It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For me, what it all came down to is "fear", fear of the unknown and just fear of breaking my comfort zone. Once again- for me, being completely mentally prepared for the battle is my greatest asset. I admit I have tried to quit in the past but wasnt ready for the mental part.

For me Im just accepting the detox like the flu. I know Im going to be sick as hell, but as long as I just stay strong and let the healing begin it going to happen. Im now on my 8th day and doing real good, I have little tingling in my hands and elbows, but my back is killing me right now. But it dont matter, next week is going to be tons better...

Get your mind right first, decide if you really and truely want to quit this nasty cycle of being tethered to this drug. Set a goal of when you want to be completly done with it and make that date happen. Depending on how strong of person you are you might seek out some professional help with the detox. I have tried a few times to quit on my own but always gave in, I always thought I could do it on my own. But just having the right meds and a solid plan to go along with my detox has been a world difference.

Tomorrow could be a whole new chapter in your life, maybe a richer more fulfilled life with things you never could imagine could be in your life just by having some flu like systoms for a week or two.....

Good luck! Im not a reglious person at all but I will tell you my thoughts will be hoping a successful journey for you to overcome this part of your life...

Post subject: opps!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sorry this was supposed to be in responce to someones thread....... my batteries on my wireless keyboard are going out