It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much for that info! Expenses do eat up all my money.. so I didn't realize if I could prove that there was an Legal Aid option.. I will look into it.

Again, thank you so much for the info..

I am down to an extremely low dose and hope to be off soon.. I have been working out like crazy and only taking .1 when needed (Usually about .3-.5 a day) but want to get serious about a taper plan and sticking to it. I may just stay on a super low dose.. I just wish I knew for sure it wouldn't effect anything.. I don't think it would as I am a great patient. As mentioned my doc said he'd go to court..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi again

Q mentioned in an earlier post that some of what happens may depend on the judge. To some degree that is true. Family court is very different than criminal court.

Of course it would be just my luck to get the judge that does Drug court in our county. He will help addicts but only if they agree to NOT use maintenance medication. They have to be 100% sober for the arrest to be dropped (what ever it's called LOL). So i thought for sure it would cause a BIG problem for me. He went by the law, asked me questions, did a background check and gave me the baby. For all intents and purposes i am just a regular grandmother....except i take medication for my addiction just as i take medicine for my high BP.
e
I feel for you...it sucks that your BF doesn't understand and puts so much stress on you when there doesn't need to be.

Hang in there & just do the next right thing...