It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today I switched doctors and was prescribed 30 8mg pills and the bottle says take a quarter 3x per day.

Well Mr. Chang at the walgreens had an issue with the math as the pills were only for a month. they gave me 7 extras. By all was said and done he gave me 21 pills and i paid outta pocket this time while i wait on a pre auth from my insurance. I have no problem cause i only need 21 pills for the month until i get the 2mg pills. here's the deal... why did he not just fill the prescription and send me off. Was he being a dick.. or is the computer at walgreens rejecting it. cause my bottle says "1 refill before 10/12/11" It always said no refills before. Can i go to another walgreens and get the other 7 pills? Not that i actually need them cause i feel great on 6mg and any more a day makes me feel jittery. I usually give the extra pills to my wife in case emergency (hurriccaine, dr office closing down) and she keeps them at her moms. Anyone know and answer to this???

Again sorry for so many posts? I just really enjoy this site. It's way better than yahoo answers (my last computer addiction)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

54 views and no reply must mean the pharmacist was being a dick!!! Im gonna take the bottle to another walgreens tomorrow to see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So i went to walgreens down the road.. a different one. I spoke with the pharmacist there whom i call (a pill boy) Like your job is really that important to order and count pills. I mean you could put monkeys there and they'd do just fine.

I brought my empty bottle(left the film at home) and asked for a reason the pharmacist would do this. Turns out his answer is "it is our job to get involved in patients personal business". So much for patient doctor privacy!! As if i want anyone else judging me for being on suboxone. So i left and decided to contact walgreens corporate to find an answer on this. oh also when i go online my refill is for 21 pills not 9. Anyway If i find out that this guy did something wrong i will own them and change this name of their business to NIGHTgreens!!!!!!!

I do not want some pill monkey judging me and making a decision over a real medical doctor!!!!! I don't even care about the extra 9 pills anyway. I wont even fill them. but Walgreens Has got me so pissed i'm gonna find a local place in town and go there. I think another poster on this site told me about a good one anyway!! F Walgreens!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh and here's the kicker...... I just did a search, i make twice his salary!!!!!! In your face pill monkey!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Night,
You might get more satisfaction sooner if you have your Dr.'s Office call them. The doc can easily change the instructions to read take 1/4 3 to 4 times a day, even though he knows you are only taking it 3x. A couple of times I had the pharmacy be real jerks to me, and when the doc called the problem instantly went away.
Good luck,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Often if the instruction on the prescription don't match either the total number of pills prescribed or how the doctor verbally told you to take them, then the pharmacist will fill it according to those instructions. Then the refill is for the balance of the number of pills the doctor prescribed. This is my bet on what happened.

And if they were processing it through your insurance, then that's part of the equation, too. What I mean is that the pharmacist's hands are tied with regard to how and when they can fill a script.

That's the way I see it. I know it's vague, but based on what you've said, it's the best I can offer. I do agree with Lilly though, that you should probably call your doctor and tell them what happened and see if s/he can fix it.

Good luck and let us know what happens - I'm a bit curious how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for your help. I've been gone 4 a few days. Anyone know if i can just bring the bottle to another walgreens as it has 9 left on the prescription and just pay for them? I'm gonna change pharmacies anyway next month but i was wondering? or all all pharmacies linked and i can refill them elsewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So i finally figured it out. The guy was being an a$$. i went to another walgreens and had the guy do the refill to pick up on the 10th of May. But it says for 21. He told me all i gotta do is show up when my refill is due and tell them i only want 9 instead of 21. Then on the 11th i go to my doctor. I'll tell her what happened and see if there is a better pharmacy in the area. and next time i'll be on 2mg film 3*per day. So no more messing around with racist pharmacists at walgreens!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

To the OP...

Your main and only problem...unless you are in a remote area.....IS......wait for it..........YOU GO TO WALGREENS. As pharmacies go...it doesn't get any more corporate. I've had nothing but problems on any kind of Rx....

I go to this mom and pop pharmacy and they come out and greet u in line and get your prescriptions so they can get them done fast and are ALWAYS extra nice.

Walgreens had computers down one day when I tried to call in a refill for Nuvigil, had a coupon cuz its about the cost of your first born child without, and I called the next day to have this corporate drone tell me that it expired yesterday and her hands were tied. I didn't need it like one would need suboxone, but they are the worst.
P.S After calling walgreens which is the second pharmacy (transfer) I called my pharmacy (original fillers) and they called walgreens and got it taken care of. I mean really, I called the day before and now you cant cuz it's not a legal rx...get off your lazy ass. Countless times I would catch them reading the paper at night. My Grandpa was the dean of Pharmacy for years at one of the countries largest universities and when he was a pharmacist, everything was compound ie...had to make the topical paste. Actual work...not press a couple buttons on a machine which spits out the pills. I cant believe that pharmacy students have almost the same course load as Pre-Med. I know I could be a better pharmacist than half out there just from studying pharmacology and being around the block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some pharmacists are just jerks plain and simple it has nothing to do with where you go it is the person you deal with. Even at a local pharmacy you might run into another jerk which can be worst because he has nobody to answerer to as he is the owner. So just find a pharmacy you like whether it be at Walgreen, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid Eckerd and or a small family owned business it is about the people you deal with. I was a 14 year old kid getting oxytontin scripts I know how it is to get judged by these people but then I found a pharmacy I like and they all know me by first name and are very kind to me still to this day for my other meds I still get.

