It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

hello, my name is aleyna and i have lurked on this forum for awhile and figured i'd take the plunge and start participating.

i have been an opiate addict for 12 years and have been on suboxone (currently subutex) off and on for the past three years after i quit taking methadone.

i hope to share my stories and answer questions when i can.

otherwise, a little about me. i am a 28 year old female, have dealt with polysubstance abuse issues starting from age 14 on til i found my drug of choice, opiates. i have been and still am a chronic pain patient. i have worked in the it/telecom industry, but left my job to focus on my recovery.

this has been a great resource and i hope to contribute some of my experiences and help out fellow people in recovery or people who are new to treatment as i have a few years under my belt.

cheers!

-a

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi powerballad,

I'm glad you decided to join us!!

Your opiate history (length of use) sounds pretty close to my experience. I was 10 years on pain meds, 3 years on Suboxone.

I too was a polysubstance abuser, I rarely met a drug I didn't like.

So, I gotta ask.....regarding your screen name......what's your favorite PowerBallad?? I'm gonna go with "I Remember You" by Skid Row as my #1. "Something to Believe In" by Poison would be #2 and I'll go with "Love Song" by Tesla for my #3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome. I'm sure you'll find the forum as informative and supportive as I have. I'm glad you joined and hope you stick around and keep posting. Again, welcome! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Romeo wrote:
Hi powerballad,

I'm glad you decided to join us!!

Your opiate history (length of use) sounds pretty close to my experience. I was 10 years on pain meds, 3 years on Suboxone.

I too was a polysubstance abuser, I rarely met a drug I didn't like.

So, I gotta ask.....regarding your screen name......what's your favorite PowerBallad?? I'm gonna go with "I Remember You" by Skid Row as my #1. "Something to Believe In" by Poison would be #2 and I'll go with "Love Song" by Tesla for my #3.

haha, romeo, it's sort of a tongue in cheek username... that said i do enjoy some metal of the iron maiden/slayer/motorhead variety. like i'm a polysubstance abuser i'm a polymusic lover. omg, terrible joke. actually, i started using the name powerballad after a drum and bass album, so i'm all over the place musically.

anyway, it's nice to have a resource to discuss recovery and the unique effects of suboxone. thanks for the welcome.