It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 am



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 311
we all know they love each other....just look at the way they fight! I think they should have a BIG wedding and invite all of us on the forum to it. They could even have
Dr. Junig perform the ceremonies....we could all meet each other and discuss the ceiling effects of suboxone. Wouldn't that be great~~~!!!!! Love you both..............judy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
OMGosh, that is the funniest shit ever!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for that awesome laugh!!!

Breezy, I love ya dude.

Ironic, I don't know you well, but just the fact that you get under Breezy's skin makes me love you too!! :lol: :lol:

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:19 am 
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:56 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
Ironic didn't say no! :wink:

Am I supposed to lock this kinda thread? I think it's a bit funny. Maybe I'll move it? Where tho. Family Stories? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Hey T,

I was thinking this should be moved to the 12 Step section (ya know, 13th stepping!! LOL)

Congratulations on taking the Moderator position T!! I always like reading your posts....especially the funny ones!!

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:42 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 311
Romeo wrote:
Hey T,

I was thinking this should be moved to the 12 Step section (ya know, 13th stepping!! LOL)

Congratulations on taking the Moderator position T!! I always like reading your posts....especially the funny ones!!




TO EVERYBODY:

ok...here is the deal...i have been in bed with the flu for a week..finally made it to my computer and started reading breezy's post to ironic...they went back and forth and i just read and read, even the links. .....but when the charts and graphs started coming out i got tickled. then other people added their charts and graphs and i was just laughing out loud!

i wasn't laughing at you breezy or ironic, I was laughing at myself for by this time i had forgotten what the topic was about, i was so confused i forgot what sub did for me!....so I posted a funny. I meant no harm and hope you guys aren't mad at me, I just became so confused!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm 
TO EVERYBODY:

ok...here is the deal...i have been in bed with the flu for a week..finally made it to my computer and started reading breezy's post to ironic...they went back and forth and i just read and read, even the links. .....but when the charts and graphs started coming out i got tickled. then other people added their charts and graphs and i was just laughing out loud!

i wasn't laughing at you breezy or ironic, I was laughing at myself for by this time i had forgotten what the topic was about, i was so confused i forgot what sub did for me!....so I posted a funny. I meant no harm and hope you guys aren't mad at me, I just became so confused!![/quote]

Hey now, I don't mind! I think maybe it'll lead more people to read the thread. How can I be concerned about that? It is obvious which one of us discusses an issue, backing up what they are saying with medical resources, and which one of us just talks (with improper punctuation, I might add).

My biggest concern is just that people who seek information about this drug find the truth. Truth>opinion.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am
Posts: 893
Location: AZ
slipper wrote:
Romeo wrote:
Hey T,

I was thinking this should be moved to the 12 Step section (ya know, 13th stepping!! LOL)

Congratulations on taking the Moderator position T!! I always like reading your posts....especially the funny ones!!




TO EVERYBODY:

ok...here is the deal...i have been in bed with the flu for a week..finally made it to my computer and started reading breezy's post to ironic...they went back and forth and i just read and read, even the links. .....but when the charts and graphs started coming out i got tickled. then other people added their charts and graphs and i was just laughing out loud!

i wasn't laughing at you breezy or ironic, I was laughing at myself for by this time i had forgotten what the topic was about, i was so confused i forgot what sub did for me!....so I posted a funny. I meant no harm and hope you guys aren't mad at me, I just became so confused!!


No worries Judy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:56 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Hey Breezy and Ironic,

I'm sorry if I offended either of you. It certainly was not my intention to offend anyone.

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: to ironic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 311
Romeo wrote:
Hey Breezy and Ironic,

I'm sorry if I offended either of you. It certainly was not my intention to offend anyone.


to ironic: so now that we have the apoligies over....ironic you do have a point and I think it is what you are trying to convey to everyone..what if one is in an accident and needs pain med. and is on such a high dose of sub they stay in pain. I have been worried about this for a time. I am at the age when bad things are more likely to happen. I could fall and break something..need open heart surg. etc. I am presently on 16 mg. of sub for about 8 mo. I have tapered down to 8 and now to 4. I am going to remain at 4 because I have to have the sub or be out there in addiction. Do you think if something happened and I needed pain med. I could get off the 4 quickly enough for the pain med. to work? You seem to go by the medical findings of things and being a nurse i like that. I really would like your opinion. Thanks, Judy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:47 am
Posts: 1496
Hi Judy -

Your question about getting pain relief as a Sub patient is a very valid one. I just wanted to share my experience. I passed a kidney stone when I was on Sub; my dose was 4mgs a day. It was incredibly painful and I went to the ER. I chose not to disclose that I was on Sub, but that's up to each individual to decide. Anyway, they gave me a shot of dilaudid and it totally worked. It wore off a bit faster than I remember it doing with the other two stones I had passed before I was on Sub, but they gave me another dose before I left.

