 YEARS ) . I live in Houston so pill mills are everywhere and are very cheap ! I would go to 4-5 different ones a month ( Houston is one of the pill mill capitols of the world ! TRUST ME ! ) I finally realized that I didn't want to do this anymore at age 27, so I ate my last few pills and went to a Suboxone doctor near my house. I thought I did the right thing ! At the time I really did ! 4 8mg pills a day for 4-5 months then 3 8mg pills for awhile then 3 8mg films ( I don't know why I got switched from pills to films ). My Doctor never once said that there is withdrawal from this wonder drug called suboxone ! All of a sudden, I go from 3 8mg films to 2 2mg films a day per doctors orders. I didn't feel any difference, no withdrawal, slept great, tons of energy ! Life was good ! I bought into the NO WITHDRAWAL story ! Well, my insurance lapsed last month and i was forced to jump off at 4mg. OMG ! My doctor, the man who pretended to care sooooo much about me and my sobriety when he had the cash in hand all of a sudden wouldn't return my calls or see me unless I paid $300 for the visit ( not including the $200 script ) I was in hell ! Worst Withdrawal EVER ! Worst than the lortabs that got me there in the first place ! It is a shame how the medical field is now ! Its $$$ or S.O.L !!!

So, this leads me to what I have done so far to get through this B.S. called suboxone withdrawal ! I have read alot about this topic and I guess I should say just like everyone else that I AM NOT A DOCTOR and this is my personal opinion of how I am doing it ! Consult your Doctor First !

First, I did a little thing called " Get What Got You Here " I didn't have any Suboxone, so guess what ???? PILL MILL !!!! I got my lortabs and ate them like it was the Last Supper !!! I even took my wife and kids to Sea World San Antonio that weekend !!!! This is where I would stop and go Ape Nutz on the lortabs and jump back into that vicious cycle called opiate addiction ! But not this time ! I have a 3 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter ! I need to grow up ! So this was my plan ! I got the lortabs to keep me from being sick and ate them all ( 90 ) in 4 days.

Second, In my head, I told myself that I had counter acted the suboxone withdrawal by taking the lortabs and now I was off suboxone but back addicted to lortabs ( for some reason this really helped, I figured that the first 4-5 days of suboxone withdrawal are the worst,so I bypassed that by taking lortabs ! )

Then, I paid my " Caring Doctor " to be seen when I got back. Here is the trick I used to save $$$. I put my game face on and told the lady that makes the schedule that I was comming in for a wellness visit ( $50 ) not a suboxone visit ( $300 ). I said that I am not taking that anymore and that I just wanted to get checked up on. What could she do ? Call me a liar and make me pay for something that I told her I didn't want ? Now, what this did was get me into a room, waiting like a hungry Lion ready to attack the doctor when he walked in !!! " How are we doing today ? " Poor Guy, he didn't even see it comming ! I went off ! ( I did call a law office before I ran out of the suboxone due to the warnings saying that abrupt stoppage can cause death. the lawyer said that what he did was LEGAL ! but very unethical ! ) Thats why I decided to pull this little trick on him ! He was like a deer in head lights ! I told him I WANTED a few 2mg Suboxones and something to help with the " NO WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS " that he talked so highly about ! He Caved.... 15 2mg Suboxone, 30 0.1 Clonodine, and 5 5mg Valuim ( I know, he spoils me ). Now, let me say, this may not work for you. What I did was very high risk ! But with high risk, come high rewards ! I always con'd people into giving me opiates, and here I am con'ing a doctorget me off of them ! Funny how things work out , huh ? I started taking opiates to feel happy and escape the everday grind, 5 years later, I am trying to get off opiates to feel happy and embrace the everyday grind !

So here is what I did next ! I took 1 1/2 full films = 3mg right when I got them from the pharmacy ! Then I cut the films in half for about 3-4 days = 1mg. Finally,I started cutting the film into fractions. Like .25 mg or less ! This was very helpful in the way that I was cutting down my dosage and getting myself mentally prepared for the Hell which awaited me ! Wednesday the 28th was my last piece of suboxone I have ever taken. The week leading up to the last sha-bang was not fun, but very very managable. Not hungry, woke up alot during the night, sick to my stomatch, and last but not least " The Green Apple Splatters "

On Wednesday night, it began !!! Muhahaha ! WITHDRAWAL CITY, BABY !!! I had read all the posts of people saying that they were on "week 207" and still couldn't get out of bed ! I was terrifyed ! But, it never got too bad ! was it worst than the previous week ? YES ! But not by much ! This has to be the calm before the storm ! Slept for 6-7 hours !

