It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Called my doctor this morning and let them know I'm going to run out of my Zubsolv early this cycle. Not an uncommon occurrence for me, but the first time I've been 100% honest with any doctor about it happening. In the past, reactions were pretty severe. One doc refused to up my dose or do anything as he was planning on tapering me off almost as soon as I'd got on. Second doctor was the same doctor who gave me the Norco that landed me in rehab in the first place. They'd never offer anything so much as a day early. My new doctor is much more relaxed, laid back and urine tests every visit. I've never not passed a urine screen, and I've been seeing this new doctor for going on seven months without incident. So, in effect, this is my first offense. But given my experiences in the past, and the protective feelings I have for my monthly refills, my mind is playing out all of the worst case scenario options. Like, will they make me wait it out? Will they drop me as a patient? Will they offer a refill, but will it be too early for the pharmacy to do anything about it? Will they lower the dose? Take me off of it completely? I know most of these scenarios are rubbish, but not knowing what to expect, I'm a little scared. More than a little. I'm scared. All things considered, the phone call went well this morning. They had received the email I had sent over the weekend, which did a much better job than I was capable of doing this morning over the phone. They were cordial, and wanted to get me into the office right away. I wasn't able to go in today, but they squeezed me in tomorrow late morning. There was no somberness, no sense of condemnation or even disappointment over the phone, just a sense of routine. I hope that I'm right about all that. But as the heading goes, I've got those Worst Case Scenario Blues.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 pm 

Definitely let us know how it turns out!

Any doctor worth his or her salt knows that addicts sometimes have problems following their treatment regimen. It's almost to be expected. So I hope that your doctor works with you to help solve this problem instead of chastising you for not being perfect.

Amy