It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been reading up on/learning about suboxone as much as i can and came across quite a few sub users that
said after one is finished with the maintanance dose of lets say 8mg's per day
it is best to use the least amount of suboxone as possible for best results and least side effects?
Reading that 1mg-2mg's per day is ideal after being on subs for at least a year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Speaking only from personal experience...I felt the best when I was on about 4mg per day. As I have tapered down I have found that once I stabelize on a dose I almost always feel better on less than more. If you are planning on quitting suboxone eventually,it would definitely make it easier on you to stabelize on the lowest possible effective dose for you to maintain on. Tapering will be shorter and smoother working from a small dose.

And, if you can take less than prescribed it would allow you to build a little stockpile to have on hand in case your doctor doesn't want to let you taper as slowly as you would like. I certainly wish I had done that myself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

qhorsegal2 wrote:
Speaking only from personal experience...I felt the best when I was on about 4mg per day. As I have tapered down I have found that once I stabelize on a dose I almost always feel better on less than more. If you are planning on quitting suboxone eventually,it would definitely make it easier on you to stabelize on the lowest possible effective dose for you to maintain on. Tapering will be shorter and smoother working from a small dose.

And, if you can take less than prescribed it would allow you to build a little stockpile to have on hand in case your doctor doesn't want to let you taper as slowly as you would like. I certainly wish I had done that myself!

Thanks for the help, i am on 4 mg's now and do not want to go up for reasons you said.
i keep reading that 2mg and less can actually make you feel better than if i were to go up to 6mg's.
Everywhere i check it seems that once a person is stabilized taking less is just as effective and recommended for the least side effects.
I am about to get my t levels checked and eventually want to get off sub.