It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:oops: Somehow this last time I relapse I found the incredible OPANAS god I loved them well anyway I am a fellow nodder but damn good at it. I can take a power nod while carrying on a conversation. Yeah Yeah a couple of times I was accused of nodding out but no one could catch me "using for sure" For years it was always the nodding that would eventually get me caught by my Husband, Mother etc...Well like I said, I could be sitting around shooting the s--- with my family, friends, husband etc...Nod out for a second and tune right back in without missing a beat. I could tell that my husband was starting to suspect something was up but I was holding up pretty good on these Opanas it was a very clear headed buzz to me on most occasions except this one conversation. At night, my husband watches TV and I sit at my coffee table on my computer a lot and sometimes I can nod out and he can say something to me and I am just twilighted enough that I can come to and answer it. Well this time I was nodded out at my computer he said something to me and I must not have heard so he yelled, "Hey Tonya" well real quick I got my shit together I thought and I looked up at him and said "The cat said that I..........." I knew I had mucked up there as the look on my husband’s face was priceless as he looked at me and said "Babe, Cat's don't talk they meow" That was it that’s all it took he had thirteen years of being with me most of which was me high so I was busted and all I could do was look at him and laugh and say "ok you've been trying to bust me so now you have" and he laughed and said "you reckon" and a few days later I checked myself into detox. That’s what I miss the most about getting high is the nods. Sometimes not very often though I will nod out on my methadone, but maybe twice in the last six months so I really do miss the nods.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you hit it,,,,the nodding is definitely what I miss too....
and as far as husbands go???
holy hell...
one night I was really, really,,, F--ked up,it was at the begining of my addiction, at the end my husband just had this 'mad face' I call it now,,,alllll the time...anyway this night, I thought,,,
I just need to eat,,, then I'll be fine
went to the kitchen, and was gonna make a sandwich,
the last thing I remember is sticking a knife in the mayo
I wake up, on the FLOOR,
the cold linoluem peels from my cheek,
mike is shaking me, yelling at me,
I still have the knife in my hand, covered with mayo,
and a piece of bread stuck to the front of my shirt,,,,

apparently I had nodded while putting mayo on the bread,
and hit my knees first, bcuz I had a huge purple mark on both,
and then slammed my face into the kitchen floor.
even had the design of the floor on the side of my face.

that was the first night he 'talked' to me....you know how 'reassuring' us addicts can be.
I made every excuse in the book...
he put up with it for a whole nother 7 years or so. til our son was a year old. then we started staying apart sometimes. I dont blame him a bit....all a nodder needs is a baby in thier arms right?????

anyways, thought I'd share that. its soooo embarrasing.....but kinda funny.

just the other night,,, I DID NOT 'nod' out,, but fell asleep in the lazy boy recliner, after a 14 hour day of working construction ( i WAS just tired),,, and awoke to him saying,,,
are you tired????
he was smiling
I said,, yea, I think so....I was completely slumped over to one side sleeping, with the kiddo on my lap....
he said,,
WELL at least you dont do that in the MIDDLE of a conversation anymore

and we both had a good laugh.........he also thought for the longest time I was gonna burn the house down, becuase of all the burn marks in EVERYTHING......clothes, carpet, blankets,,,omg it was awfullllllll

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh, you two crack me up!! Talking cats and having the imprint of a kitchen floor pressed into your face are too much. My worst nod involved me sitting on the toilet, I was out cold. When I came to, my "business" was done and I was amazed!!

I was never into the nod too much, if I got to the point where I was nodding I knew that I took just a little too much and tried not to do that the next time. When I got high, I wanted to be wide awake and enjoy it!

I hope y'all have a great New Year.

Oh Yeah, yesterday was 30 NA days clean for me, but I didn't go to a meeting so I picked my 30 day key chain tonight. YAY ME!!!

I really don't like how NA makes you reset your clean time after each lapse, technically I have 575 clean days and 19 non-clean days spread out over 4 lapses. That's 97% clean!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: good job Romeo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Job Romeo....
All I can say is KEEP IT UP BRO!!!!

I dont think it matters HOW any of us measure 'clean time' I think its up to each and every SINGLE one of us.
becuase we are all different, thus our recovery is too.
Ive had alota people tell me, I cant count it as 'clean time' cuz of the suboxone.
I say F that.........obviously Im not 'gettin my rocks off' with the subs,,,or I'd be one noddin mofo
ha ha ha

So GREAT Job Romeo,,, ill be your 'tomboy' cheerleader any day of the week...........lol
long as theres NO skirt involved........