I also received a scrip for 5mg percosets to use for pain while passing the stone at home. I tried to use them without taking any Sub, but they didn't even keep me out of withdrawal, let alone kill the pain. Finally I decided to take a small amount of Sub (1 or 2 mgs if I recall correctly) along with the percoset. Worked like a charm. The sub dose was enough to allieviate the withdrawals but not so much that the percoset was blocked. I passed the stone, reported the whole thing to my Sub doc, and everything was fine.

I know I was lucky and other people have not had as good an experience. Many members here have printed out a copy of the NIH (I think) guidelines for treating pain in Suboxone patients and they keep it with them. If they have a planned procedure that will require pain meds, they share this document with their providers. You can find a link to it in the "Links" section of the forum.

I think that the fact that you're on a lower dose of Sub means that you have a better chance of getting adequate pain relief if you should need it at some point in the future. This is certainly one of the questions that we have to consider when we decide to take Suboxone. For most of us, the benefit of the medication outweighs the risks, but it really is a personal decision. I hope this helps!

_________________
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.

-Jack Kornfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:27 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
Ironic wrote:
It is obvious which one of us ...


Once again there's some passive-aggression towards another person on this forum. If you have an issue with someone on this board, then be an adult and let them know in person, instead of these childish veiled insults. Remember that breezy donates her time and energy to this board to keep this a a safe place for all. Addiction forums aren't always a wellspring of mental health, and there's plenty of people like yourself who seemingly enjoy rocking the boat more than helping others. Strangely they're not around anymore, though...

Ironic wrote:
... discusses an issue, backing up what they are saying with medical resources, and which one of us just talks (with improper punctuation, I might add).


There's a word for this. It's called being a "googlademic" - someone who punches words into google, sifting through countless contrasting opinions to find information that backs up your opinion. Ironic, can you prove to us that you're a medical professional? Can you even prove that you're a paid member of any online archive of medical journals that shows more than just the abstract of any study?

Ironic wrote:
My biggest concern is just that people who seek information about this drug find the truth. Truth>opinion.


You see, here you are with these passive aggressive jabs again. They are so blatant it's not funny. So you are concerned that people seeking information won't find the truth by reading breezy's posts. And you need to come in and set the record straight, because your opinion is closer to the truth, because your opinion > breezy_ann's...

Ironic, I really doubt other forums would tolerate this stuff like we do. But you're a recovering addict in need of help, just like everyone else, and you might need some support one day that may save your life. That's why we don't like banning people. I don't want to ban you, and I'm pretty sure breezy and the other mods don't want to as well.

Last I heard, there's only one qualified doctor who drops in here. And until you decide to do something useful and get a medical degree, no other opinion here is ">" greater than anyone's.


Last edited by tearj3rker on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: TO DIARY OF A QUITTER
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 am 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 311
Diary of a Quitter wrote:
Hi Judy -

Your question about getting pain relief as a Sub patient is a very valid one. I just wanted to share my experience. I passed a kidney stone when I was on Sub; my dose was 4mgs a day. It was incredibly painful and I went to the ER. I chose not to disclose that I was on Sub, but that's up to each individual to decide. Anyway, they gave me a shot of dilaudid and it totally worked. It wore off a bit faster than I remember it doing with the other two stones I had passed before I was on Sub, but they gave me another dose before I left.

I also received a scrip for 5mg percosets to use for pain while passing the stone at home. I tried to use them without taking any Sub, but they didn't even keep me out of withdrawal, let alone kill the pain. Finally I decided to take a small amount of Sub (1 or 2 mgs if I recall correctly) along with the percoset. Worked like a charm. The sub dose was enough to allieviate the withdrawals but not so much that the percoset was blocked. I passed the stone, reported the whole thing to my Sub doc, and everything was fine.

I know I was lucky and other people have not had as good an experience. Many members here have printed out a copy of the NIH (I think) guidelines for treating pain in Suboxone patients and they keep it with them. If they have a planned procedure that will require pain meds, they share this document with their providers. You can find a link to it in the "Links" section of the forum.

