It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've always read these things and I've finally decided to make an account because I know one of the factors of my last 2 failed attemps was that I just had no one to talk to who knows what I'm going through or who is going through the same as me! The people in my life are trying and I love them for it but I could really some of you guys to help me through this, if you decide to help me out here I will forever be in debt to you! I just want my life back and 3rd time has to be a charm I've never been so ready. ANY advice will be greatly appreciated! or tell me your success story Id love to hear it and I'll share my journey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:49 am 

Hello Zeus,
Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will find many friends here to help you with this new taper. We have many who are now in the procdss of tapering as well as a few jumpers. Ill asume you have been reading some of the threads in the Stopping Suboxone forum.
Im not a taperer myself, maintenance for me aalthough in the lower mg range.

I would ask that you give more details of your sub use and just where you are in the process today.

I likd what you said about being ready. As ive seen here, Ya gota really want it!! So, rock on and i KNOW others will e aloug too to support you Zeus!!! Great name too....

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First let me say thanks razor55 for the positive reply and well I will share my story for you and whoever else reads but take it easy on me I just joined lol... I'm 27 years old my addiction started back when I was 18 my senior year in high school me and my friends would find a couple random pain pills on the weekend nothing specific just anything we could find. And it was like that just on the weekends occasionally until I was 21 I got a job as a bouncer at a club and that when it progressively got worse. Whatever nights I worked I would always find someone in the club or they would find me and I worked Wednesday - sunday and after about 3 months of taking pills everytime I worked I could feel myself waking up feeling terrible when I was off but I didn't know what withdrawal was even i just knew that I liked how I felt when I took them so another 6 months and it became a evetyday thing. Then a friend introduced me to roxys and that was it!! I started buying loads of them and I would take them soon as I woke up that went on till I was 24 when I met a girl started hanging out fell in love so it made me want to quit I told her I took pills and I wanted to quit she was very supportive so we reached I heard about subs and went to the doc of course like everyone else he didn't tell me that I would get addicted to this too the subs made me feel normal again so I took 1 a day for a day befor I knew a year flew by and my mom asked me one day why do I still take them and I honestly didn't know she asked if I was addicted to them and my heart sunk in my stomach i was saying what do you mean?!? Doctor said I wouldn't become addicted so researched again this time was when we found all the famous horror stories but still I tried to quit I last 3 days and thinking of all they stories n comparing them to how I feel I freaked out I said I can't do this for months there's no way! And I got back on them scared to death and accepting the fact that im going to be on this forever another year or so and I started feeling crappy even when I took them still one a day. So I told my doc and he gave me khlonipin (bad) started taking them felt awesome but quickly developed a tolerance n took more n more ( I feel like I'm rambling but already to deep to turn back sorry guys lol) me and my girlfriend started fighting and we never fought before I realized these drugs was starting to tear my life apart I promised her I would stop no matter how bad or how long it took so I gave it my best try I took off work for a week... I stayed in bed and walked and panicked around the house for 6 days my gf was so loving and babied the me but the lack of sleep and RLS on top of the anxiety and being emotional got to me bad while she was at work I called her and begged her to let me get back on my medicine I tried my best to explain the unexplainable she said no at first but eventually gave in. I started again felt good for a few months then back to being moody lazy and nonaffectionate ima cut this short Bc I feel it's so long and people won't read but we fought over silly things like dishes and the dogs because of me I'll admit and it eventually got to the point to where I pushed her out the door being so heartless and didn't chase after her till it was to late. Shortly after I quit my job and had to sell my nice house and my 09 Sierra I bought brand new. Thank god I have good parents who took me in and I been here since. That's the end of my life addiction story I will post my taper very soon I plan on taking my last dose sunday! I'm so nervous but so ready! I will not be denied this time no matter how intense how crazy the withdrawals get. My main worry is the long term mental battle Bc I already been feeling really depressed. I'm going to do this I just need some help and hope!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Zeus,

You did a great job explaining how you got to the point of being ready to quit. But, I didn't see you mention what your current dose is, and if you had tapered any at all. We recommend tapering to as low a dose as possible before jumping to minimize the severity of your WD's. If you haven't done that, you may want to do a bit of research about it. If you decide not to, it's still very possible to get free of the bupe, but your experience may be more difficult. We have several members who have managed to jump from higher doses and made it just fine, but it can be pretty brutal.

