It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Literally,things seem to stink when i'm going through withdrawal. Food stinks, I feel like I stink even though I've been taking about 10 hot baths a day. It even seems like nice fresh air stinks. And if I actually smell something that stinks, I feel sick to my stomach. And i'm a plumber! I have pulled things out of drains that make everybody in the room puke and I laugh about it! It actually happened at a burger king.The whole kitchen was outside puking, Poor kids. lol I'm glad i'm not working right now or I would be throwing up with everybody else.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It happens to me everytime I've been through withdrawal. I'm a longtime lurker and new poster but I would like to share my experiences here too. Don't worry I will make sure my story has a happy ending!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yup, many of us have experienced the "everything stinks" phase while in wd. A while back, we had some resourceful members who rubbed cherry chapstick around their noses to combat the smell.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, I call it the pregnancy nose cause you can smell everything. It's a great time to sniff out any odors in the house and clean with bleach if your stomach can stand it. Going to the grocery store was tough bc there were so many smells. It only lasted a little while though.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:10 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the replies. I've done a lot of reading on here but never saw anything about that before. Today is my 10th day without anything. I jumped at a high level because of financial reasons. I was at 4mg most days and on some days I would take 8mg. I tried to jump before from 16mg and I lasted about 3 months and was still sick every day. Even though these 10 days have sucked, It hasn't been as bad as last time. The smell is getting better. Of course I can't sleep but i'm coping. Stomach sick, restless legs, low motivation. All the normal stuff. But I feel good. Because I finally figured out that i'm not going to be done with this in a few days. I've tortured my body for the last 6 years. It's going to take the rest of my life to stay off opiates. And I've hit the lowest point in my life that i'm willing to go to. I took the first step. So it's only up from here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, good luck to you Rizob!

And I'm glad you decided to join us! It's always interesting to me to see those who have "lurked" for a long time finally join. I sometimes forget that we have alot of people who read here and don't participate.

I'm looking forward to reading your happy ending!

Q