It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I believe it. Most of these ppl believe in the power of bupe like the bible though so this is controversial. Subs have been garbage now for six months. The company is pretty shady. It explains the differences I feel from day to day and is a plausible theory in my case. Ever since they put buccal instructions on the wrappers my subs look, taste, and feel different a week or two after bringing them home from the pharmacy. Explain that to me everybody who thinks subs are perfect and the company can do no wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Suboxone is like a box of chocolates.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sleeves15 wrote:
Ever since they put buccal instructions on the wrappers my subs look, taste, and feel different a week or two after bringing them home from the pharmacy.

So was it the very same day that the manufacturer actually started printing those wrappers ...your batch of Suboxone that you had at that time suddenly went stale? Or, was it when you read the wrapper and found that it contained buccal instructions ...and that's when it happened?

Did you speak it into existence simply by reading the buccal instructions?

<----------------

The above is a mockery of your post...in the same manner that you've been seemingly mocking people here.
Doesn't feel to hawt, does it...

I've seen folks who posted here that likely had genuine issues, but never to the extent that you're claiming. And I've been on this site since before the films came into public eye...I won't say I've seen every post since that time, but pretty damn close if the thread was popular and had many people posting in it...so I would've definitely recalled if someone had the med work great for years, then suddenly it just quits one day. Scientifically that's not plausible or possible.
You don't suddenly become immune to opiates. You don't suddenly not feel dopamine anymore in your brain. You do build a tolerance. And Suboxone doesn't instantly stop working just because they print something on the packaging.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Subs have been garbage now for six months"

The original post was from February 2016. Your subs became garbage 6 months ago, which is like Januaryish 2017. I'm not seeing how the two are related. The timelines for the conspiracies just don't add up.

If the subs are garbage maybe its time to taper off . . . just sayin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am 

So, I went to my stock and pulled a 2015,16,17,and 18. Guess what I found? Nothing but usable Buperenorphine films.

That fact is this substance is so potent it will 10 20 years from expiration date. Good Lord the things some worry about....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow Razor, you have 2018s? Is that like the newest model? lol
This thread is a little wacky, sorry for keeping it going, but we all may be interested in the quality of the new '18s. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm 

A scripts exparation date should be a year from the time you pick up the monthly script. See?..That is how it is here anyway.
I have seen some discolor with not only older ones but with newer films as well. However, they ALL work just fine.

And yes, this thread is alittle wacky. To understand just what Buprenorphine is and how it works can take way dought and fears. As I like to say often: TALKZONE!. its all over there..

Razor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tragicom and jonathon, much and many thanks for ingiting my brain cells. I responded on sleeves other posts. Thx for all you comment on this site!

Razor, yes, Talkzone has it all and we need reminders all the time so thank you for that! Your posts are valuable! i want to shorten mine to what you say so well in much few words! I look forward to reading yours.
Thanks all for all you do for many, P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

razor55 wrote:
So, I went to my stock and pulled a 2015,16,17,and 18. Guess what I found? Nothing but usable Buperenorphine films.

That fact is this substance is so potent it will 10 20 years from expiration date. Good Lord the things some worry about....

The films would likely work fine but it is unknown what harm they might be doing to you behind the scenes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:21 am 

What in the hell does that mean TJ? Yes it isnt recommened to take past due medication s..but??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am 

I'm with u razor 100%.

I just checked the bk of my strip pack and the expiration date is 08/2018, and I have never in almost 6 years checked my strips expiration lol. I never think to do that. I remember a post awhile bk someone was wondering if a number on the bk of a strip package meant the strength of it or something......something the company was kinda doing incognito. I'd never ever noticed that number because I don't examine my package like that. I just cut it open and take my medicine, focusing too much on stuff like that seems obsessive imo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was trying to be funny about the 2018s. Just being sarcastic regarding the Sub production at various times according to some posters. I guess maybe it didn't come across as funny? Anyway, just wanted to clarify. You all know way more about strips than me. I understand what you are saying about expiration dates.

I don't think most meds really go bad for many years past the expiration dates. Even if they do they aren't harming people usually, just may not be as potent. I've taken meds from 10 years ago that have worked just fine. I guess I shouldn't recommend doing that, but I definitely wouldn't worry about 2 years ago.

Best!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks all for igniting some more of my brain cells!

"The Myth of Drug Expiration and Massive Waste of Good, Useful Meds that have to be tossed due to expiry dates". See NPR link below.

Since 1979, the FDA has required pharmaceutical companies to provide rigorous proof that their med is stable over the course of time while they are submitting their New Drug Application or Abbreviated Drug Application.

That's it. That's the only time period that the med has to be stability tested. And it needs to be tested close to and including at the new full scale manufacturing production facilities. When the med comes to market, its expiry date must already be determined. That's why most meds only have a 1 - 2 yr expiry date. No company will hold off a new drug launch for another 2-5 yrs just to determine how long that med is stable. So, a medications shelf life or expiry date is the application time frame in which it has been proven safe and effective despite exposure to various environmental forces. The expiration date simply guarantees a certain length of stability. The FDA has NO requirement for long term stability testing.

While bup wasn't specifically tested in the studies below or in studies linked w in the articles, read for yourselves and I think you'll see common sense says safely stored bup products are good long after the expiry date.

Its a dang shame we have to toss out so many meds...

July 2017 The MYTH of Drug Expiration. NPR
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot ... act?live=1

Nov 2015 Extending Shelf Life Makes Sense. Mayo Clinic Proceedings
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... Sense.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:36 pm 

Tragicom I wasn't referring to u in my post, goodness no :) Sorry u thought I meant that towards u in any way!! I was actually referring to those that analyze every detail and so focused on packaging and how they feel.... not u at all, ur great!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's all good Jenn,and everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Do you have any more information on this issue? I have been on Suboxone for over 3 years and since reading this I have been monitoring my scripts. I have found issues but have discarded it as a dosage absorption issue. I would like a explanation about this question on the packaging and content.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for explaining that to me Pelican. I had always wondered how they know when medicines are going to go bad, and apparently well, they don't. Well they do eventually, but who really knows, right? Yes that is a shame that so much medicine is wasted. I myself had rather take a holistic approach, but there are just some things that is impossible to do that way. example treating opiate addiction via Suboxone We are so lucky to have Pelican, who is smart enough to explain things in a simple way so that weak minded peeps like me can comprehend :lol: THANKS Peli!!!!!! your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:11 pm 

rclark, I don't mean to be rude, but there are posters, like sleeve15, who, being rebuffed, would create a new profile just to falsely generate more buzz about a topic.

The answer is that you should go ahead and use the search function at the top if you want to know more about this subject. As for new information, we have none and this has been talked to death. I think, as a forum, we are going to move on.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:34 am 

Amy when it comes to this type of thing, I truly think we have the same red flags lol. Now my mental red flags probably look different in my mind than yours... like colors or pictures on the flags ;) but the flags fly at the same time I think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:21 am 

Amen to that..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2