It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First step, disregard everything you have ever been told. Forget the waiting/suffering first. Forget the dose you've been told, etc. etc.

I have done this method more times than I can count, let me get to the point.

Dose 1 : wait 12-14 hrs after last opiate dose. Take an initial dose of 0.25mg, This is easy to determine with strips. It is a tiny strip about an 1/8 of an inch. Now wait at least 2 hours. After 2 hours if you feel about the same, take another dose of the same size. Then wait, wait 4-6 hrs.(This is usually my last one of the day, and if I take my, I begin to feel worse)

Everything varies from this point on. Before I mention them, first let me say NEVER exceed 1mg on day one, and NEVER take more if any given dose actually makes you feel slightly good.

One variation is absorbtion rates vary by person. some people may need 0.5mg, But you will have to experiment with that on your own, since the 0.25 works for me. Time is your friend, The proces of inducing these tiny doses While the opiate is still hanging around allows the slow transition of the receptors taking a different substance. Dose is low enough to not push it out, and spread out enough so the time it takes doesn't shock the brain.

For maintainace i take 1-2mg /day in 0.25 - 0.50mg doses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please allow me to play a bit of devils advocate about your plan. I'm not trying to argue or put down your plan, just want to present another side to things if I may. I'm very happy you seem to have found a way to get the job done. If it works well for you then thats great. But I can tell you it's not for everyone.

I guess I'm confused by your statement where you say "I have done this method more times than I can count". If it's works as good as you say, then why the need to do it more than once? Just asking.

I can also tell you it usually won't work waiting just 12-14 hours when going from methadone to suboxone, even if you taper your methadone dose very low. I know, I've attempted it several times. With methadone and it's very long half life, a person usually must wait anywhere from 24-96 hours, and sometimes longer before making the switch. Precipated withdrawals will be in your face real quick. Been there, done that and not fun by any stretch of the imagination I assure you.

And you say "NEVER exceed 1 mg on day one". Well it takes more than that for SOME people. Again, if you get by that way it's great, but others absolutely require a larger dose on that first day to push those symptoms away. I sure did.

Even if you aren't switching from methadone, and you are just stopping a lower dose of vicodin for example, it can take longer than 12-14 hours before safely inducting. It can vary with each person. Don't know if you've heard of the cows method of inducting? It's a fairly safe procedure that many knowledgeable sub doctors use to determine readiness to induct.

I fully understand what you're saying, but everyone is different, and what works for you may not work for others. Just wanted to point that out and hope you understand I'm not attempting to sound like any kind of expert, because I'm not. Not a doctor either. I just know my way may not work with you, and vice versa. Take care.

-BP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I should have mentioned what I transition from. It is dope. Never done it off methadone so I don't know how it would work. The 1mg is specifically in reference to using the 12-14hr transition, since I have found that taking up to/over that amount will bring on precip withdrawl. Basically in my experience i have been able to gradually introduce sub to a point where both drugs stay in the system, or the transition is so gradual that the brain is never shocked. I've done it many times becuase I often switch between the two drugs. A week or two of one or the other.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You act as if your about to blow every ones minds "first of all forget everything every doctor or anyone has ever told you" and then your "method" boils down to nothing more than to start very small wait to see how it affects you and adjust your dose accordingly. Sorry to burst your bubble but just about every addict on sub does it this way (unless they are ignorant).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I want to make sure I understand what you're saying correctly.. are you giving instructions on how to use bupe with dope still in your system, without actually precipitating withdrawal and as a way to avoid withdrawal until one can obtain more opiates? I'm only asking because you say that you use buprenorphine intermittently with opiates of abuse. This is not the way Suboxone is meant to be used. it is a medication used to treat the symptoms of opiateaddiction, like WD and cravings in people who are trying to recover from the disease of addiction, not continue to use and only take subs to avoid WD. that is likely why no one has heard of this method from their doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This method disregards the "wait till withdraw", then go ahead and pop a full 8mg dose. This method would work for someone switching to sub and staying on them, or using them as a crutch for a few days/weeks. That is not the important thing tho.

The first time my Dr. instructed me to wait for w/d then take a pill, wait 12 hrs and take another full pill. Everytime without fail this made me feel like shit. I would tell him the results and he would say take more, more more........it's all bs.

Less is better, and in fact, if you take such a small dose you can induce bube in your system while opiates are still there without pushing them out. I've done it in the same day. I've done bags in the morning and my induction sub dose at night, wait till next day, continue with .25mg doses (not exceeding 1mg untill at least day 3. By day 3 there should be nothing but bupe in the receptors, and in effect, the brain has been tricked into never realizing a switch has been made.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There's definitely some trickery going on, but I think it's more in the reason you're using Suboxone rather than in tricking the brain that you've swapped dope for Suboxone.

You do realize this is a recovery forum, and that most people here are not searching for ways to continue getting high, or ways they can stop jonesin until the next time their dealer gets a shipment??
People usually come here looking for answers, but not these type answers..we don't encourage using drugs and taking Suboxone only when your dope supply runs low.

It's no wonder every doctor that treats with Suboxone tells patients that the DEA is cracking down and creating rules that sound absurd...if people are doing this stuff you've exampled herein, then we'll surely see Suboxone reclassified so that it's harder to get. This type of abuse of something that practically saved my life really gets to me....after all I've had to deal with from doctors, and some of them really have some shitty attitudes....maybe this is the reason some of them have shitty attitudes.

I hope you find a true recovery from drugs...and not just play around with being clean as you seem to be doing now.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm new to suboxone. I spent over 2 years as a MMT patient. But I felt like I couldnt get any further I. My treatment plan (which was off the meds in 2 years tops) so I took a set back, researched moving from methadone to suboxone. The Dr began by prescribibg me a 10 day supply to allow just the Buprenorphine to get in my system & the methadone out of my system. Now i'm onnSubtex So far here's what I'm