It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't any problems with suboxone and trazodone, but I don't know anything about the other meds with suboxone. Did your sub doctor prescribe them all? If so then I'm sure it's OK. Plus if you filled them at the same pharmacy, they would tell you if it's a problem mixing any of them.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my copay's are getting a little up there' i'm taking 500mg of nuvigil a day,and paying out of pocket 75$ monthly. the lexapro is costly too. arond 35$ 20mg.the subs went up a little too i'm a little worry 'ed ? i'm just woundering HAT? is it o.k. with this on 24mgs subs a day mixing these meds with trazadone? it gets me thinking? does peroxicam/naprxin/ traz and lexapro work together? or tha traz and nuvigil??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
I don't disagree that prescription meds are way overpriced. I have insurance and STILL spend way too much on all the meds I'm on even tho I only pay co-pays for each.

But the one thing I wanted to bring up about the pricing for rx meds that you left out is the time and money that was needed to study the medication before it was approved and made available. For example, I take Humira, it's a biological and an immune suppressant and most of those types of meds (there are a few of them) just became available within the last few years. It took years and years of research to get these meds approved. I know that the time and cost of research is somehow wrapped up into the price of the medication, so shouldn't we take that into account?

Anyway, the reason I mentioned the Humira is so you can fall out of your seat when I tell you the approximate retail cost of two self-injector pens per month (yes, that's all - it's administered TWICE per month only). Now I pay only a $20 copay per month, but the approximate retail cost per month is $2800.00. Yup, you read that right, nearly 3K per month.

Obviously that's outrageous and even though I do believe some of that research time and money should be recouped, that amount is ridiculous.

Again, I'm NOT making excuses for big pharma in general or RB in particular. I'm sorta playing devil's advocate and at the same time presenting one other variable in the cost of rx meds. Just something to consider.

While that price is outrageous, It's a little different when you compare it to something like Suboxone which is manufactured massively on a global scale. I mean, I would be shocked if each individual Suboxone pill cost more than 50 cents to manufacture.

http://www.evaluatepharma.com/Universal ... entID=1002

BR made $500 million dollars alone in 2008 off of Suboxone. In 2009, that number grew to over $800 million dollars. You have to figure by now they are making a billion dollars plus, that's not even including Subutex which I'm sure they make a few hundred million off of too.

I'm not against corporation making profits but it just pisses me off when I see how much money these people are making how little of a damn they care for the people who greatly benefit from taking their product. They could easily cut prices in half and still manage to make a killer profit.

RB is going to have to lower it's prices sooner or later with all of the generics hitting the market. I keep on hearing that a generic Suboxone is going to hit the market soon...Then again, I've been hearing that for the past two years so it seems like it is not happening.

Last edited by mayunholdup on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't disagree with you, Mayan, about the outrageous profits when it comes to suboxone by RB. This is because it didn't require near the amount of time and money in research that some other drugs need. Just wanted to make that clear.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.