All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Is This Legal???
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

I need some feedback,please.

I've been having problems with my Dr. office to help me to get approved for my Suboxene.
I've been going back and forth with the Ins. and Dr. office. I called the Dr. office this morning to ask them if they sent the proper paper work for my Appeal. After holding on for 35 minutes,she come back and said that my Dr. does not do that. He does not send in any info for a appeal. You have got to be kidding me...She said that his feelings are you have to find a way to pay for the meds. I've never heard of any such thing,never.
This is the only Dr. around here that will take my Ins.
If he doesn't do this,then why didn't they tell me this since Ive been calling about this everyday for 2 weeks?

I'd like to believe this is the office talking and not him. I have a appt. with him next week so I guess I'll have to wait and talk to him then. She also said that he does not write out scripts for Subutex.

If I'm unable to get this approved I have no idea of what I'll do. I don't want to go back to the pain pills that is for sure.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Marie

Post subject: damn insurance
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Cajunmeme,

You know, that just sounds suspicious for the doctor's employee to come back and say "the doctor doesnt' send info for appeals and feels you have to come up with the money however you can" or something like that. i\I hate to say it but I cannot help but suspect that that person was so frustrated with getting the run around from the insurance company that she just said that to get rid of you. It' s hard to believe they never dealt with an appeal before. I wonder if there is someone else in that office you can try talking to who might be more helpful? Sounds like you have probably already talked to everyone there, but you could ask, do they have someone who specializes in billing and insurance issues? If so that is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I think you should ask to talk to the doctor personally about your case.I can tell you that I also have had insurance problems and initially my doctor said she would try to get my insurance to cover my treatment with her by making a "one-time exception" based on how hard it is to find doctors that prescribe sub. I wish I had better suggestions for you, but, I do want to encourage you to keep trying with this doctor at least a little more, sometimes if you keep asking from different angles something will work out, and it seems to me, if you ask the doctor personally to send whatever info the insurance is asking form, maybe he will. And...of course it's best to try to remain polite when being insistent--it can get frustrating but generally we can expect better results if we manage to keep our cool. YOu sound like you've been doing a good job at that. I hope this works out for you. I take it you've already investigated sub docs in your area and this is the only one that is feasible for you?

Post subject: Is This Legal???
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Hi Autononymous,
Thanks for responding.

After I posted,I decided to go the the Dr. office and i brought all the info they needed,AGAIN.
I tried to explain to her that the Dr. did not have to get involved. She said with me saying I could have a seizure going cold turkey that he would have to get involved. All they have to do is look up my on my chart and see this and also i take meds for that. Common sense tells you anyone stopping narcotics can cause a seizure for anyone.

Bottom line,I think they don't want to be bothered. As you said,I can not get too naty b/c that will get me nowhere. I can't even begin to tell you how much I want to go off on them.

I'm not in the position to just let it go. I have appt.Tomorrow with a therapist and maybe they can help.

This is very stressful and no one should have to deal with this when they trying to get off pain pills.

Marie