And I know you were prolly just joking but you salaries post was really sinking you to their level you never want to judge a person based on how much money they make joke or not. and i am not saying this to just start a argument i am saying it because you are better than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just like anything else in the world, good and bad pharmacists exist. No offense, but in some of your posts it appears that you have quite the attitude. You get back what you put out. If you walk around thinking you are superior or that everyone else is out to get you, than you are going to see things in a way which confirms that viewpoint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have to agree with stephent here, based on personal experience: there are good pharmacists (meaning professionals distributing medicine without judgment) and bad (meaning those who wear their judgments on their sleeve, and have swallowed the mass culture's ideas about addicts & controlled substances). I used a local pharm for 2 years, where i was treated with suspicion and very obviously viewed as the lowest of the low, without them knowing anything specific about my history - just the sub Rx. No one said anything directly, but there was a palpable unpleasantness on an energetic level, which became so uncomfortable that i started to internalize some of it and feel afraid or like i was doing something wrong just going in to pick up my meds. When i told my doc about it, he said "they see you as one of THOSE people, and probably assume you're a junkie prostitute." They also very clearly saw him as one of THOSE doctors, too, and i witnessed disparaging comments about him there more than once. They clearly thought he was too soft, and irresponsible. Finally changed pharmacies. and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I've never felt so much as a tiny echo of anyone's malice or uneducated judgment at my new pharm. And the pharm i changed to is Walgreens.... I have wondered if this air of professionalism is a Walgreens policy, or the sum total of the particular group of individuals working there. Sounds like it's the individuals, not necessarily the company.

I've thought about this a lot, and the pharmacists are responsible for insuring they are properly distributing controlled substances, and they are held accountable for not doing so. More than likely they are taught all kinds of nasty things about opiate addicts, and maybe had an experience or two that then validated what they were taught. I'm not justifying it, just trying to understand how these biases form in people. If you've ever seen any of the old turn of the century propaganda about opium addicts, there is a very real, very ugly history of viewing opiate addicts as the worst criminal & mentally unstable elements of society. All that propaganda did NOT just disappear. It's woven into the fabric of society, along with the War on Drugs, Reagan's baby...

I recommend shopping around for a professional pharmacy who treats you like any other patient in need of medicine. They are out there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Being that I know how insurance companies can be with covering Suboxone and how much it cost out of pocket if I were you I would most definately get that extra 7. Just to keep in case of emergency. I am constantly running into problems with my isurance company and I cannot afford to pay out of pocket! I just spent the past 3 days without my meds because of my insurance company refusing to cover my suboxone, My doctor continues to fight along side of me against my insurance! If you had that extra 7 stashed away incase something like that would happen or you couldn't afford to pay out of pocket then you would have peace of mind knowing that you have atleast that much saved just incase! I have been so sick for the past few days and this happens every month my isurance co. does this! They finally decided to refill my script! I ususally try and skip a day here and there to have some extra when this happens as the insurance company is affecting my recovery!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wallgreens has not been my pharm- for over a month now, and they keep calling me telling me that my pre- is ready :lol: i don't even have any more from them and they keep calling. i act- went there to tell them that and they said they would take care of there computer phone and :lol:still getting the calls :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

By the way I was night now i'm nightmare.

Anyway i figured out walgreens is stupid and i got my 7 extra pills the following month and paid cash. Then went right over to cvs and filled my current prescription. I still got 7 extras a year later. i use a local pharmacy who has to this day not judged me once.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:45 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I know this is an old post, but I HAVE to comment!!! I have experienced this type of crap from pharmacists as well!! What the heck? I had all my teeth pulled out, in a matter of three weeks. They prescribed me 5mg norco, and I had a high tolerance because of my past addiction. So they didn't help much. But every time I tried to get the new script, the pharmacist acted like I was bringing in a fake script or something. She always filled it, so I finally got nasty, called my dentist. I could hear him cussing her out on the phone! lol He's like, fill the god damn prescription, I'm the doctor, not you. If I gave them to her, its for a reason!!! I stood there, looking smug, while the "pill girl" lol, did her freaking JOB!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I feel that way too. There is one lady especially. Probably all in my head.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I once took my Suboxone rx. to a Walgreen's , the Rx was written for NO REFILLS but once dispensed I opened the bag I had .one. refill. I was happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not again: not sure why you would be happy. Do you plan to fill it and the new one you get from your doctor? With the state databases being checked routinely that sounds like a quick slide out of the practice for deception.