It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: The living nightmare
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My story is all to common I was a iron worker for 5 years.
And was scaling a beam when I slipped and rack my back on a corner of a I beam ruptured two disc instantly.
Got lucky really but was instantly put on Percs 10 120 a month right off the bat unlike some people I was instantly mentally hooked then can the physical part.
This led on for 12 years it got insane I pushed it to the limit it really is a miracle that I'm hear today.finally got suboxone due to fear of dying but recently got kicked out due to a random strip count they started because idiots were selling there subs right outside the clinic I work out of town a lot and got called when I was in Reno they expected me to get there imediately which I couldn't so they dropped me likes it hot suddenly from. 16mgs daily I'm on day 15 it's bad obviously you all know I have know connects at all since my hookups were doctors.ive come to the exceptence that this is it but I'm pulling through with not too much trouble I know it's a life long deal but I think that once you totally except that there is nothing more you can finnaly move forward also as hard as It is keep active as he'll I work really hard and it does help a lot you haft to force it to a certain extent it's hardest when I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing.ps fuck opiates

Post subject: Re: The living nightmare
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That really is a nightmare! I'm so sorry! How are you feeling now? It's completely unfair the way your doctor left you out in the cold. Carefully planned for, and medically supervised tapers and jumps are difficult enough Without the complication of being forced into detoxing from such a large dose!
It's not as if you had some flimsy excuse as to why you couldn't get to the office for the med count. .. you were out of town working! It's absolutely not fair that you were immediately dismissed just for missing one count. Unfortunately, there are some doctors who dismiss patients for any reason at all, without considering individual circumstances. Addiction being the complicated, chronic relapsing disease that it is, I think that individual situations or even relapses warrant second or even third chances.
16mgs is a huge dose of buprenorphine to jump from man, and being that this was unplanned, just makes it even more of a risk to your recovery. I know by now you're a couple weeks into your unplanned jump, but is there any way you could find another prescriber, at least legally prescribe and to assist you with a taper?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:35 am 
New Poster
New Poster

It's day 18 I don't feel that bad at all just in the mornings and trouble sleeping but that's it I do get cravings but you haft to keep ocupied they pass.unfortuntly there is only one place that does suboxone treatment hear and I don't know anyone on the streets besides that people want crazy prices for things .my mental status is goo though so far I have a great supporting family they realize what happened to could happen to anyone.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:59 am 

I'm sorry you're struggling. It seems crazy that they couldn't let you prove that you were in another city and couldn't make it to your sub doctor. Way harsh! Hang in there! I hope another sub doctor opens up.

Amy