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody..........

im just hanging with the kiddo tonight,, coloring and 'playing trucks' which means he repeatedly crashes into me...
but whatever keeps'm happy..........
I know the upcoming new year looks much brighter for me and my family
I hope everybody else's does too

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If I included my time on Suboxone, I'd have 1670 days clean....about 4.5 years. I don't include my time on Suboxone as clean time because I did everything I could to abuse my Suboxone for the 3 years I was on it.

Once I quit Suboxone, I FINALLY started to understand WTH recovery was......that's why I'm so impressed that you're giving your recovery so much attention while on Suboxone, you're gonna be way ahead of the game if you ever decide to get off of Suboxone.

Thanks for cheering me on Bud, I do appreciate it a lot!!!

I just got done listening to the ICarly cd with my daughter, that song "with my headphones on" is pretty cool.....the rest of 'em sucked!! LOL!!! DON'T TELL HER I SAID THAT THOUGH!!! :lol: :lol:

Now we're watching Sponge Bob for the next half hour or so, then we'll watch the ball drop and FINALLY go to bed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea,,, WTF is it with the SPONGEBOB guy????
My kid just turned 3, and it only took like three times of seeing that damn cartoon,
Hes totally hooked!! lol
he even saw a display in the store around xmas with the spongebob pillows stacked to the cieling (almost)
and he pulled out one from the BOTTOM and the whole DAM thing came' a' tumblin'
he said
OOPS,,, sowy mama

I was soooo embarrased......anyways

I tried like, taking too much sub when I first started, but I never felt any different.....
wierd,,, I guess my tolerence mustve been SKY HIGH when I started. but I think
its been all for the better.
thats why it doesnt FEEL like I take ANYthing.....
hard to explain, I dont know if Im doing a good job.....
but I did try to see 'what would happen' if i took a 'lil' more. I think thats just being an addict.
I mean c'mon, when I started the sub program, if I could take one pill,, would I BE IN the sub program?????

I digress,,,,,

Keep it up Romeo,,,,,, and I will too.....
trying not to think about friday too much,,,but its in the back of my mind.
I think my therapist is like expecting a breakthru or something.
maybe Im totally wrong.....
Im just nervous. Its new and scary. the old me would RUN FOR THE HILLS
lol....but here I am
work will help ease my mind monday, im sure.....Im definitely a 'busy body' these days.

pretty sure I said this already
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my peeps

im watching a show about cocaine addicts.....woo hoo

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BAH HA HA, your son pulled the Sponge Bob thingy out of the bottom of the pile and it all came tumblin' down, that's awesome.....then he says, "OOPS,,, sowy mama" and your heart probably just melted. Yep, kids will do that to ya!! LOL!!

Hey, you sound like you have a fairly warped sense of humor like I do, there's another member here who shares our sense of humor, it's Diary of a Quitter and she started a thread a while back called Laughter is the Best Medicine. You have GOT to check it out, here's the link:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3334

The Missing Missy one had me peeing in my pants and that website Hyperbole and a Half has some hilarious skits. From Hyperbole and a Half---How Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas had me crying I was laughing so hard. I'm grinning from ear to ear right now just remembering it.

OK, I hope your therapist isn't expecting some kind of major breakthrough this Friday, that would be kind of unrealistic, as far as I'm concerned. Don't sweat it dude, recovery is not a race, it's a process.....a process that we all find our way through at our own pace. You have a great attitude, a great sense of humor and an open mind and I think you're gonna do just great!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanx Romeo,,,
your a good cheerleader too........LOL

Im gonna check that thread out....I love stuff like that......I just like being able to laugh out loud these days

and I hope shes not expecting a 'breakthru' either,,,,she either doesnt belive me that I dont cry much, or wants me to, so I can feel better or something/???? thats just the feeling or 'vibe' I get from her...... but yeah, Im keeping an open mind...

Just got home from grandmas house so some good jokes sound like a good idea

talk at ya lata
you da best my brotha from anotha motha

That's TRUE STRENGTH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

so back to work I went this morning.........
I woke up two hours earlier than planned...tried to fall back asleep in the ez chair like normal...but i was a bit anxious about going back to work...
I dont know why. Im doing really well, I get along with everyone, they all think Im halarious. My boss never laughs, but he likes my work. and in construction, thats all that matters....thankfully

I REALLY missed my son today though. All those days I got to snuggle in the blankets with him and watch cartoons for two hours upon waking up was sorely missed today, even called home twice to talk to him. and hes just 3 so you can pretty much figure how much he 'talks' on the phone. he did tell me he loved me, and thats all I needed.....

