It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi there, I'm new :-)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello there. I've been reading the forums for awhile now but am just starting to post. A little about me. I'm in my early 30s. I'm a mom to two amazing little girls (ages 6 and 4). My love affiair with opiates started over a decade ago. Innocently enough with a Vicodin script after some dental work. I went a couple of years after that first Vicodin script without needing/wanting everyday, although i took them if i had em. Then about 2 years later I hurt my back and had an endless supply of Vicodin. I couldnt function without them at that point. My DOC was always Vicodin until about 2 years ago. Then I was introduced to oxy, fent and my favorite, dilaudid. Things as you could imagine took a rapid decline after that. I finally started suboxone in late February of this year and things have been pretty good!

As my screen name may (or may not) implie I work in the field of pharmacy. I've mainly worked in hospitals, but quit a year ago because I could no longer be around the very drugs a craved with every fiber in my body. Just imagine, vials upon vials of C2 narcs that have been "wasted" so they were easy to come up "missing". I'm not saying I did or didn't take them, but I'm saying I knew that it was a recipe for disaster had a stayed in that enviorment. I miss it. The job that is. A lot. I love what I do and sadly I know in my heart I can never work in a pharmacy again. So now I teach. Which has been an amazing oppurinuty. I get to do what I love while never stepping foot in a pharmacy.

So that's just a tiny bit about me. I really do look forward to be an active part of this community. No one I know IRL is on suboxone so it's just amazing to me to have a support system in which all of us have experience with it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI pharmgirl,,,,
WELCOME to our lil familiy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or uh, comunity........feels like a family, after a while!!!! :wink:

Im glad your staying positive about your recovery, and being able to stay doing what you love, (kind of) is great!!!!
good for you!!!

your story is somewhat similar to mine, Ive got a 3 and half yr old son though, hes more like an untamed lion most days, LOL
the ahhh, dilauded, was MY fav too, for sure. I didnt get it as much as I would have LIKED, but when the chance was there, I was all over it.

Im glad you have taken the leap, to change your life!!!

so, welcome, agian,
and check out the anouncements section for the chat meetings that have been going on, on the weekends!! IF you'd like!!!!!!

hope to 'see' ya around :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello PharmacyGirl, just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Glad you found us!