Either way you go, having support is definitely beneficial! You might want to stock up on some immodium, and clonidine if you can get some from your doctor. Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that is prescribed off label for opiate withdrawal. It helps a lot with the temperature fluctuations, and can be helpful for those sleep issues. For some, it even helps with RLS and the general anxiety that is associated with WD.

I wish you the best of luck with your jump, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply and the support horsegal! Sorry I meant to write my dose but I felt I rambled so much in the last post I don't want people to see a novel and not what to read, because Id love all the reassurance I could get. Anyway I started two months ago started taking 4mg a day for a month did just fine the next month 2mg and I wouldn't say I feel WD but I definitely don't feel good at all and I still have a good bit left not around the house I have someone monitoring my doses so I won't be able to feel panic on day 3 and take one so I'll be okay there. I was going to taper down more but I already feel so bad everyday and at night I can't sleep in fact I didn't sleep at all last night. So I made my mind up that I'm done last night around 9pm I took my last dose of 2mg. I can deal with feelings bad physically but it's the panic attacks and not being able to keep still at night. Last time I tried I jump off from 8mg a day and kholnapin and on day 3 in the middle of the night I would literally start panicking so much that I would have to jump up and walk around the house and doing that for hours on in I lost my mind. This time is different it's over for me I know it's easy to say right now cuz I'm not in the peak of the WD but I know myself and I know who I was before all this and I want my life back and I read a lot of great stories on here. I have a question if anyone can answer? What do I do if I have someone who wants to be around me a lot but I know I'm going to feel so Clammy and uncomfortable I don't want to try and lay down with anyone. Is that a bad idea? Should I just suck it up will the company do me any good? I just don't want to get annoyed with anyone because i can't rest my body or mind. ANY HELP IS A BLESSING TO ME. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 pm 

Thank you Zeus for shairing that. You have been though the ringer thats for sure. The loss's we pile up is amazing
isnt. Your story reminds me of my beginings . I didnt have a clue what wd was, or how addicting thses pills were either. Found out at work one afternoon. Had been taking 10 s for about 2 months. Then boom, one day there it was. As tolerance grows so does our addiction and the many problems it produces.

You are fortunate you have your folks to help you with a home to live in. Your young, you can rebuild your life over time. The important thing is to have some sort of plan and support. Peer support ,others in the same boat who can lend a hand. Are you seeing a addiction counselor? If you want to be drug free have you though of going to a 12 step type meeting. They can be helpful. If not Suboxone maintenance, then how will you stay clean or drug free.? Im just asking here because I get concerned when ppeople want off sub treatment who have a loug drug history as you have stated .It can be done, dont get me wroug but ive seen over the last 4 years that it isnt the stopping so much as it is the staying stopped that is tne problem and risk. Opiate addiction is a powerful thing Zeus. Cronic, relapsing and unfortunately deadly.
I just hope you have some plans thats all Zeus. You sound ready. But there is no shame in maintaince if you need it .

Are you on a low dose now, say under 4mgs or less? Well whatever it is go very slowly . Is your Dr on board too? Can ne help with this taper? I hope so.

Im glad you have come to this forum for support. Keep posting, and some of the negative jumping stories can fill you with worry, try to fi d good taper threads here, there are many Zeus.

One more thing, there is an artical from the Huffington Post called "Dying to be Free".I think you would get alot out of it Zeus. Check it out...

Razor..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...I can relate to not wanting to be around anyone while in the peak of WD's. Sometimes having someone there to distract you is good, but I'm not a real touchy feely person anyways so it can be a bit much if they want to "cuddle" a lot. :D I would say that you just need to tell the person that you would be happy to have them hang out if they want to support you, but that if you get overwhelmed you may have to take a break for a bit. Be sure they know that it isn't personal, it's just hard to tell how you will be feeling from moment to moment. Chances are that if you are up front about it, it will avoid any hurt feelings.

