Did this work for you?
yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The Congdon Recipe

Like Thomas who created “the Thomas recipe” I am not a doctor. Just an ex opiate junkie who kicked the habit at home in the comfort of my own bed with very little discomfort and at least 5 hours a sleep even when the withdrawal was peaking. I think Opiates withdrawal has a lot to do with Free Radicals.

For the Congdon recipe your going to need:

1. Some sort of anti-anxiety benzo. (Valium, Xanax, Klonopin) I recommend Klonopin because of the long half life.

Remember if you can’t get a hold of a prescription benzo I have heard of people using all natural anti-anxiety remedies or even an antihistamine such as benadryl.

2. If you can get a hold of some Clonodine it will make your life a lot better. If not, again you can get something over the counter or natural to lower your blood pressure.

3. Loperamide (Imodium) you can get this at any drug or grocery store. It will work wonders for the out of control bowel movements and stomach cramps

4. An over the counter pain reliever for your minor aches and pains. I used Aspirin and felt like it brought the pain from unbearable to bearable for a good 4 hours. If for whatever reason you can’t take that (allergies, liver problems, ect.) take Ibuprofen or Tylenol. Just don’t turn to opiates!

5. A good multi-vitamin from your local store that covers all your basic needs. I recommend “Centrum” which can be purchased cheaply at your local Wal-Mart.

6. 5 Hour Energy shots or a b-complex supplement. This is used to get your energy levels up around day 5 and 6 especially. At that point you will start to feel better but still battle with lack of energy.

7. Protandim – This is a one of a kind supplement that specifically attacks free radicals. Check it out www.lifevantage.com/FreeRadicals I believe so whole heartedly that taking this sped up the duration of my withdrawals by at least 50%. If you have ever been there you realize that can make all the difference. I actually got so excited about it I signed up to sell it for them. Mainly to help Opiate addicts because for whatever reason it just works. If you want to give this route a try simply go to the above website, click enroll and than become a preferred customer. Not Going to lie, I get 30 cents everytime a bottle sells. My motivation is strictly your sobriety folks!

How to use this recipe: I recommend dosing your last dose of your OOC (opiate of choice) the night prior to starting this self-detox.
Day 1. Take your multivitamin, protandim, Benzo (or substitute) and clonodine if you can. These should get you through day 1 and day 2.

Day 3. Continue with your multivitamin and protandim.You might have to add some extra anxiety medicine and clonodine because your withdrawal symptoms are probably peaking at this point! This is the hardest part just ride it out! Its all downhill now!

Day 4. You might be feeling a little better than day 3 but worst case scenario day 5 gets easier for some reason.

Day 5. Chances are you are feeling somewhat “normal” now. Continue taking your multivitamin and protandim and your other comfort meds as needed. A b-complex vitamin or a 5 hour energy shot will do you wonders if you take it in the morning.

Day 6. Keep taking meds as needed until you feel better. This sounds easy written out but in reality it takes a lot of out of a person to be victorious in these circumstances. Just hang in there because It can be done and it can be virtually painless if you follow this guide!

Good luck everyone! –Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my experience with long half life opiates, especially buprenorphine / suboxone, the detox is still getting worse by day 5 & day 6.

Heroin you're easily landed day 6. Suboxone day 6 I'm just over the peak.

Bear in mind that age matters a lot for how bad a detox feels. When I was 19-22 I could play volleyball on day 4 or 5 of my detox. Sure I was a bit slow and it was uncomfortable, but it wasn't going to kill me. Now I'm 27, I'm pretty much grounded with stomach cramps through the worst parts of the detox and am all but totally bedridden for the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
In my experience with long half life opiates, especially buprenorphine / suboxone, the detox is still getting worse by day 5 & day 6.

Heroin you're easily landed day 6. Suboxone day 6 I'm just over the peak.

Bear in mind that age matters a lot for how bad a detox feels. When I was 19-22 I could play volleyball on day 4 or 5 of my detox. Sure I was a bit slow and it was uncomfortable, but it wasn't going to kill me. Now I'm 27, I'm pretty much grounded with stomach cramps through the worst parts of the detox and am all but totally bedridden for the rest.

I think tearjerker said it best in a sense as in I think there are a lot of factors that take play into detox. A lot from age, to opiate levels and so much more, what worked for you could be the complete opposite for the next man. But at the same time I think it is good you shared this method because at the end of the day I think all addicts should see different methods of detoxing b4 choosing one. My only problem with your method is the BENZOS I think if you got a person trying to detox than they should be free from all controlled substances. The reason I say this is because with the state of mind a person is in during detox taking benzos can lead to other issues which is the last thing an addict needs in detox. Sure it will help but if it helps too much than another addiction might be on the horizon.

And i could be way off with this but i think adding a drug ass addictive as BENZOS during that state of mind would not be the best idea i guess is all i am trying to say.