It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Okay everyone, I've been on suboxone for over 3 years now, always got it from the same doctor (but different pharmacys). I'm not crazy, I've scoured the Internet for more info on this. The people I've told my theory to are like "wow this might be true". Everyone get out your suboxone film packets, turn them over, look at the back right bottom corner. If you have 8 mg strips, there will be a number on there that will be either 1-8 (like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) but the number will never be over 8! If you have a 2 mg strip, the number will be 1 or 2 but never over 2! If you have a 12 mg strip the number will always be 1-12 but never over 12. See what I'm getting at? I currently have a batch of 8mg strips all with the number 2 on the back of them and I feel like crap?! When I have anything from 5-8 I feel a lot better. See what I'm getting at? Don't believe me? Check all your strips. I've checked mine for over 3 years. I believe these numbers equate to how many mg are really in each strip. And it freaks me out. And it's seriously messed up. Ever feel like your dose isn't working anymore? Check your little number on the back. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist. I promise. Pay attention & you'll see. Someone please explain what this is! I hope I'm wrong! Because it screws me up when my numbers are lower than 5!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I find this amazing. I too have scoured the net, I've noticed big differences in strips, either feel over medicated or under, even though it's the same dose at same time e of day. I cut mine, so I was thinking the medication wasn't evenly distributed on the film.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've taken 1 8mg strip a day for the past 2 years, all from the same pharmacy, and I feel as if the medication works great everyday as it did on day 1. Not saying you're wrong, but I've seen people who join this forum, make one post to stir the pot, and then are never heard from again. If this were truly the case, then RB or whichever company produced/packaged the films, could technically be sued for false/misleading advertising. I truly don't believe this to be the case.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel like such an idiot for even looking at my films.

I use 2mg films and the numbers were random 1-9 .

Cool conspiracy theory. Evidence seems to refute it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm confused. So some strips have less drug, and the lower amount is printed on each strip? And what's the point--i.e. what dies the company gain by risking everything?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:28 pm 

Maybe the days u don't feel as well after u take ur strip is just due to the absorption ur getting. I know there's days that I am in more of a hurry than others or days I'll have to talk a couple of times while taking my medicine (I know it's a big nono but I have kids lol). I believe it all just comes down to that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good point as always jennjenn, I just thought the meds got too hot or cold in transit, depending on weather. But I do notice a difference from strip to strip. Not only how it makes me feel, but the taste. And Dr J., good point as well. Company would gain from saving on medication if not all had said mg but still charging the same, but I doubt they would announce that on the back of the package lol. But it does make one wonder what it means.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:33 pm 

Hi, I can not even begin to think that this could be true! First, why would a major pharmaceutical company take a big risk like that? Second, what about the half life of suboxone? I am more likely to think it is what Jen said. I really don't want to believe that you are one of those who just likes to create drama. Would you post a little more about yourself ie...drug of choice, how long on subs, first time? Thank you for sharing with us!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I promise I'm not just trying to create drama. I completely forgot I even posted this and continued to research my theory and while doing so, found this post I made a couple months ago! I currently have a batch of all 2's again and once again I feel like crap. no one can change my mind, RB would totally make out in this scenario by charging the same price for lower mg. They think we are too dumb to notice and they have to put the number on the back so they can easily identify. Also makes me think that's why some docs are ordered by RB and DEA to do strip counts. Like RB wants to see who got what and if they complained to their doc or if they didn't notice they were being shorted meds. RB did tons of placebo studies and they probably feel like we won't notice and they can get away with it!! Well I'm finally gonna speak up and tell my doctor my theory whether he thinks I'm nuts or not! Maybe he will have an explanation.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:36 am 

I have no idea about ur theory, I won't say yes or not cause heck I don't know anything about it.

My whole batch for the last 2 weeks have an 8 on the bk. I feel no different though. Do u know that every since u posted months ago about this, I check that number on the bk of the package just for the heck of it. So I notice the number, and I notice the feeling better or feeling worse thing and so far, I always feel pretty much the same no matter what number.

So I feel like I'm going through this experience with u lol but ur convinced it's true and I'm not convinced at all cause I always feel the same. But it's definitely something to notice :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also makes me think that's why some docs are ordered by RB and DEA to do strip counts.

Please explain, I've never heard of that. Counts are part of the patient care guidelines, we are not 'ordered' to do them. The guidelines come from SAMHSA ( http://www.samhsa.gov) not DEA or RB.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well just my two cents from a nobody, I took suboxone for 5 years and got it at multiple pharmacies all over the city, never looked at the back and I don't have them anymore to look but I never once noticed a difference between the strips onless I had one I just left out in the open for a really long time. I always took between .25 and 1.5mg pieces at once multiple times a day. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you are confused about the 8 mg versus 2 mg films just compare them. I am on 2 mg but have been on 8 mg in past and have many left. The 2 mg are pretty much see-thru; the 8 mg are not. Save one of the 2 mg and compare it when you get your 8. P.S.- I have never, ever taken a full strip. always cut off a small piece at end and save in ziplock bag. When you lose your doctor or miss appt because you are sick or your doctor goes on vacation, you will have enough to tide you thru. I always have. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If OP believes dosage is falsified, take to a lab. Look up how to . Its easy.

Agree w the rest of posters. Loved Tee jays and the rest. Yes, I understand there are 'subtle' differences.

To Stilsweet1234 ????

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I can actually take them to a lab to have them tested? How would I go about that? Do people really do that? That would help me a lot to finally either prove or disprove my theory. I'm sick of being sick and I hope it is a mind over matter scenario but I have a feeling that I'm right. I've thought a lot about this for 3 years now..

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 am 

Hello all, I am someone who has taken from 24mgs to 4mgs per day and started with 8mg strips then went to 4mg strips and I am now on 2mg strips. My feelings have been consistent with each drop and change in strip. So, for me, I would have no reason to feel that there was any difference. I like the idea of taking them to a lab for testing if you have concerns. Happy Memorial Day!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I don't know about this theory, but recently I've been holding a light behind my subs and have noticed what looks like a bacteria growth on the film - which I assume is the medication. Sometimes it looks like there is more medication on one strip than another. I've had some strips that looked as if they hardly have anything on them at all... But I have not really noticed a difference. Would anyone else like to comment on this? Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

anonymous, If you do not feel that you are getting the correct dose maybe you can switch to generic tablets. Generics must by law contain at least 80 % of the drug you are paying for in every dose. It is my understanding that strips are suppose to have the amount stated in each strip, but might not be evenly dissolved within the strip. If you are dividing the strip this might cause problems. With the long half life of buprenorphine it unlikely that you could tell if your dose is different from day to day unless you are on a very low dose, less that 1 mg. I would guess that the numbers on the strips are an internal marking from R.B. so they can keep track of different batch, days, months or whatever for quality control or inventory purposes.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bump to Teejay and i support my daughter when she questions the relentless push of vaccinations and the lack of fair conversation adressing the concerns of parents whose children who have been affected.
Its always about the money.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next