Also, try to avoid the fear that this jump from 2mg will be the same as the one you attempted from 8mg. Yes, you will be uncomfortable, but it shouldn't be as bad as what you experienced last time. You have gotten your dose down quite a bit, and it should pay off a little bit for you. Going into this experience with a lot of fear, or expecting the worst can make the process harder. It becomes a kind of self fulfilling prophecy. If you expect the worst, you can almost bet you will get it.

Are you still detoxing from the benzo, or are you finished with that? I wouldn't recommend trying to do both at the same time. It's best to take it one step at a time, and discontinuing the use of a benzo abruptly can be dangerous.

Try to fill your time with something to distract you for the next few days. Stock up on some movies, or music to listen to when you are resting. Push yourself to get up and do some light physical activity, even when you feel like you can't. Even just a nice walk up the road will get those endorphins firing, and give you a brief respite from your misery. Hot baths and showers are heaven for those achy muscles during the worst of it.

There have been tons of suggestions given here over the years to deal with the symptoms you will be going through for the next few days. Keep in mind that it won't last forever, and after about a week (maybe less) you will start to feel a little bit better each day. Take a little time and look through the stopping suboxone section, and you will get a good idea of what to expect and what you can do to make it through the worst of the WD.

Do you have a recovery plan in place to help you once you are free of the bupe? Remember that the WD process is only the beginning of your journey. You need to have some support and recovery tools built in to your day to keep you from relapse. The end goal here isn't just getting off the subs, but life long sobriety. I know that at this moment you feel like you will never go back to that lifestyle, but you would be surprised how quickly our addiction will make us forget all of the bad stuff we went through and convince us that "one more time" won't hurt. It's better to get those things in place now, while the suffering is fresh, than to wait until you feel better to start that recovery work.

Hang tough, Dude.

Q

(Razor was posting his response while I was writing mine out. Sorry for the repeat of the recovery work recommendation, but it doesn't hurt to hear it twice!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey thanks a lot razor! As I posted above to horsegal i tapered kinda my own silly way but i took my last dose of 2mg at 9pm last night and I also posted a question in my last reply so if you have any input on it that would be great. As for a plan, I'm going to succeed this time because of the overwhelming fact that I know what this drug and past drugs have done to my life and I know how terrible I feel right now and I never want this feeling again ever! I'm currently not working but I have my CDL license I use to drive trucks and there's alot of opportunitys when I start feeling like me again. I want a relationship I want kids and I want to buy another house. I know none of this will happen overnight nor in the near feature but I know I can get there someday. The doctor here I go to I would just say he doesn't specialize in this stuff I really don't want to bash him to bad but he never made me go to meeting never told me about getting off or what tapering was he just kept writing my prescription until I figured this all out on my own. Any ideas on some things I can do during the day since I'm not working to get my mind off anxiety and at night to? If I can't sleep I'll go walk at 3am if I have to. If you all keep replying that's great but even if yall don't im going to try and update everyday because I've read about success and how great it is to be yourself again all the storys, and Id like to be one of those story's to maybe help someone in the future I know we are all different but all share some things in common. Honestly I feel more hope everytime I read a reply or everytime I'm writing back. THANKS AGAIN razor for your thoughts and kindness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No your totally right horsegal I doesn't hurt to hear it everyday probably I know how important having a plan is. Your question about benzos I haven't taken them in atleast a month and I don't want to start them again to get through the sub WD. I just want to be clean and free. Forever. That being said tune in if you want I'm going to update daily I'm sure ill be an emotional roller coaster and that's what I hate. I'm 27 and I've cried once in my life when I was 17 a relative passed but last time I got to day 3 I cried twice so that brings my lifetime crys up to 3 lol.... Thanks for all the help I can't explain how much it means to me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Zeus

Welcome to the forum! It's great to update everyday. You get suggestions & support and they (Therapists) that journaling is good for anxiety..so you will be sort of journaling here.

I have kids older than you :shock: and i got addicted because i was able to get A LOT of pain pills for chronic pain. Didn't realize i was going to get caught up like i did. Happens to all ages, all incomes etc.