I had to start a 'feelings' journal for my therapist,,,for our apt on friday. I looked at it today at lunch, it was completely BLANK......yep......so I started filling some stuff out. Im not too sure im good at nameing my feelings. but thats probably the point. so I have 2 sentences in it. Lets hope I have some more thoughts by friday!!!

thats about it for today.....I was 'feeling' grateful alot today....
that I still have my son in my life, and my few friends and family members that
support me. I almost lost all of that..................

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've heard many times in NA how a grateful addict is an addict who won't use. I'm grateful to hear that you're grateful. Dude....now we're both grateful!!! :D

When my daughter was 3, I worked midnights and my wife would sit her at the computer in the evening and let her "type" me a message for the night. My favorite one was "hi daddy ummmmmm have a good night luv you good night." I STILL have that email in my inbox, it's dated 3-17-2002. I STILL go look at it from time to time, she was just a little peanut then and she was so sweet......she's about crazy like me now, though!! LOL!!

Enjoy that time with your son Amber, those are the best memories ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

the weather here, was absolutely horrible today.........
I had to deliver my countertops to the condos,I build 8 at a time and take'm down to the building on the ocean, install the 8 over two days, and repeat the process....

So today, while Im getting the counter tops outta the box truck,, ( 5' x 3') the winds blowing aprox70mph, but feels like 100 while wrestling these damn counters , and the rain is hitting me so hard in the face it hurts.
and I was completely soaked, I was wearing my painters pants, which are white, they were so wet the 'stuck' to my skin, i could feel more rain running into my SOCKS.....
then I was worried that everyone was gonna be able to see thru my white pants cuz they were absolutely soaked!!!!!!!!!

It feels so good to be home, in the recliner, with the heat blasting on me :lol:

on my drive home I was stressing about my appointment friday (yea I know I shouldnt ROMEO, but I just CANT help it)lol

and yea, my journals still fairly empty......

well im tired tonight, so thats all I got for now :o

That's TRUE STRENGTH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First of all,,,,,
I gotta say,,,,, No trauma assesment today or PTSD assesment, whatever the therapist called it, we DIDNT do it today, so that was pretty awesome. I had a horrible STOMACH ache.
and Ive been getting them the last week or so, off and on. Ithought it was becuase I skipped lunch a few times, so by the time I got home from work, at 6pm, I hadnt eaten ALLLLLL day, so I was starving, (literally) and I'd wolf my food down, then have a stomach ache. I know, duh right???

so I made sure even if I didnt take lunch that I at least ate a banana or something by 12, and maybe that'd stop the stomache thing. I mean working as hard as I do, for 8-10 hrs strait, cant be good with NO food coming in right????? I do drink water all day, but that doesnt really 'feed' your body.....

anyways, I made sure to have a snack.

WELL, still the stomach ache. WTF????????????????????????????????
the only other time Ive ever had a stomach problem is, when I was 12 I had ulcers, and when I was using, Id like 'binge eat' you know, not eat for two days, then eat everything in the kitchen one day, not eat for the next two and so on.

so im really floored by this, cuz then when my stomach hurts I dont wana eat AT ALL.

So I show up at therapy today, of course ive got a freaking stomach ache from hell, and she says, well, we really needed to schedule a TWO HOUR appt for the trauma assesment, so we're not doing that today.
Im thinking, okay, maybe my stomach ache will go away now. but it didnt............

She says it could be anxiety. oh really, is that what i pay you fifty bux a week for??? yea i know dude.

She gives me 'breathing' exercises to do, and tells me to try and exercise before or after work. Im like do you mean go jogging or some shit?? she says yea, or walk.
UMMMMMMMMMMM I walk ALL FREAKING DAY, sometimes RUN all freaking day. either way, I SWEAT ALLLLLL FREAKIN day, and theres NO way Im going Jogging BEFORE work. are you serious right now?????

Im completely exhuasted when I get home usually. I get stiff, in the car on the way home and can hardly walk when I get outta the car.
Maybe shes rite though. who freaking knows.
Im gonna be trying the breathing first though, thats for sure. sounds alot less exhuasting.
Maybe I should stuff my three yr old in a backpack and JOG to freaking safeway AFTER i get home from work, maybe then I'll be getting enough excersise to rid my anxiety. LMFAO

Im sure this anxiety issue is one of the reasons I began using in the first place. I remember the first time I took xanax, I was 17 i think, and remember thinking,,,,,,"wow, its impossible to be anxious now" and I liked it, hell I was in love.

