It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post on this website because I have enjoyed reading some of what you guys have shared. I feel some are very informative. It's nice reading what you guys have experienced with Suboxone. Experience is something Dr.'s can rarely relate to pertaining to the side effects of this drug.

I was in an automobile accident years ago. Started with pain pills and I'm assuming you know the rest. I was put on Suboxone 6 years ago and for the last 2 years I have tried to stop. Mostly on my own besides this last attempt. I went to a rehab facility out of state. It is rare rehabs know how to treat Suboxone withdrawals. I was there for 2 months. And I felt incredible coming out. Brand new person, really.

When I got home from rehab I directly went into the AA and NA rooms. First time for me. Meetings and the people you meet there is the only sense of relief from my cravings and disease itself. I have a sponsor and I now pray regularly which is differant for me. I am so proud for just have recieved my 60 key chain and coin from both NA and AA. If you have not tried the meetings.... I suggest it. What do you have to loose?

Post subject: ? About the steps?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm curious if anyone has any feedback or personal experiences w/ getting off suboxone that they'd like to share. Believe me when I say I've tried just about everything to get off suboxone. Taper, CT, comfort meds, load up theory, vacations, working out, sabotaged my relationship with my Dr.'s, you name it. I have found REAL friends so far in the AA/NA rooms. I can call someone and they would be right by my side at 3am if needed. They genuinely care because, afterall, they have been where you are. I never thought I would meet any friends in these rooms because I am a loner and pretty damn anti-social. I have been coming out of my shell so to speak and I have discovered a pretty good human being.

My question is.... How long has it taken you to complete the 12 steps? I know it varies but I am trying to get a general idea. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck in finding a softer way off. If you find it, let me know!

As far as a timeline for working steps.... There isn't one. Nobody works them the same. The step working guide is too much like a test and not enough action. You need to try to apply the principles from the steps to get anything from them. But. Some don't even start step one until years clean. Some earlier. But. Nobody can tell you what's a good time for you. My advice is not to blow through them just to feel a part of or something like that. You'll learn nothing and just have to redo them anyways. Take your time and learn how to apply them in your life.

Recovery is an active change in your attitudes and ideas.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As for the best way to get off Sub...

Flush em down the toilet... then there's no looking back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you TeeJay? been looking out for your progress post...Please let us know. Hope you are doing good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

As far as a time frame It is a life long process. I wish I had a rubber stamper that i could turn the little rubber pads, here is a stamp for you, and you, and me, and you.....NEXT...here you go, and for you... I would turn it to read 5-24-2013..

Snake

Post subject: Time Frame
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:59 pm 

So far you've received very good replies that are consistent with my thinking. If you want a basic timeline I can only tell you what mine was. When I finally got sober from alcohol and was willing to go to any length to achieve sobriety, I finally worked the steps. From step one to step twelve it was about 9 months. I had so much hurt inside that it needed to be flushed out and that's where step 4 & 5 came in. The harder one is making amends and that will take a lifetime, but I did what I could at the time.

Like God from the snake said, it is a life long practice. But it was very cathartic getting through them roughly the first time.

I can't tell you about getting off the Sub because I'm still on it. Stick around and read some previous threads and you'll get some idea of what it entails.