For part of my recovery i go to an addiction counselor. He is Great and an addict in recovery (not sure if it's drink or drugs) himself so he "gets it". Just as you were saying, it's great you have support but only another addict can understand. He has helped people taper off sub and we often talk about it. He doesn't tell me a persons name but gives me general info..like you..he will say a male age 27 tapered down etc. He just had another person hit 3 months (still early in recovery) who stopped at about 1.5 mg so just a little less than you. He told me about another guy who is mid 30's who stayed on .25 mg for 6 months because he was afraid to stop. About 6 weeks ago he stopped taking his dose because he forgot for 2 days (while on a business trip) and is doing fine. One of the things he says is not to keep focusing on your body when you stop...for instance, don't say to yourself..my head feels funny, that's weird, i never had that before, hmmm does it hurt, will it stop etc..do you get my point? I can't think of the word i want to express what i am trying to say :oops:

You always have choices/options. If stopping at 2 mg is not working, go back on 1.5 mg sub and stay there a bit then taper down. No shame & no judgement here.

You can rebuild your life! Like i said, my children are older than you and i have been able to fix much of the mess my addiction caused.

Go Zeus! (i named my cat zeus lol)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:06 pm 

Hey Zeus :)

Welcome! I have to say that I think ur very brave. It takes a lot of bravery to do what ur doing. Honestly it's very inspiring to me to read ur journey and I look forward to hearing all about it. I'm not stopping anytime soon but I still wanna encourage u to do what is best for u.

I too lost a whole lot during the course of my addiction. I lost my beautiful home, my car, my job, and on and on. Luckily I found my sub clinic and I have had 3 yrs now to build some of that bk. Oh and also when I lost my home bk in active addiction, I moved in with my parents also. So I can relate to u in a lot of ways. I know how important a good support system can be and I'm absolutely sure that u will find a lot of that here on this forum.

I wish u lots of luck and success in ur jump. I'll be reading ur progress and cheering u on all the way. Also, there's no judgment here, whether ur completely successful or have a few bumps in the road, we're all here to help. Good luck!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks tiki and jennjenn for jumping into this with support as well! Like I said before everytime i read what yall have to say or if I'm writing back I feel inspired and Deff like I'm not alone at all in all of this. I'm just trying to cling to that feeling as much as I can or anything positive for that matter so I'm coming up on 24 hours since my last 2mg dose and I don't feel nothing major so I'm just going to call tomorrow day 1. other then worrying I'm fairly calm im tryinh my best not to focus on every little thing on my body like if I get a headache I don't want to say oh no I have a headache, why do I have a headache. I'm trying to tell myself before I knew what I drug was there was days where I would have a headache or be stiff from sleeping funny ya know? Anyways I figured since I don't know when My appetite will vanish and I hungry now I'll eat a good meal so I ate steak and potatoes. I use to be a big gym freak for years, but the past couple weeks I can't find the drive for it or motivation. I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't go but I will walk whenever I have to. So even tho I took my last dose last night the worrying and big decision to jump kept me up all night I watched tv alllllll night. So today I made it appoint to stay up so I could sleep tonight. With that said I'm super tired right now I can barely hold my eyes open so I'm might watch a March madness game then I'm going to sleep. I will be back tomorrow everyone wish me luck! I can't say enough how great it is to have you guys in my corner!

Zeus is my dog :) my 2 year old bull terrier. He's solid white with one black ear. He's been my best friend since I picked him up from the airport when he was 6 weeks old. Lol but you can call us Zeus because he's been at my side for everything I've written. Goodnight!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Zeus!!
Wishing you the best of luck!! You can do whatever you put your mind to. I'm also at the last part of my taper too, (I'm not as tough or as brave as you... I'm taking the slow liquid taper method to get off subs, today my dose is at .26mg...yes seriously!)

