It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry your mom said that shit to you. Try not to let it soak in, so to speak. YOU know you're in recovery, that's the most important thing. You're doing it for yourself, right, not her? Maybe when your mom calms down a little you could try to educate her about the difference between suboxone and subutex and why it absolutely cannot and will not get YOU high.

I know you're in a rough spot right now, and I'm sorry. Just hang in there. I really wish you would look for a new doctor. What do you have to lose?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
Yea I got clean for myself, back in july I had completely had enough and couldnt take it anymore and broke down and told my parents everything. I told them about sub treatment they agreed to help me pay for it after they read about it. I had like a 1000$ bucks saved up back them for selling pot (I dont sell it or smoke it anymore) and I put it all towards the sub treatment and was going off that money until it ran out and then they started paying for my prescriptions until I can work and pay them back. They told me they just dont know how much longer they can do it which I understand but it still makes me worried. They just dont understand opiate addiction and I mean I dont expect them to since they never have had experience with it. My mom likes to say "youve been on it 3 months, Ive read about people who are on it for a week and then stop" she thinks its like some magic cure that after a certain amount of days boom youre cured. I tried telling her about the 90% relapse rate if you stop but she wont listen. I will show her article after article that say how suboxone treatment should be long term and if you stop you will most likely relapse, but for every 20 articles I show her that are pro sub she will choose to research on her own and latch onto 1 article that has some idiot ranting about how suboxone is the worst medication ever invented. The most ironic thing is about 2 days before my appt yesterday my was telling me how "she completely believes in suboxone" and "cant believe how my attitude has changed" and now its like a complete 180. Hopefully she was just in a shitty mood yesterday and i can continue treatment Ive got my fingers crossed.