Day 2 - Symptoms getting alittle worse.... ALITTLE ! I work for a major World Company ( It rymes with Smher - Rox ) Give Up ??? I work for Xerox ! Sales ! OUTSIDE SALES WITH CLIENT MEETINGS EVERYDAY !!! I was at work all day ! 10 hours ! did it suck ? YES ! Did I NUT UP and Pull through it for myself and my beautiful family ? You Better believe it ! Opiates have taken sooo much from me, now I am TAKING FROM IT ! Slept about 4-5 hrs total.

Day 3 - Getting a bit worse but not by much. What I do is get FREAKING PUMPED everday and tell myself that I AM TAKING MY LIFE BACK ! Sleep is now becoming a factor. 3-4 hours total. Up at 2 am watching Magic Bullet Infomercial ! Great Product ! My back is sore, but managable !

Day 4 - Ahhh, this sucked ! Like out of Nowhere I had NO ENERGY !!!! Litterally None ! Taking 2 steps would feel like I ran a marathon ! But guess what ? MOST OF THIS IS MENTAL !!!! PULL UP YOUR SKIRT AND GRAB YOUR TAMPONS FELLAS ! I Laid around most of the day battling my own demons in my head until I found the inner strength to GET UP AND DO SOMETHING ! I packed the Family up and went for a long drive ! Did it hurt ? YES,Very Much SO ! Did I wanna do it ? NO, I wanted to lay around and lick my wounds ! But I DID IT ! And guess what ? When we were driving something happened ! Everything looked brighter than I remembered ! The street signs, grass and trees were SOOOO GREEN ! The sky was sooooo BLUE ! I know it sounds cheesy, but its true ! I was enjoying my DAY ! Something I haven't done in years ! The simple things brought a smile to my face ! This was a bitter/sweet day ! Sleep really now a factor 1-2 hours total, all night !

Today, Day 5 - So physically tired ! Its Monday and I hate it ! Got ready and have been at work all day ! I feel tired and sore but positive ! I feel that this will pass in the next few days, if not tonight ! I am that confident !

Listen everyone, don't believe the horror storys you read or hear ! Make your own story ! It could be good ... it could be bad ! We are all different ! What we as addicts have to understand is that we made a choice to take opiates ! We made a choice to take Suboxone ! WE DID THIS TO OURSELVES ! We Wanted to Take The Ride, But We Didn't Wanna Pay The Price To Get Off ! Is that fair ? I feel that this journey for me is almost over ! I have ruined sooo many relationships and damaged my own family's well being just so I could "Get High" "Feel Normal" "Have The Energy" " INSERT EXCUSE HERE" ! I think that making light of the situation helps ! I hope this helps just 1 person ! We are not Alone ! I am there with you ! So are thousands of others ( If not millions ). This is all what you make of it ! If you sit around and complain, chances are you will go through HELL ! If you grab this by the HORNS and stare it right in the face and Say " NOT THIS TIME" chances are you will feel like me ! If anyone out there needs someone to talk to, I am here for you ! I have found that when I talk to people about what I am going through, it makes me feel good !

Now, this is by no means easy ! But I will Be damned if I let this beat me again !

Look at you wife, husband, son, daughter, mother,father. They love you and want the best. If you are like me, those people count on you everyday ! I don't know about ya'll but I am sick of letting them down !

And last ! Go into the bathroom and look in the mirror ! DO THIS FOR YOURSELF, FIRST AND FOREMOST ! If you can't do it for you, then why are you doing it at all ?

God Bless You All,

I will always be here for support !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:00 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

WOW good for you for holding the doctors feet to the fire............I sell medical equipment and talk to doctors every day and have to put up with the holier I am god attitude ( ok some are nice but when it comes to them spending money they always have a sob story) I am glad to see he gave you the meds to help ease your withdrawal.

Your attitude is in my opinion what helped you get thru this the most...... and yes we can choose to make our own story, I jumped April 15th and never looked back, I feel great and life is good.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Lisa !

I really do believe it is our attitudes/personalities that make or break addiction !

There just comes a point where you have to say " ENOUGH IS ENOUGH "

Dig your feet in the sand and hold your ground !

Tell your self that it will be over soon and it will !

God Bless !