It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: The Power of SOURCE
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would like to talk more about tools besides suboxone that helps myself and other addicts. I talked about "either it has you or you have it" last night and got a lot of great responses. Tonight I want to talk about something that help me tremendously as well and that is the power of "SOURCE" or "SOURCING something".

So the power of SOURCE is all about the way that we as human beings think. A lot of times I put a lot of thought into things which in a way causes them to come true. Lets use for an example: I have been a little insecure in one of my past relationships and I did not trust my girlfriend and I thought that she was going to leave me and I always thought like this and I even expressed this to her. My fear was so deep that I started to not trust her and smother her and she realized how insecure I really was. Well since I feared this so much and I did not trust her she became very unatracted to me and felt like she couldnt do anything without me questioning her and became very smothered and guess what she left me. So because I thought about this fear of her leaving me so much I actually caused it to happen. This can be applied to any situation lets say that your biggest fear is relapsing and its all you can think about all of the time well that pressence of drugs in your mind may cause you to think about drugs more often then you should and cause so much stress that eventually you may relapse. So we have a lot of power over our thoughts and what really happens in out lives. I look at it like I should only think about possitive things because I am a strong believer in "my thoughts effect the way I talk and the way I talk becomes the way I act" or "my thoughts become my words and my words become my actions. '

SO the power of source can also be used in the opposite way which is awesome. If we can channel our thoughts into a positive direction then our thoughts are more likely to cause that to come true. Lets say for example: I have a job interview and I prepare myself and go into the interview thinking "i got this no matter what and I am the best person for this job, I am absolutley going to dominate" rather than thinking "I am never going to get this job because there is probably someone else out there that can do better" the first way of thinking, the possitive way will actually give me better chances of getting the job. So the way we think has incredible power over the way things actually turn out. More than we can even imagine. And we can source anything that we put our minds to.

With addiction we must know and think that we are powerless over our addiction and anyone that has been an addict knows that this is true so we must think this way. But I dont think that we should have this approach to the rest of our lives because we do have a lot of power and our minds are incredibly powerful and this power can either be an icredible tool to help us or it can work against us depending on how we use it.

"I cannot change what happened. No one can. It happened and its over.
I can change what I decided about it and because of it."

I hope that people see this and find it helpful and I also hope that anyone else out there that has anything that helps them will share.
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

True. The more I think about sub, the more it bothers me that I'm no longer taking them. Time to change my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That which you focus on grows.....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I like!!!!!!

Abraham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This reminds me quite a bit of "The Law of Attraction" I would recommend that anyone who suffers from addiction read this book. It's quite short. You should be able to read the entire thing in one night. I'm not sure if I subscribe 100% to a lot of this kind of stuff, but some of it definitely gives me reason to pause and think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOVE the new avatar, junkie!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.