It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Century Gothic] [/font] [b]Hi everyone. I am sure that there are people here that feel like they are falling through every single crack in the recovery process. I, for one, have had it with that (certain) Doctor who feels the need to deplete you of every single cent you have.
The makers of Suboxone are life savers. tey offer the Here to Help program which pays for your entire prescription for one year. It just has to be the film, be of an average dose, your Doctor has to sign a form and thats pretty much it. You obviously have to meet the finacial requirements and have no insurance, but it is a life saver. Now, back to the Greed part. what make me sick is that there are people SUFFERING out there who want to get better. This medicine, when taken the right way, has the ability to almost wipe out opiate addiction. But that will never happen. Question: If a person who seeks Suboxone treatment calls up a certified doctor and asks how much an appointment w/o insurance costs, its usually 70-80 bucks. The SECOND you mention Suboxone, 200-400 bucks. Why? Because they can. Simple as that. Now, any person who wants to seek treatment for opiate addiction is most likely going to have other symptoms than just the normal withdrawals. I can't even begin to tell you how many problems I have had to deal with because i have insomnia, panic disorder and ADD. This is why I started taking opiates in the first place, because I thought I was "cured" of all those issues.
The thng that people need to understand is that Suboxone, although expensive w/o insurance, is not even close to what at least I use to pay for illegal drugs. and i was taking 15-20 Fentanyl Pops a DAY. My tolerance was so high, I started out taking 4 8mg tablets a day. But, in 7 months, I was off sub for good. i only went back on it recently to protect myself because I was having cravings.
Another thing that I discovered is that , for me, Ambien drastically reduces the amount of Suboxone I need to take daily. Ambien does NOT make me sleepy. It reduces my anxiety. But 10 mgs of Ambien lets me take 2mgs of Suboxone a day not 16mgs! My point is, everyones different, you should not be charged more because a doctor says so and please, please , please, never think lower of yourself. Take vitamins, stay hydrated, eat well, and you'll see that you can overcome any addiction. pece , god bless and never give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum, subexpert. Thanks for sharing with us. It sounds like you might be part of the Patient Assistance Program, which is different from the Here to Help program. Here to Help is a phone service with "counselors", etc. But the Patient Assistance Program is the one that pays for a year's worth of meds for people without insurance who qualify. I'm glad that program was able to help you!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, as my doctor accepts my insurance for my sub visits. I found him through the NAABT doctor locator and he's now my PCP. But I'm fully aware that most doctors take only cash for the apparent reason that they CAN. And that truly does SUCK. If only there was something we could do to try to change that....

Again, welcome! Hope you stick around and keep posting. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hatmaker, if you could, tell me more about the patient assistance program? I used to have insurance which did cover my doctor visits and my medication, but I lost my insurance and I've been working less cuz my brothers and I all take turns helpin my grandmother. Is it on the suboxone website? Thank you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi CFD,

The Patient Assistance Program (PAP) is through the suboxone manufacturer (Reckitt-Benckiser) and is for qualifying, uninsured individuals. It covers the cost of the medication for one year (in full). You would still have to pay for your doctor's appointments. Doctors are only allowed up to 3 patients on the PAP. Ask your doctor is s/he has any slots open and they can help you with the paperwork to apply.

I posted the following thread here a while back with some info on the PAP. I hope it helps you.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2283

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know your anger man! I use to get 120 80mg OXYs and 45 600mcg of fentora for the total coast of a whopping 25 bucks with my insurance. First script of Subs for 13 8mg tablets 475 dollars, so basically I can get very strong opiates become addicted to them but than I want to get off them and I have to be rich to do so? I was actually talking to one of my drug counselors the other day about this one out of every 5 sub patients at there program relapses a month because of the coast of Suboxone. I literally had to go to courst with my Dr VS. my health insurance to get it covered.