Just wanted you to know you have another persons support!! I would say the best thing is to keep yourself occupied. And like the others said, try to stay out of your head :)
Power to the Zeus!! :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tfisher .26mg is awesome Im jealous! Hopefully you make it out of this with little to no discomfort, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Day 1
...hmmm ok so there's not really to much going on yet last night I slept 8 hours and woke up this morning and are breakfast. I wanted to add that yesterday evening I went and got some vitamins to take. A multi-vitamin, some D3, B12, potassium, calcium, St. John's wort and ginseng complex. I have had a headache most of the day I don't want to take anything with caffeine Bc I don't need any extra anxiety about this. I can't really tell if I'm sore or achy Bc I went to the gym Thursday night and I'm sore from that. I would mainly just say I feel lazy and unmotivated to do anything plus it's march madness so it gave me an excuse to be lazy and watch basketball all day it does occupy my mind. I don't know what I'm going to do once I cant sleep. I am starting to yawn every 5 minutes as it gets later but I'm not tired. I guess I'll see how I do tonight and tomorrow. I'll be back with day 2

Ps. Zeus is mad Bc we didn't go for a walk or play outside today lol. Promised him tomorrow, goodnight!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hu Zeus! Hope u and Zeus the dog are doing well :)

I am SO THANKFUL to have my little dog at this point in my life. We don't have a yard so for her to get out, it's up to me to take her. Which means I'm getting out a few times a day for some fresh air and sunshine. I'm hoping for a really sunny this day so we can walk a couple miles in the sun... Soakn up some much needed vitamin d!

Hope everything is going well for you!! Sounds like you're making it through. Just one day at a time. That's what I keep telling myself. (Although its not always easy!)

Hang in there, you can do it!!!
Xo fishy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hope your doing well Zeus! I was looking through the post for someone who is in the same boat I'm in and I found you. Our stories are very very similar and it seems we both took our last dose about the same time (if I was reading that right).

How are you feeling man? What type of symptoms do you have? I saw you went to the store and got a coctail of vitamins to help you out. Great idea! I didn't get as many as you but close. I hope you are doing well my friend. Hope to hear from you soon so we can take this journey together. It would be great to have someone else Who is almost exactly at the same place as me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

stepbystep! Hey man I'm actually really glad you found me, I could use someone to keep me sane. I haven't posted a day by day because I feel like a lot of the days kinda jumbled together and I feel the same. Id like to say if you took your last dose the same time as me no matter how you feel don't look back, it's going to get better one of these days. It'll feel so great to be feel and not dependent on anything. The physically symptoms have been very mild for the most part tolerable in a sense but the battle in having is mostly mental. I just feel so tired but I still can't ever rest my mind enough for my body to get rest. Sometimes during the night I'll literally have to get up and go walk because I can't sit still. I think just sitting around the house waiting to feel better is actually drivings me nuts. I'm still not going to give up I won't let this defeat me again. It's crazy because I've never felt this way before but I feel really vulnerable and emotional it's weird. Small things like taking a hot shower or going outside makes me feel better. Great hearing from you man don't give up! I know its not easy but think positive as much as you can whenever you can. If you don't feel like doing something then make yourself do it anyway but don't push yourself to hard, remember we are tackling this day by day. Hang in there we got this, hope to hear from you again

Zeus!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Glad to hear from you zues! It's crazy to say but even though I am going through the same thing as you and have no idea who you are, you were on my mind today. Weird right? I think it's just the fact that I know EXACTLY where you are right now and was wondering how you were doing. It helped me getting my mind out of my own problems and worrying about you man.

Like you said the wd is mild right now for me as well. The worst part for me is the stomach issues! They have always been my worst symptom in my dark journey with opiates. I have been trying to keep the loperamide (possible spelling issue) to a minimum due to the fact that people get addicted. Besides the stomach issues my rls has not been horrible but it's definitely there. I've been rubbing muscle rub on my knees about 3x daily which seems to really help with the rls. I'd say give it a try if the legs are bothering you.

tomorrow will be day 6 for me and I go back to my full time job which is an hour away. Luckily a kid I work with is going on vacation and asked me to check up on his house/stay the week if I'd like. That was like a dream cone true haha. I was dreading that daily hour commute each way in my current situation. But I have to get up early for work and want to try and get some sleep.

Hope to hear from you soon man. Stay strong and remember nothing in life is easy! When it is easy it's not worth it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey zeus how are you doing man? Haven't heard from Ya in a few days. Hope all is well on your side