It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Either that or their treatment therapist is a complete flake. I went to my assessment yesterday morning and at the end she, the interviewer/therapist, told me that they could help me and she would speak with both of their two doctors and decide which could see me and that she would give me a call that night after six when her group session was over to schedule how soon I could be seen/who could see me. She tells me she is looking forward to getting to know me and even had me schedule for my first session with her next week. Well, I go home to wait. Six o'clock comes and goes. I think; "Okay, she's probably on her way home and eating dinner. She'll probably call at eight." I got no phone calls all night. I thought to myself; "Okay, no problem, she probably forgot and will call me in the morning," The next day morning comes and goes, by 1:30 I decide to call their office myself to remind them about getting back to me but no one's there. I leave a message. Nothing. I call again at 3:00 and get the receptionist and I ask to speak with my hopefully will-be therapist and I'm told she's with a client at the moment. I ask her to please ask her to call me back as soon as she can and the receptionist said no problem, she would be happy to. Fast forward four hours later at 7:00pm. I haven't heard a chirp from my phone which has been with me all day. I use a landline because I don't have a cell phone so I had to put off all my errands today to be home to answer the phone! I don't know if she's just really flaky and forgetful or if I'm being outright ignored. Tomorrow morning I am going down to their office in person and hopefully get somewhere. Even if it's to be able to make an appointment with one of the doctors for next month at least I'd be getting somewhere!

This is beyond annoying!

P.S. Let me also just add that this is a small place that just opened it's doors to new clients last year and the waiting room was completely empty when I was there which was over an hour, so, if that's common during the week it didn't look like they were too busy to return their calls.

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sounds annoying... but one part of getting better is to learn to avoid taking things personally. Think of it--- THEY have flaky workers, or THEY make promises and not deliver, or THEY don't have their business model figure out.... but there will be a tendency in most patients to think that the patient is now getting called for person reasons-- like they aren't 'important' enough, or 'special' enough.

It isn't YOU--- it's THEM. so do what you need to do, to get things running.... ask sometime if they have customer service reports, and if so, explain on the form what happened. And as much as I dislike web sites that review doctors, maybe a comment at a site serving your area would get them thinking.
Don't let resentments of insecurities control your behavior. This one is on them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

admin1 wrote:
sounds annoying... but one part of getting better is to learn to avoid taking things personally. Think of it--- THEY have flaky workers, or THEY make promises and not deliver, or THEY don't have their business model figure out.... but there will be a tendency in most patients to think that the patient is now getting called for person reasons-- like they aren't 'important' enough, or 'special' enough.

It isn't YOU--- it's THEM. so do what you need to do, to get things running.... ask sometime if they have customer service reports, and if so, explain on the form what happened. And as much as I dislike web sites that review doctors, maybe a comment at a site serving your area would get them thinking.
Don't let resentments of insecurities control your behavior. This one is on them.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. They probably have a lot of other stuff going on to keep their business up and running and I know someone will eventually get back to me. I know one of the things I need to work on is patience and not thinking the world revolves around me. I know it's a small, select office, but, I'm not their only client. Lol. Thanks for advising and listening to me vent.

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 am 

Let us know how it goes tomorrow! I hope that this is an isolated incident and you are treated well at the office!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Let us know how it goes tomorrow! I hope that this is an isolated incident and you are treated well at the office!

Amy

Thank you, Amy! I will let you know tomorrow. I hope so too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, just wanted to update ya'll. I went in to their office today and spoke with the therapist there and said their receptionist was actually meant to call me and set me up with an appointment then she apologized and had her book me a date for my first appointment with one of their doctors, making sure to emphasize that no induction will be needed since I'm already at, and have been for awhile, my optimal dosage. Plus it'll save me money since it's like 280 for the first visit if you are being inducted. Follow-up are $110 a visit. Anyway, I see the doctor second week of April.

^__^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 pm 

Good! I'm glad you were satisfied with their service! Good that they apologized too. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Good! I'm glad you were satisfied with their service! Good that they apologized too. :)

Amy

Yeah, it turned out too be my darn self-esteem issues rearing it's ugly head and the mishap wasn't anything personal against me at all. They were just having a really busy week and said it was a good thing I acted the squeaky wheel by coming down in person or they would have never realized I hadn't yet been taken care of. Everyone there is very nice, too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not to change the subject but this situation reminds me of a book that is really good to read as an addict or non-addict about LIFE. its call the FOUR AGREEMENTS by Don Miguel Ruiz.

One of the agreements is to not take things personally. I have read this book so many times while in recovery. you can even listen to the audio on youtube while you are in the car or when ever. just thought I would chime in here.

I am so glad you were able to make your appointment and see the therapist. Good Luck with everything.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

raudy1975 wrote:
Not to change the subject but this situation reminds me of a book that is really good to read as an addict or non-addict about LIFE. its call the FOUR AGREEMENTS by Don Miguel Ruiz.

One of the agreements is to not take things personally. I have read this book so many times while in recovery. you can even listen to the audio on youtube while you are in the car or when ever. just thought I would chime in here.

I am so glad you were able to make your appointment and see the therapist. Good Luck with everything.

That sounds like a good book. My therapist and I had a good laugh about what a hectic week that was for the facility. Honestly, they were in their first week of getting the office moved over or something and the receptionist had just too many eggs on her plate and forgot to call me back. We laughed over the lesson of not taking things personally and now, about six months later we have a very good relationship.