All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Pelican wrote:
Dude!!

You are amazing!!

I painfully know that reptilian brain! And wish my using thoughts had not ended there and instead went up to my thinking cortex, assuming that would have helped...

Super that you know your priorities and left us to study. Good!!

YOU are doing important and remarkable work -- helping yourself and others far longer than you will ever know by doing and posting. I cannot say I could/would have the same strength and courage and done the same. I remain in awe and hold much gratitude to you for all you are doing. I am also grateful Tee Jay creating this post because it served as an anchor for which YOU responded. Well done. Thanks to you both - really, Best, P

You're kind,thank you,P, for those words.
The past few days have been filled with mind-numbing cravings.
Can't find enough focus to even leave a reply. Although,I guess,this is some kind of reply.
Mainly wanted to say thank you.

Take care,
out there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:09 am 

Hey Mr. Wolf! I'm sorry you're beset by cravings today. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

To everyone who showed interest in the study I was participating in. Thank you,thank you SO MUCH.
My last message was about cravings. They were real,bit hard,and I couldn't make them stop.

I never abused,ohhhh I wanted to! No, instead,I followed the rules given to me in a research study booklet. Set forth to me by the Copernicus Group.

In the book it was advised to contact the study Dr. immediately if feelings of cravings or
withdrawal set in. As much as I hated to bother my Dr, I called him. To let him know how I was
feeling;both mentally and physically. Later that night he sent a prescription of 10 suboxone strips to a Walgreens across town,that was open 24 hours. This was Saturday night. He also told me to come into the office as early as I could on Monday.

So there I was, 7:15AM, Monday,today. ECG,blood,urine sample,battery of questions to answer. Is what I had waiting for me.

I was given a $45.00 check, and prescription for zubsolv, and informed I was no longer taking part in the test.

This is embarrassing ,but,I started crying. I felt I was being punished. A nurse tried to assure me that everything's okay, and the data collected from me will help many people.

Sure,my whole 2-weeks worth of data.

I think what upset me most, was that my Dr. didn't even come to check on me, and on the phone,a prior few evenings ago - he said my symptoms were psychosomatic. That hurt..

I'm sorry everyone,
I tried.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Steffy,

Wow, I do not even know where to start – bc I’m so PO’ed at your docs comment/attitude. PO’ed!! There is NO way he could know what your symptoms or experiences are from, bc its waayyyy too early to make statements. At this point, its totally unknown what will happen to folks on it and their body’s response to the depot. That’s the point of a study, to gather, analyze data and then come to conclusions, did it meet study endpoints? Effectiveness? lessons learned?

Typically a trial will assess the number of participants with adverse events as a measure of safety and tolerability and also include quality of life measures. Then make comments. OMG!! So PO’ed. Plus, you are in a very vulnerable position and then to feel hurt/criticized. OMG! PO'ed here!!

Dude, this is why I think you are awesome, bc you stepped up to help, you took a risk – this takes strength and courage. I remain impressed and grateful to you for all your immense efforts. Make no mistake, your efforts are/were immense, remarkable and important!!! Please let us know how you are doing in the coming days...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Step,

The way i look at it is "YOU GAVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT" So, try not to take it personal. I would think of it as a "good thing". Especially since you were experiencing cravings on the depot. If you were to carry on, you may have gone and used.

Just saying, I would think of it as 'It was meant to be" take the zubsolv and learn from the experience.

I think that the physical aspect of dosing, is a real thing and a real craving. It is something that the depot can not provide.

I believe whether your cravings were mental or physical they are valid.

Thank you so much for keeps us all up to speed on your test.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 am 

The last two posters are absolutely correct! You are not to blame for the fact that you were honest and had cravings! You did us all a service by participating. The doctor is obviously a dick!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sad, (not you Steff, the situation)
Your experience with the depot form is similar for the implant. It is (was) most effective for those who are stabilized on 8 mg a day or less. I hope to attend a training regarding the implant in the near future.
That is the difficulty with study protocols, if you don't fit they won't continue you in the study. Real world could use comfort meds, extra doses etc. They have to compile data that their product is at least as good as if not superior to current products in order to be released. I think that may be why the FDA keeps delaying or asking for further data for the implant.
Studies are risky. In France recently, just during safety studies 2 or 3 people died. Didn't even get to whether the drug was effective for the condition being studied.
I hope you are least able to continue with your sublingual bupe and continue your journey.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Steppy,

Checking in on you... Wondering how you are and how you are doing? Did you transition back to oral bup ok?

Sending you my support and best wishes and hoping you are doing A OK!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:09 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello,friends.

I've transitioned back to taking Zubsolv / 2twice a day. They're the 5.4mg menthol flavor ones,just if your curious.

The plan is to reduce my dose,(as long as I feel alright) down to 1/2 a pill - 3 times a day. So That would be a 16mg to 12mg drop. Which from what I've read, is very doable.

After that,I will see where the days take me. It's a long road ahead,with lots of sharp curves and bumps. One thing I'll avoid are the U-Turns.

Thanks again everyone for your support. It has meant so much :)

Peace,
Steppenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Steppy,

Great to hear back from you! Glad you were able to transition back on bup. Again, nice to hear from you! Best, Pelican