It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Verdana]New here and new to suboxone, so thought I'd start here[/font]

[font=Verdana]I'm an addict, of all colors, opiate dependent since 2009. At the worst of it, I was using 2-3 g of heroin and 4 g of coke (give or take with the white) daily, the colors flow more freely than these very addictive routine medication. Do the math if I had to replace the dirt with blues (oxycodone 30's, my original treat, as I had them to give out) in the spoon... Anyways, I've been saved from that life and on Suboxone since May 9. after 9 days in detox and on my way to Rehab. Now, after being in 3 treatment facilities I am currently on 16mgs/daily, tapering down to 8 mg in the near future. have also started to treat the various mental disorders attributing to my disease of substance use. It is helping me loads. Every day is another step in recovery. I would love to share with others who, like myself, suffer or lets say THRIVE with co-occurring disorders, and are in recovery :) And this is how I briefly say Hi :] [/font]

Post subject: Duplicate
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:20 pm 

Hi be_free93,

Your post is dated the 5th so I don't know if it was answered or not. We lost a weeks worth of messages and that may have affected your thread.

None the less, Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a good handle on your addiction for now and are probably still in Rehab where you can't have internet access. Does the rehab place endorse the use of Suboxone for treatment? I sure hope they start to change their attitudes about Sub so more lives can be saved.

Give us an update when you have the chance.

rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum. This is such a great place to get feedback and catalog your experiences with recovery. Glad that you made the decision to treat your addiction with Suboxone. It has been a life saver for me.