I think that the fact that you're on a lower dose of Sub means that you have a better chance of getting adequate pain relief if you should need it at some point in the future. This is certainly one of the questions that we have to consider when we decide to take Suboxone. For most of us, the benefit of the medication outweighs the risks, but it really is a personal decision. I hope this helps!



Doaq....

Thank you so much for this post. It made me feel much better. I now know what i could do or at least try at home that might give me some relief. I am a real chicken when it comes to pain...have a real low pain tolerance, so I have worried about this too much. With me the benefits do outweigh the risks. Thanks again for you information. ....Judy


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am
Posts: 893
Location: AZ
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make sure my position is clear. Yes if you are on higher doses of sub and require emergency pain relief you will have a problem. Like Diary said it's a case of does the benefit of sub maintenance out weigh this risk? For me it does but this is a decision everyone needs to make for themselves.

If you were to require a scheduled surgery then there are steps to be taken that will allow you to receive adequate pain relief. This blocking effect is also one of sub's properties that makes it work so well for addiction but in the case of an emergency would be a problem.

I would like to add that most of us already had this risk while taking our doc (depends how high your habit was). I had surgery while being prescribed 150mg of oxy (most days took more) and had horrible pain control in the hospital. So in my view if this risk did not make me stop taking oxy it isn't going to stop me from taking my sub. Again this is a personal decision each one of us must make.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
So that's a yes to marriage? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:50 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am
Posts: 893
Location: AZ
It might be difficult to find a state that could perform the ceremony. I am already married so we could get away with the polygamy aspect in Utah but not the same sex part.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:16 pm 
tearj3rker wrote:
Ironic wrote:
It is obvious which one of us ...


Once again there's some passive-aggression towards another person on this forum. If you have an issue with someone on this board, then be an adult and let them know in person, instead of these childish veiled insults. Remember that breezy donates her time and energy to this board to keep this a a safe place for all. Addiction forums aren't always a wellspring of mental health, and there's plenty of people like yourself who seemingly enjoy rocking the boat more than helping others. Strangely they're not around anymore, though...

Ironic wrote:
... discusses an issue, backing up what they are saying with medical resources, and which one of us just talks (with improper punctuation, I might add).


There's a word for this. It's called being a "googlademic" - someone who punches words into google, sifting through countless contrasting opinions to find information that backs up your opinion. Ironic, can you prove to us that you're a medical professional? Can you even prove that you're a paid member of any online archive of medical journals that shows more than just the abstract of any study?

Ironic wrote:
My biggest concern is just that people who seek information about this drug find the truth. Truth>opinion.


You see, here you are with these passive aggressive jabs again. They are so blatant it's not funny. So you are concerned that people seeking information won't find the truth by reading breezy's posts. And you need to come in and set the record straight, because your opinion is closer to the truth, because your opinion > breezy_ann's...

Ironic, I really doubt other forums would tolerate this stuff like we do. But you're a recovering addict in need of help, just like everyone else, and you might need some support one day that may save your life. That's why we don't like banning people. I don't want to ban you, and I'm pretty sure breezy and the other mods don't want to as well.

Last I heard, there's only one qualified doctor who drops in here. And until you decide to do something useful and get a medical degree, no other opinion here is ">" greater than anyone's.


Do I need to prove that I am a medical professional to cite myself? I am an undergrad, and every paper I write I have to prove that what I am saying is based in fact. I think that the matter of addiction is much more serious than a term paper, so I would expect that sources are very important. Feel free to call me a "googlademic," but how is that any worse than pretending your (non fact based) opinion is actually a fact? As far as "being someone who punches words into google, sifting through countless contrasting opinions to find information that backs up your opinion," nope. It took all of five minutes for me to find every single piece of information I have linked to here, because what I am saying is steeped deeply in truth.

Please stop accusing me of "trying to rock the boat" just because my opinion is different than a moderators. Are you medical professionals? If not, then as long as I follow the forum rules, my opinions (I cite the facts they are based on) are just as valid as those of a moderator who is also not a medical professional.

That is my point. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. My opinion = Breezy Ann's. It is the facts that can tip the scales, and I will say again that I am more than happy to let people read the threads and draw their own conclusions. I think my differing opinions, as long as they are based on fact, should be seen as valuable.

