It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sodone wrote:
Thats basically what I was trying to say.. Breezy Ann just said it in much simpler & shorter terms. I always have to write a novel then sometimes forget my point lol.

I am guilty of that myself. I can't tell you how many times I've read my post prior to posting it and had to go back and start over. By the way I got what you were saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow this is a old thread.

You can take suboxone all you want but that does not rezolve your drug addiction. A litlle orange pill cant teach you the important skills you need to have to live a healthy drug free life. We are addicts are coping skills are a joke and if we could cope normally we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place. Suboxone is a security blanket so thats always in the back of your head. But once you are off that orange pill and your recptors are no longer blocked is when the true recovery starts. And thats were counseling comes in along with groups. While you are on sub you are stable and thats when u can learn and get the tools u need so when u r done with sub you are ready to take on life without drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm VERY glad that my Dr doesn't make me go any meeting. IMO I believe everyone heals,grows and recovers differently.I have a BIG mouth, Love to talk and have Never meet a stranger. I was raised to be privite keep your problems at home handle them yourself.So for me to go in front of strangers and open my closet would not do me any good. I choose who I open to and I have a HARD time trusting people. So for me it would do more harm then good. But I did on my own decide to see a counsler one on one, that I'm excited about, because I did realize that suboxone was not enough for me,key word I choose to do it not forced. I think alot of my issues are privite ones not everyone in my community needs to know my business. I moved here 4 years ago it is a small town everyone knows each other so I can only imagine if one person found out it would be known in about an hour all over town.

Thank GOD I'm not told I have to go to NA\AA
Mel :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i believe the only force people should take, is by breaking the law!! nothing should be forced up on anyone.
if your going to force some one." make dam sure you no there past, and there up coming future. i9 see to many
people get no where being forced. but some times i guess ya gotta have faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:59 am 
Bboy42287 wrote:
Wow this is a old thread.

You can take suboxone all you want but that does not rezolve your drug addiction. A litlle orange pill cant teach you the important skills you need to have to live a healthy drug free life. We are addicts are coping skills are a joke and if we could cope normally we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place. Suboxone is a security blanket so thats always in the back of your head. But once you are off that orange pill and your recptors are no longer blocked is when the true recovery starts. And thats were counseling comes in along with groups. While you are on sub you are stable and thats when u can learn and get the tools u need so when u r done with sub you are ready to take on life without drugs.

I am very glad that I don't believe I am powerless.

I am very glad that I got on Sub and off the NA wagon. I went from relapsing all the time to about once every 3 months for the first year. Now it is the beginning of year 2, and it has been a little longer. My life has improved in countless ways. I have done a lot of growing up.

All without joining a cult religion fraudulently claiming to cure addicts. If it really worked, there would be evidence to prove it. Anecdotal evidence doesn't cut it, for me at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We SO need a "LIKE" button.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm so glad I found this tread. I just asked someone in aPM if they thought meetings were neccessary for recovery. I only went to one and it was AA/NA mixed. I hated it. People just said,,hi my name is --- and im a ---addict. Maybe it was a bad group, but I don't understand how that helps people stay clean. I do see a counselor and it is a big help. She usually gives me "homework" . That is what I need. To work on "me" and coping skills. Having a plan if I feel a trigger or a craving. How to think first, feel second act third. Instead of a the other way around. For me I really see the need for the counseling and I think I have a good counselor..But I have definitley read how NA or AA saved someones life. I think it is just an art to find out what works for each person. We are all individuals and each persons program needs to be individual. Not everyone has the same learning style, some are visual, some are auditory, and some are kinestetic, so learning how to stay clean is the same way..Some need AA/NA some need therapy, some need suboxone, some don't ....Just DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU...AND KEEP DOING IT. Although I am curious if I found another group if I would like it. I sometimes feel like I need to be doing more. Sometimes, I wish I were in NA and had a sponsor to talk with. I don't have that. I only have my counselor and this forum for support..()well and my family, but try as they might they don't all get it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I prolly should explain the whole group thing. The groups i attend are not na or aa, they are groups provided to me at my methadone clinic also my private out patient program provides me groups. So i have a much different outlook on groups bc the groups i attend are much more personal. same people give or take a newbie or two and no more than 15 people at most usually more like 8. And these groups have helped me beyond what i thought the could ever do for me. And i was just like all u guys groups suck they shouldnt be mandatory nither should seeing a counselor. But once i actually did these things with the right people it became a huge part of my recovery. Who better to talk with about addiction than other addicts that were or r in the same shoes u were at one point. And i beg u if you have never even tried this form of treaatment dont bash it just bc you dont want to be forced to do something u dont want too.

I would think people would want to do this stuff for themselves and wouldnt even matter if it was forved or not.

ALL IM GETTING AT IS A ORANGE PILL DOES NOT CURE OPIATE ADDICTION. You yourself has to and u wouldnt be on suboxone if yyou could do it yourself. So what is going to be any different once off suboxone unless you learn how before you stop suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was in no way bashing meetings or groups.. im all for whatever works, I was just saying that the same things wont work for every single person in recovery. Some people need groups, meetings or counseling and some people just need a clear head to work on themselves. Counseling/meetings/groups isnt a cure all either or we wouldnt need Suboxone so the same goes the other way around. Addiction is NOT curable. We as individuals just need to find what works for us.. Forcing someone to do all the counseling may work or may just be a big waste of time for them. You cant mandate someone to do things just because it works well for someone else. EVERYONE is different & needs to do whatever it takes for THEM to stay clean, not whatever it takes for you to stay clean.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*