So Im fairly cetain this isnt a new problem. Im looking for a different cure this time tho........ lol

Oh yea, and that condo I work at, installing the counter tops?
well this dude I used to get high with all the time, is working there now. NOT construction, but as one of the sales people. Its a time share condo or whatever, I seen him in the hallways a few times, and just acted really busy, so I didnt have to acknowledge his presence.
I knew this would happen one day. He was one of my very best buds. we talked every single day. our kids sat in the backseat of cars together for hours on end.
anyways, it finally happened, I was waiting for the elevator, and he was walking by........
we chatted for a few minutes. he looked shocked that I had been on sub for eight months, and even more shocked that I had the same job for almost as long.......................
He of course had just started working as a salesmen, for the timeshare place. and it was the first time he landed a job since being fired two years before, from a certain home improvement center, for his 'money drop' being short over 400 bucks, not once but twice. and yes each time it was 'short' we were headed to the clinic............

so I held everything back that I could, I was nice, but assertive. he asked for my number, I said if he wanted a referall to the sub doc, he could call me at the shop. my thought was, if he REALLY was ready for help one day, he'd call the shop, and if he wanted to geta hold of me for any BS, well, he just wouldnt be able to. or if he tried, I'd ignore the 'post it' messages I get from the office lady or my boss.

Its just a whole different 'animal' when part of your 'old life' surfaces in your new one.
almost like its toxic to the new envirnment you live in, so your trying to keep the toxins from polluting the water supply. I think I did fairly well.
It felt good to not be the one going thru withdrawl, without a dollar to your name, that neverending feeling of hopelessness.......... I could totally see it in his eyes. those used to be my eyes. I swear theres a certain 'gloss' a person gets, when theyre an addict, a severe addict, after youve burned every bridge, goten every extension of credit possible, sold everything you could live without, and not even to get high anymore, but to just not be dopesick. that is the only goal for the day,,,,,,just to not be sick. . . . . so this certain gloss, I think you can only see it if youve been there, or maybe you feel it, im not sure. '
it was just amazing to NOT be that person in THIS conversation. he did look at me like I shot his favorite dog, and I do feel bad, but not too bad, that I used to be his good friend, and now its just not possible anymore. but i have to remind myself thats how its gotta be. I had to cut it ALL out. not just parts and pieces. I tried that before, and it didnt work.
of course at the end of the conversation he told me he 'only takes what hes sposd to' but we all know thats BS. he could never do that the six years we hung out. not once. he'd get his Rx, and five days later, he'd be out. end of story...........................................I know where the saying ""It takes one to know one"" came from now

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject: my new schedule
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So the stomach aches are not subsiding,,,, at all......

The next thing on the list................EXCERSISE................ yeah

So I have NEVER been able to stick to a regimate of excersising AFTER I get home at night, thus I'll be taking a jog at 5am tomorow. Yep, it'll still be dark but that just means noboday will be able to see my fabulous body jogging ever so slowly down the road..... :roll:
Just fine with me...........and since Im in the rainy part of the country,,,,, the rain doesnt REALLY bother me, sure it sux to work in ALL day, but as far as jogging in it,,, I dont really care since I'll be showering right after Im done.

I really hope I can stick to this. I get up really early in the morning anyway, and usually just watch tv for an hour. so its not like I'm gonna 'miss sleep' or anything..........and I know the first week will be the hardest and should get easier after that. Im in good shape already, I just need to stop smoking. which may become easier with excersise as well.....I HOPE...

Like grandma said,,,,it certainly wont kill me to excersise every day,,, and if it gets rid of the stomach aches, hey Im in.

took my lil guy to the park today,,,, we had a blast.....then we played ball outside at home for awhile too, with every kid in the nieghborhood. something I would have never done a year ago.......It makes me so happy, to see him happy.
I just cant even put it into words, he makes my "cup runeth over"

he tries so hard to please me sometimes, it just melts my heart...... OTHER times OMG,,,,,, I see a direct reflection of myself..........lol

Life's good today....and Im enjoying every minute

That's TRUE STRENGTH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just love to read your post. I know I am going to learn something. I am going to relate to something and I am for sure going to laugh at something.

I don't even know what you look like but I saw you in my mind ever so slowly jogging in the dark in the rain. LMFAO.

