It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: The $50 coupon...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If I could find it, I would go back on this site and find the post where I said that I tried the coupon last year ( I'm pretty sure I mentioned it when I joined the site back around 8 months ago), and I explained that the coupon they had on Suboxone's web site wouldn't work for me...for some reason when they tried to run the coupon in the computer, along with my insurance, it came back that I was on a government insurance policy -- which I'm not..or not directly. I might be on indirect government insurance...via my wife's employment with the subsidiary of Southern Company Electrical -- which in turn is run by the government (as are ALL electrical companies in the USA, they answer to the Department of Energy)...

So when the pharmacist told me that I couldn't use the coupon, I just said "OK" and told him to turn it in on my insurance, which meant that I paid UP TO $80 of the script...and that's it. Once I reach $80, that's the cap, and I pay no more for non-formulary brand name...which is what Suboxone falls under...

I decided that I would try it this week when I picked up my meds..just to see what happened and if they might have changed the rules around...

So Monday I printed the $50 off coupon..and Tuesday I went to the credit union, withdrew my $80 for my script..and I proceeded to the pharmacy...I had already put in the refill request on the internet, so the script was just waiting on me to get there...but when I got there, I asked them to try that $50 off coupon along with my insurance.

This would mean that I would only pay $30 for my script, so basically the $50 off would be $50 cash in my pocket...

After about 10 minutes of waiting and watching the pharmacist type, he came over and said "OK, well that makes it $30 now"...

I nearly passed out...but gladly paid it. So from now until December, I only have to pay $30 for my 75 Subs per month...I'm not sure what they changed or did different...but I'm sure glad they did it..because it saves me some cash.

I only wish they could go back from prior months and file that $50 on it..because we're talking 5 months worth of $50 savings each month...that would add up!!

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject: Uninformed Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm 

I've ran into that same problem with newer techs inputting the script. Because Suboxone cannot be refilled I get a new scrip every month and have to run the card/coupon every time. Once in awhile I get a newbie who just doesn't know how to input it right. Last time I said forget it and went back the next day knowing my regular tech would be there. Luckily I had a few extra films to hold me over.

So as the saying goes "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again."

Too bad you wasted your money for this long but you are grateful about fixing it and that's what counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxone CAN be refilled....

I edited out all personal info..but here ya go:
Doctors normally just say that so they don't have to deal with you asking for refills, it takes a WHILE before a doctor will authorize refills, and the most they can usually go on refills is 3 months...
Controlled substances can't be refilled any longer than that..and they won't allow more than that many because of that.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had to resize that because it was taking up like 2 or 3 screens....but excuse the coffee stains, that just happens to be my coaster that I took that picture on...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:28 pm 

I've had two Suboxone doctors over the last 2 + years and both told me they were not allowed to do refills for Sub. Now you show me the receipt and it makes me wonder why we get different information from doctors who supposedly took the same training to administer Suboxone treatment.

Obviously I'm not going to argue with my doctor, it's not worth the risk of him kicking me out. It costs me $25 for the co-pay every month so it isn't going to make all that much difference. The drive across town sucks but again I am at their mercy.

Thanks for the update Johnathanm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I figured showing you that was better than me just saying "yeah, suboxone can be refilled" and not having something to back that up...

I know it makes you a little irritated that you have had more than one doctor tell you that suboxone can't be refilled, but I've asked my doctor about this very thing, and the response he gave me is what I posted above..when I asked him why some doctors would tell patients that Suboxone couldn't be refilled, that's the response he gave. He said that he could only give me so many refills, but as long as he does 90-day refills and not 120-day refills that the DEA doesn't get too picky...if you start going 4 months, he said sometimes that throws up a flag and they start scrutinizing the doctor for that....

Most doctors who say they can't do refills are doctors who want people in every single month whether trust is an issue or not...they just want to see their patient every month.

Doctors who DO allow refills are more lenient if they patient has earned that trust, and they'll allow more time between visits.
I only see my doctor once every 90 days...and that's why I get refills like that....

It does make you wonder what else doctors tell patients lies about though, doesn't it...if they'll lie so quickly about simple refills on a prescription...

I'm not saying to argue with them or anything...but maybe print a picture of my post, and ask your doctor again..when he says that it's illegal for him to give refills...show him this print-out and say "so this doctor must be risking his license every 3 months for the past 2 years that this patient has seen him?" and see what he says...

haha....that would be funny...but your doctor might not have that same sense of humor!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Think about this too, Rule...

If the Suboxone doctor tells you he can give you refills of Suboxone, then that means he doesn't have to have you come visit him EVERY month...you can say "well, if you can give me refills, then you can let me come less often, like once every 2 months, or once every 3 months..."....

He loses money that way.

So essentially, for some doctors, giving refills is losing money. They do less "work" for less money when they could do less work for MORE money (1 visit monthly, versus 1 visit every 3 months)...

That's in part why they say that too..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For those of us who don't have insurance and can't use the manu offer, try a discount drug card site like one of these: http://suboxone-coupons.com