Again, if you find it suitable to ban me, that is your choice, but at least tell the 100% truth as to why. I've been careful not to break any forum rules, and if I am breaking one, if it is brought to my attention I will cease to do so.

You also said "I really doubt other forums would tolerate this stuff like we do." What stuff? Citations?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am
Posts: 893
Location: AZ
Ok, this is getting ridiculous and not helping anyone. The problem is not your opinions it is your constant slamming of me. I have not presented anything that is false and for you to keep posting this I am right and you are wrong stuff is getting old. I simply posted Dr. Junigs explanation of the ceiling effect and then posted links to him explaining it. You posted your view and provided your link. So the issue comes down to, you believe samsha to be correct and I believe Dr. Junig to be correct. It's as simple as that. Why you feel the need to continually slam me is beyond me. You do not have to call someone a name to be personally attacking them, accusing them falsely is also a personal attack.

I have tried ignoring this and it has done no good. You have posted your point of view on me repeatedly so enough is enough. The only reason I am addressing this now is because it is taking away from the forum and what we are here to do, help people. If you would like to continue to tell me what a liar I am and how wrong I am please do so thru pm's, our members do not need to be exposed to this nonsense any longer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:32 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 311
Ironic wrote:
tearj3rker wrote:
Ironic wrote:
It is obvious which one of us ...


Once again there's some passive-aggression towards another person on this forum. If you have an issue with someone on this board, then be an adult and let them know in person, instead of these childish veiled insults. Remember that breezy donates her time and energy to this board to keep this a a safe place for all. Addiction forums aren't always a wellspring of mental health, and there's plenty of people like yourself who seemingly enjoy rocking the boat more than helping others. Strangely they're not around anymore, though...

Ironic wrote:
... discusses an issue, backing up what they are saying with medical resources, and which one of us just talks (with improper punctuation, I might add).


There's a word for this. It's called being a "googlademic" - someone who punches words into google, sifting through countless contrasting opinions to find information that backs up your opinion. Ironic, can you prove to us that you're a medical professional? Can you even prove that you're a paid member of any online archive of medical journals that shows more than just the abstract of any study?

Ironic wrote:
My biggest concern is just that people who seek information about this drug find the truth. Truth>opinion.


You see, here you are with these passive aggressive jabs again. They are so blatant it's not funny. So you are concerned that people seeking information won't find the truth by reading breezy's posts. And you need to come in and set the record straight, because your opinion is closer to the truth, because your opinion > breezy_ann's...

Ironic, I really doubt other forums would tolerate this stuff like we do. But you're a recovering addict in need of help, just like everyone else, and you might need some support one day that may save your life. That's why we don't like banning people. I don't want to ban you, and I'm pretty sure breezy and the other mods don't want to as well.

Last I heard, there's only one qualified doctor who drops in here. And until you decide to do something useful and get a medical degree, no other opinion here is ">" greater than anyone's.


Do I need to prove that I am a medical professional to cite myself? I am an undergrad, and every paper I write I have to prove that what I am saying is based in fact. I think that the matter of addiction is much more serious than a term paper, so I would expect that sources are very important. Feel free to call me a "googlademic," but how is that any worse than pretending your (non fact based) opinion is actually a fact? As far as "being someone who punches words into google, sifting through countless contrasting opinions to find information that backs up your opinion," nope. It took all of five minutes for me to find every single piece of information I have linked to here, because what I am saying is steeped deeply in truth.

Please stop accusing me of "trying to rock the boat" just because my opinion is different than a moderators. Are you medical professionals? If not, then as long as I follow the forum rules, my opinions (I cite the facts they are based on) are just as valid as those of a moderator who is also not a medical professional.

That is my point. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. My opinion = Breezy Ann's. It is the facts that can tip the scales, and I will say again that I am more than happy to let people read the threads and draw their own conclusions. I think my differing opinions, as long as they are based on fact, should be seen as valuable.

Again, if you find it suitable to ban me, that is your choice, but at least tell the 100% truth as to why. I've been careful not to break any forum rules, and if I am breaking one, if it is brought to my attention I will cease to do so.

You also said "I really doubt other forums would tolerate this stuff like we do." What stuff? Citations?





TO BREEZY ANN AND IRONIC;

Ok, I'm sorry I started the thing in the first place. Someone please take the whole damn thing off the shelf!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 4933
Location: Leesburg, FL
I'm locking this thread until it's decided if it will be moved or deleted or what.

_________________
-As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group