But what I meant when I said Girl you finally got the right idea is the one thing above all else that is important in our recovery is the willingness to listen to others even therapist etc...and at least try the suggestions that are made in our best interest. Keep op the good work and if and when you ever stop visiting this site PM me your email so I can keep in touch sometimes I just need a good laugh and with you thats a guarantee. Wheres Romeo Been? He has to read the jogging story. Gotta hear what he has to say on it all. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I know the feeling Amber. I can't go jogging around my neighborhood in the daylight or all the hot babes in the neighborhood come running out of their houses and chase me around, they all want a piece of Romeo. *sigh*, being a chick magnet is hard at times.....poor me. BAH HA HA.....there I go dreamin' again!!

Finallyachance, you are so right about amber, she is willing to listen to others and that's one of the things that impresses me so much about her....the fact that she's super funny never hurts either!!

Amber, you did real good when you ran into your old buddy. Telling him to call the shop if he wanted a referral to a Suboxone doctor was pure genius on your part. There is no reason he needs your personal phone number. Good job dude!!

Post subject: Baby steps..............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You guys are soooo funny......sometimes I'll be sitting here writing about my day, and Im laughing so hard I can hardly type, then I wondering,,,,, does anybody else laugh at this crap?? probably not, but its funny to me, so who cares....LOL

So this morning, just like every morning, my eyes opened rite up at ten mins to five, with that familiar (now it is) KNOT in my stomach...........deep breath....Ok, Im GONNA do this.....
I look outside, theres no rain, but a nice little 'dusting' of frost on the cars....
okay, guess Im not wearing my TAPOUT shorts (lol) :lol:
so I get some sweats on, and Im tying my shoes.......hmmm maybe I'll watch a lil tv first.......
NO< NO i have to do this.......turned my ipod on,,, played 'eye of the tiger' (you gotta be laughing now) :lol:

So one more deep breath later, and YOU GUESSED it,, Im jogging (definitely NOT fast) thru the nice nieghborhood right across the highway.......Now, Im pretty sure I only did a half to three quarters of a mile......
BUT you gotta start somewhere right?????

and guess what? I got back , I took a hot shower,, and much to my surprise,,,,, NO STOMACH ache......it didnt even show up later in the day........WOW

I will say,, it was kinda hard to 'get going' I definitely had second thoughts.......but the reason Im trying to take advice given tome these days......is becuase the way I WAS DOING things,,, sure didnt work....and I dont ever wana go back there ever agian...........lol.........so I know change is hard, but I do want it really bad.... :shock:

when it was over,,,, after the shower,, I definitely felt better, I totally felt 'unwound' which was great. then I totally bragged when I got to work.....the dude I work with says,, yea all the way to the car and back right ???? LOL he probly still thinks Im fulla shit....O well. :roll:

hopefully Im not sore tomorow....I dont think I will be, thats why I started out with a short distance, and I stretched after.........there was sure allota poping and crackling noises!!!!! like Im getting rusty or some shit....like the tin man needing oil....I know I havent treated my body like a 'temple' but geezzzzz.......LOL :roll:

thanks for the support Romeo, and Finallyachance.........I for sure need it..... :o :) :D

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ahhhhhhhhh (angels singing), Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You actually got out and jogged today?? Holy Smoking Crap dude, you did it!! Ummmm, next time leave out the part about listening to Eye of the Tiger, though. I almost fell outta my chair reading that. I'm gonna have to get a seat-belt installed on this here chair of mine if I'm gonna read anymore of your posts!!

I'm with you on the whole "who cares if this crap is funny" thing, I get a great laugh reading this stuff AND responding to your nuttiness.....Yep, I make myself laugh with some of the freakin' hilarious stuff I say to you!!! hahahahaha, see, I just did it again!!! LOL!!!

Maybe tomorrow you'll make it past your car and back!

Post subject: EYE OF THE TIGER
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bum Bum Bum ....Risin' up, back on the street, Did my time, took my chances, Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet oh ok ok I forgot some of the lyrics but the tune was there from the very mention of the song. Okay I want the truth did you really have that song on your ipod when you turned it on to jog????? Nonetheless I did see it. God forbid if I really knew what you looked like I would lose the cartoon affect I have going on when I read your post. (no insult there) lol. I can't help it though you are just that good of a story teller and I am that good of a follower/reader. I see the thought and specifics in "REALTIME". I wish I could get up the gumption to jog every morning but please keep sharing the stories so I can live it out through you sweat and tears. I now have to fight to get this song out of my head all day to day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks a lot finallyachance, I had FINALLY got that stupid song out of my head then you post....Bum Bum Bum ....Risin' up, back on the street, Did my time, took my chances, