It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ever since I can remember I've had constipation problems. The opiate abuse only made it worse and continues with taking suboxone. I was never really able to find anything to help it as far as laxatives.

Well I just now noticed after getting out of the shower that there is a bumpy area right by rectum. I have absolutely no idea how long it has been there, although I don't think it could have been more than a day or two maximum. I wouldn't have noticed it without feeling it. It hasn't given me any pain and I don't know if it will. I can't think of any other possibility it could be other than a hemorrhoid. I'm freaking out pretty hard and was hoping if anyone has any experience with this subject they could share their insight. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 pm 

Yes, that is what it is. Some are inside and some are outside the rectum. A good majority of them are like yours. When irritated, it pops out temporarily and then the swelling goes down and you can't see it anymore.

I am no authority on this subject, I just happened to have lived a bit longer than most here. Don't ever strain when having a BM, that is what causes them. Buy some fiber, triple the dose, and take it everyday.

A little TMI IMO!

rule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the information! It seems to have gotten smaller as time goes on but I'm unsure whether there is an underlying, more serious cause. Sorry if that first post had too much information in it...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:54 am 

rule62 wrote:
Yes, that is what it is. Some are inside and some are outside the rectum. A good majority of them are like yours. When irritated, it pops out temporarily and then the swelling goes down and you can't see it anymore.

I am no authority on this subject, I just happened to have lived a bit longer than most here. Don't ever strain when having a BM, that is what causes them. Buy some fiber, triple the dose, and take it everyday.

A little TMI IMO!

rule

Also, try not to be a woman and push a baby out! :D

Amy