It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: up the sub or switch?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have been on 16 mg suboxone for 15 months and having withdrawls. i don't have that normal feeling any more unless i up the dose to around 25 to 30 mg,and then i'll feel the some what normal feeling again. i have been doing this for some time now and i'm running out of my reserve? the doc won't up my dose to 25 or 30? so i guess suboxone dusen't work for me any more? and i know fucking depression or psyic meds a'nt going to make a fucken different's ". so like b-boy did". i better run my fucking poor ass to a "methadone clinic". Be for i die" or go fucking insain!!! not many people here are going through this here so i better ram my ass in the meth clinic quick. if i bug them enough ' they will ether help me or some fucking thing. my family and people are sick of my withdrawling from suboxone. and "NO". it ain't my fucking mental illness. any one going through this shit? it sounded a lot like b-boy wen't through some of this shit? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

what ever ya do'. don't have emotional problems. and then have surgery,and get stuck on pain meds for 2 years.go on suboxone and suffer a year after being on it becouse it don't work any more unless you take a shit load of it just to feel some what normal. it dose work". but ya have to take a lot. and ya ain't going to get that. to much is not good any way! i did talk to the sud doc about this and he agree's that i may be having withdrawl's at 16 mgs to often . ya" i took about 25mg today and the withdralwing stopped again?? but it will be back soon and i'm fucking running out of my reserve' and tthen i'm fucked!! i don't know why i'm saying this to any one ? but somethings got to happen??? thanks for every one's help. ah there's nothong any one could say anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Johnboy, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad, and it's obvious to me you are feeling VERY bad, but unless you're swallowing your pills or otherwise taking them so they are not absorbing at all, it's pretty much impossible to take that much suboxone and be in withdrawals. Bboy had other problems - issues with suboxone not helping his cravings enough nor meeting his pain relief needs. But to my recollection he was not having withdrawals. A person on maintenance (not a new sub patient) won't just all of a sudden start having withdrawals without dropping their dose. Have you dropped your dose lately? And with the ceiling effect, when you take 25-30 mg, you don't get any more of any effect than you would at 8 mg or 16 mg.

I know you don't want to hear this, but something else must be going on johnboy. And I'm not saying it's in your head or it's mental illness. I'm just saying something else other than sub w/d is going on. Something that feels like or reminds you of w/d. Did you by chance stop any of your other medications? Like any antidepressants or anything like that? Some of those you have to wean off of as well; you can just stop taking them suddenly either.

I'm truly sorry you're feeling so shitty right now. And I wish I could tell you exactly what's causing it and how to fix it, but I alas I cannot.

As for methadone, Bboy was stable on subs for years. As I said, he needed better pain relief, mainly, and secondly wanted more stifling of his cravings. I'm not sure that methadone is what's right for you under the circumstances. You're taking too much suboxone now, so what happens if you have the opportunity to abuse methadone - a full agonist - and it's hello relapse!

Just think this through before making any quick decisions, okay? And please take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

maybee i'm not swallowing it rite? but i took more and it did help. but it doesn't help all of the time. i ran out of trazadone a couple of days' ago, but i was taking so little. i don't think it's cousing the feelings. but doc junig sorta agree'd with the fact that i can have problems on 16mgs subs. i think thats why suboxone is such a very high dose anway. all those kind of drugs come in 1000's of mgs, becouse they will work that way only?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oop's i mean microgram's. and why am i feeling much better when i took more sub?? my mouth is very very very watery, and the sub dosen't stick to my skin. but that wouldn't make a diff would it? thats all i can do is let it set like a bucket of water in my mouth". witch make's me wounder a little?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hat". and my B/P is has been going back up to 160/100 when i'm feeling withdrawls? and thaks for your HELP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It could be anxiety, which would also raise your BP. We addicts like immediate gratification. And addiction is made up of a system of rewards - we take a pill, we feel better. Plus we HATE withdrawals and tend freak the hell out at the first sign of them, which only makes it worse. And if it's anxiety and not withdrawals, then the freak out you just had made it worse. But since you still believe it to be withdrawals, you take extra sub. And you know in your head that the sub will end any w/d you have, right? So you start to calm yourself down, knowing you'll feel better very soon. Once you do that, the anxiety you were having starts to subside. But for you, it looks like the suboxone helped it. When in reality you saw and experienced what you expected to see and experience. The mind is a powerful thing. Did that make sense, johnboy?

PS - when I said unless you're swallowing your pills or otherwise taking them wrong, I meant that you're NOT swallowing them, right? You're taking them under the tongue, right? I know, stating the obvious.

I hope you can figure this out and find the right dose for you own, individual needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

the anxiety i was having is pain comeing back in my arms and neck,sweating, feeling very low fog depression staggering confusion and can't remember one minute after the next and not remembering when i wake up or go to sleep, tv is impossible to watch. i swallow the strip 10 minutes after. but it seems to work better if i have a dry mouth. i'm not starting lexapro un till next week after i take my sleep study test in the hospital. i just don't know if it could be sleep apnia even though the doc says it is. well any way it may be still the recovery from months ago were i was so sick that i surly thought i was going to die. and i know that it happened. i never have had any thing like that happen to me in my life. and i am still recovering from it and getting better but its taking so long that i am starting to blame it more and more on the subs. ya i'm having heart pelps all dam day long. by next week or to -back on blood and other meds witch i guess i will never be free of. i just can't believe that anxiety coused all this and my addiction. b-boy seem to talk more than just pain i thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Johnboy - expect a PM from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just a thought man, and I'm sorry you feel like crap we all know how bad that sucks. I know the "I'm gonna die feeling of a panic attack on top of w/d. I'm just wondering if you were to space out your doses through the day if that might help. I know docs don't rccomend it but like hat said your mind and body tell you that there is a reward coming when you take your sub, and again man its just an idea and I'm only trying to help. What if you take 4mgs every 3 hours so your body and mind tell you the reward is coming, maybe you could take less and feel okay?? I would just hate for you to run out of subs and have to crawl into a meth clinic if it is something mental that you can beat without running out of meds and going into w/d. Again just a thought. Good luck man.

Post subject: feeling much better!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks ltds5". ya i was feeling very poor! and thanks for posting on me. i believe too that diff- doses can make a diff :lol:
and thanks for your thought". it meant a LOT!!

Post subject: feeling much better!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks ltds5". ya i was feeling very poor! and thanks for posting on me. i believe too that diff- doses can make a diff :lol:
and thanks for your thought". it meant a LOT!! my doc believed me and up't my dose of suboxone. ya we do not want to go through axiety and w/d at the same time. i'm sure thing's wouldn't be so cruel to let us go through that? thanks for your help.