It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay well I have had a pretty adventurous year!! I just moved to Florida about 3 months ago from Michigan. Began seeing a doctor about a month ago for Suboxone. And just quit my hell hole of a job last night, JOY TO THE WORLD! Although I just began seeing a doctor for Suboxone a month ago doesn't mean I'm new to it.. I actually began taking it over a year ago. I began buying it from friends after having a relapse from being clean off heroin for 4 years. Yes I was one of those who quit a needle addiction cold turkey. Stayed completely clean for four years and then just one day got stressed and relapsed on some Vicodin. The addiction grabbed me back and took ahold of me instantly again. On my third or fourth trip back to the dealer a drug called Suboxone was offered to me. I was really apprehensive about it but I'm very happy I took the chance. I know its a bad thing for people to sell Suboxone on the streets but I will say that it stopped me from traveling down the wrong path in life once again. For me Suboxone never got me high. More over it just makes me think more clearly and feel like I dont need any kind of drug to make me feel better. So I guess it does take some sort of pain away. Somedays I dont feel like I really need to take it... so I think I'm a little different than some people who take it. In fact, I like to sorta take a few days off of taking it and let my body clean it self out a bit and then take it again. I also take very low doses of it... My doctor has me taking 8mg a day but I only take like 2mg twice a day... When I moved here to Florida I had to take a long time off of it. Because back in Michigan I didnt see a doctor for it and I only bought it from a dealer.... So I quit taking it for about 2 months until I found a doctor here and now see her regularly. I was doing fine off of it for a while until I started hanging out with friends and drinking. I also took a xanx and started feeling those urges for opiods again.. This scared me a lot and lead me to do a google search for doctors in my area who offer Suboxone treatment. Once again Suboxone has saved me from taking the wrong path and I'm making my own decisions again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi pottery and a warm welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you found us - and suboxone! Congrats on taking a hold of your life. It's funny, in another thread some folks were just recently discussing how people shouldn't sell their script, yet it very obviously saves lives on the street as well. I'm happy to hear it helped you so much and now you've got a doctor to depend on. And I'm curious, how did you do with withdrawals when you stopped taking it for a couple of months?

Hope you are enjoying Florida (I'm still in Michigan and damn it's cold here!)....Again - welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Pottery,

Welcome! I was wondering the exact same thing. Did you have w/d when you quit taking it for 2 months? What was it like? Congratulations on your new-found freedom from a job that you did not like, and from opiate addiction.

~Rossma

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hi pottery and a warm welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you found us - and suboxone! Congrats on taking a hold of your life. It's funny, in another thread some folks were just recently discussing how people shouldn't sell their script, yet it very obviously saves lives on the street as well. I'm happy to hear it helped you so much and now you've got a doctor to depend on. And I'm curious, how did you do with withdrawals when you stopped taking it for a couple of months?

Hope you are enjoying Florida (I'm still in Michigan and damn it's cold here!)....Again - welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around.

Well I had withdraws for about 2 weeks. Basically I just took it really easy for those 2 weeks. Ate a lot of fruit and fiber to cleans my body and tried to do some meditation and yoga.. Also when something started to bug me I would go out for a walk and it would really help a lot to take my mind off things.. I always find that when I go through withdraws I almost find it essential to change my social routine. Not saying that I isolate myself but I need a lot of alone time. I need to be around people that are sensitive to my feelings and who listen to me. Also another thing I do is write my thoughts in a journal.. kinda keep a log of whats going on. Its all easier said than done and taking that first step is always the hardest.

Yeah i'm doing great in Florida but I will say that I'm starting to miss Michigan believe it or not.. I'm actually taking a trip to Michigan in a week and going to be flying in for a month. I was kinda worried about taking the suboxone with me on the plane... I've always been kinda scared to taking anything with me on the plane because I've had lots of things thrown away. So idono if I should just put it in my bags I check in... any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Pottery,

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, this place has been so helpful to me and I hope you will feel the same :D
As far as taking your subs on the plane I would keep them on my carry on bag they are in your name from your Dr. so you have nothing to hide!

Keep up the good work :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Potterym4jor wrote:

Yeah i'm doing great in Florida but I will say that I'm starting to miss Michigan believe it or not.. I'm actually taking a trip to Michigan in a week and going to be flying in for a month. I was kinda worried about taking the suboxone with me on the plane... I've always been kinda scared to taking anything with me on the plane because I've had lots of things thrown away. So idono if I should just put it in my bags I check in... any suggestions?

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I have been on suboxone for almost two years. The first year, I went on vacation to the Rocky Mountains and last year I went on vacation to the Grand Canyon. In both cases, I carried my suboxone, along with the rest of my medication, in my carry on bag, in the original bottles they were provided in. I never had any problems of any kind. They CANNOT prevent you from taking legally prescribed medication on the plane with you. Period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

junkie781 wrote:
Potterym4jor wrote:

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I have been on suboxone for almost two years. The first year, I went on vacation to the Rocky Mountains and last year I went on vacation to the Grand Canyon. In both cases, I carried my suboxone, along with the rest of my medication, in my carry on bag, in the original bottles they were provided in. I never had any problems of any kind. They CANNOT prevent you from taking legally prescribed medication on the plane with you. Period.

Thank you for the advice. This makes me feel a little bit more comfortable and maybe I will just carry it on my carry on bag. I just hope that since they are now in the film form they wont get more suspicious about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First let me say welcome and conrats on getting into a suboxone program were you can get your script from a dr instead of haveing to deal with dealers thats always a big step i think for most people. As of bringing your meds on the plane as long as its in the og bottler or whatever it may come in you are 100% fine. just make sure its in the bottle it came in that month.

i do got to say wow that you could go with out sub for a couple days then take it again. I know you said you are going back home for a lil bit. i would talk to your dr about this cause mich. might bring back some bad memorys or craveings we have all been there. i would say just take a low dose on the days you usually dont take any while you are in mich just to stay safe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I took it a few times without a script too and the guy I got them from told me all about them and this was about a year ago exactly so the past year has been one of the best yet for me! Glad to hear the same from u!!