It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Tahoma] [/font] :)
Good Afternoon, Before I continue, I have to say Thank you to everyone from the bottom of my heart. I haven't felt this feeling in such a long time. A feeling of exceptance and understand. I haven't felt like i've related to anyone in many, many years. I've actually felt very alone for quite some time now. This is the first time in 5 years that I've felt comfortable and like I have truely found a home. I'm a 39 year old single mother, of a 22 and 16 year old. I was introduced to a "feel good pill" that's what she called it and absolutely fell in love. I slowly, slowly became a full blown addict. I tried to quit many times, and the addict in me, told me that i could do just that. 'girl, don't worry, you can quit whenever your ready, and that's exactly what I spent years believing, until i hit rock bottom. I lost everything, well mostly everything. There were a few things that I manage to save, like my job, my boyfriend, my relationship with my family and kids and most importantly My Life....

I have read a bunch of websites that really scared me and when i came across this one, i felt very comfortable. I was addicted to percoset 10"s for many years, i became very tired and my soul was very heavy with addiction. I couldn't even look in the mirrow at myself. I have to say that Suboxone, saved my life and i havne't been this happy and at peace with myself in many years. I'm on 16 mg a day. I've found that it makes me very, very tired and sleepy at times during the day and wanted to know if anyone else experiances this?

I have alot to say, because i've been through so much in the last year, but for right now, i will stop and write more about me and my life and my situation tomorrow.

I am so happy that I have found friends here, I can't express how happy i am...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tamluv and welcome to the forum! I'm so happy to hear the forum has helped you out. Regarding feeling tired, you might simply be on too high a dose for your specific needs. I would consider a dose reduction - of course that's between you and your doctor, but sleepiness is often a result of a dose that's too high. I hope you can work it out soon and feel better. Hang in there and again, WELCOME! I hope to see you posting again.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Thanks Hatmaker
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Hatmaker, thank you so much for the response. After reading so many post, I figured the dose might be to high. Of Course i'm not going to change my doses until I see may doctor again, which is tuesday. Yes, this forum as really helped me alot. I'm 22 days sober and it feels great. I know that it's only been 22 days to some, but it's a life time to me. I know that I new to this disease, but I have accepted that I am sick, and I do have a disease, called addiction. I am also, excited that there are many people that are just like me and that i have people to communcate with that have gone thru and exprienced the same things as I have...

You guys are truly life savers...Friends for Life...