It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys, iam new here and this is my first post and a important day as I am 3 weeks of oxycontin. I have been told suboxone is a god send and a miracle drug. And after 3 weeks I can not agree more. It has saved me, my fiancé,my house and my one year old. I don't think there's much more I can say that has not already been said. But I plan to be on it for a long time it what menand my doc think for now. I plan to make new post and Replys here as I have got a ton of info from all of you that has helped me alot. Thanks to everyone here and the docs!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on three weeks off that evil junk! Welcome to the forum, I look forward to hearing more about you and how you came to the place where you needed suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome! Congrats on 3 weeks. I'm so glad to hear you are doing so very well. Keep it up.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

3 weeks great job. ill never 4 get how good it felt to know im doing it when i first started suboxone it too saved my life, family and gf.

Def keep us posted on how things are going an welcome;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thesphinx,

CONGRATULATIONS :!: :!: :D 3 weeks thats great :!: Suboxone has changed my life in so many ways also. I'm glad things are going well for you and look forward to getting to know you better :!:

Keep up the good work

Post subject: Welcome!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:52 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Welcome Bboy42287
Hello and Welcome to what I think is the best Recovery Forum on the Web.. I'm glad you found us and just Remember that you never have to feel like that Again!! I hope you continue to join us here and when you feel up to it post you story, But no hurry that is on your time frame not ours!!! Keep up the good work..... Congrats!!

God Bless
TW

Post subject: Welcome !!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:48 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Let me also welcome you to this forum, I started Suboxone 1 yr ago at 4mg, I'm now down to 1mg ( I have some bipolar issues and had to taper down real slow ) the only advice I'd give anyone is to stabilize on the smallest amount of Sub that you need, don't lose sleep over it.... It can become a big issue when you need any type of Med procedure, Thats the only downside to needing alot of sub, hard for pain pills to work when you really need them, GOOD LUCK, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

CONGRATULATIONS! I am three weeks off of Roxicets myself! Doesn't it feel AWESOME! I feel like a fog has been lifted from around me and I have actual feelings again. The more I read about Subs and the long term maintenance plans, the more it appeals to me. The chance of relapsing is so high that I simply don't want to risk it. I am going to taper, though. I would like to get down to .5mgs a day and then go off of them and see how I do. However, I think I could be perfectly content staying on a low dose, even for the rest of my life if I have to.

How many mgs per day are you taking and how often per day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm really, really happy you made that post, Libra :D

Post subject: Thank you everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I really thank all of you. Everyone that has sent a reply and also just reading about peoples storys on here is a real big inspiration to me. I would be happy to post my story of how I got to where I am now. And I will try to get to it in a few days. But really thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:59 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

junkie781 wrote:
I'm really, really happy you made that post, Libra :D

Well, thank you! I think... LOL! Image

Post subject: Libra
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey libra,I was on about 180-200 mg oxy for about 4 years. And right now iam and on 16 mg suboxone 2 per day. I break one into 2 and I find it dissolves better with one half on each side then just a whole one. I do tend to get really stressed out at work and I have only had cravings about 2 times since I got on subs. But I guess being clean for 3 weeks and only getting a craving twice is not bad at all.

Post subject: Re: Libra
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thesphinx wrote:
Hey libra,I was on about 180-200 mg oxy for about 4 years. And right now iam and on 16 mg suboxone 2 per day. I break one into 2 and I find it dissolves better with one half on each side then just a whole one. I do tend to get really stressed out at work and I have only had cravings about 2 times since I got on subs. But I guess being clean for 3 weeks and only getting a craving twice is not bad at all.

You should be fine... Have you tried taking it three times a day? I don't want to go against anything your doctor advised you, but mine told me that if I had to, I could split mine in three doses, but she preferred I stayed on two. I eventually got to the point where I could take two a day, but I have to take it at bedtime to sleep, then wait until noon the next day to take my first dose. If I don't take it at bedtime, I get cravings first thing in the morning. Anyway, I was taking anywhere from a minimum of 6 Roxicets (that would BARELY make me through the day) to 10 a day... sometimes more if I had them. So I was on about the same as you. My Sub doctor only started me out on 12mgs! But, I have been going to bed early and sleeping longer to make my days shorter so the Subs last me longer. I'm also on Xanax, so if I get cravings, I just knock myself out with those. I tend to get more anxiety than cravings, but I have issues with benzos, too.

I also realized that today makes 25 days clean from the Roxis!

Are you going to taper down, or are you just going to stay on the 16 mgs for a while and play it as it goes? That's what I'm doing. My sub doctor said she would go at my pace, so that keeps me from getting anxious about it. I would just like to get down to a level that's friggin' AFFORDABLE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:16 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Sorry to double post, but when I said "three doses" I meant three times daily as opposed to twice daily.

Gah! I'm tired and can't think anymore!

Goodnight everyone! Image

Post subject: Re: Libra
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thesphinx wrote:

My addiction was the same. i was perscribed 160 to 200 mgs of oxy a day for 4 years do to a really bad knee injury. anyways im 4 years clean on suboxone so if i could do it you can do it.

and you are doing great it sounds only 2 cravings thats great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Sphinx,

Thanks a lot for posting here and for letting us know of yet another success! Every day free from opiates is a victory and it is so wonderful to hear about how Sub has helped others. Before I found this place I never had the opportunity to talk to anyone else that was on it.

Suboxone has changed my life too and for the first time in years I feel free from the bondage of addiction. I am so grateful to feel this way, and to be able to share it with others! It doesn't solve every problem in the world, that's for sure, but for me it has freed my mind and allowed me think about something besides where I was going to get my next dose of opiates, and the guilt and shame about the things I did to make that happen. I can be a wife and a mother, and a real person again! Who can ask for any more than that?

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome sphinx!

I know that was a hard and scary decision you had to make, but you made a great decision. Those OC's are wicked, no doubt.

Congrats on 3 weeks!

Is your sub Dr. insisting you go to counselling? Mine did and it helped me identify my 'addictive thinking' then to come up with ways to counter those thoughts. At first I hated the thought of any kind of counselling and dragged my feet for months. Eventually I went and I can surely say it helped me a lot.

Post subject: Libra/romeo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys, yeah for right now iam gonna stay on 16mg per day. I gonna give that a few months then I gonna try and work my way down to 8 mg per day. I do go see a addiction counselor once every 2 weeks I was going every week but the counselor said she thinks I am doing good so she put me on two weeks for now. And I think that I have been doing great and I get alot of support from my girlfriend,my one year old and of course all of the people who have sent a reply to this posting. I go back to see my addiction counselor on Friday so we will see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear you're with a counselor, that should help. Hell, being off those oxy's is really, really going to help.

Now, I have a kind of personal question...what the hell are you, a cat or a human being? I just can't figure it out! :)
(get it...sphinx)

Post subject: Romeo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hahaha that's to funny. But I am just a 27 year old male haha. One of the things I am into is Egyptian mythology. And I would have to say I am most interested in the sphinx