It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My name is Brian, I have been sober for 4 years. 2 Suboxone per day. On my second doctor, the first was to far away from my house. The second one just told me I've been on to long and he does not offer long term support, only detox. So, I have joined this forum today to start my hunt for a place in NJ that would take an addict who has not used drugs in 4 years and wants to stay on the maintenance program. I was addicted to heroin and lived on the streets of NY, PA, and Atlantic City for well over a decade. Suboxone saved my life. Today, I own my own business in the health and fitness field, have my own place, car , girlfriend, and lots of faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi There:

When I started looking for a doctor to prescribe suboxone, I started my search at www.suboxone.com and before long I found a doctor who was taking new patients.

I have seen this before. There are some doctors who simply will not entertain the idea of long term maintenance. I am not sure that they all have completely altruistic intent. Some of them, unfortunately, are just in it for the money. Others don't "believe in" long term ORT, despite the plethora of peer reviewed research that shows pretty clearly that long term ORT is a very successful way of treating addicts.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to try www.suboxone.com or, if you have a good relationship with your current doctor despite him kicking you to the curb, maybe ask him if there is anyone he can refer you to.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello hard core and welcome! In addition to suboxone.com, there are other online locators, too. There is NAABT.org, suboxone-directory.com, and samhsa.gov. Plus there's a section on this forum about our doctors - it's not a very big list, but you might want to check it out just the same. I wish you luck finding a new doctor.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Wow!! Quick answers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you to all who helped so far. That was really fast. I have to go to work now but I will hop back online shortly and look into the suggestions made so far. :) Truly amazing.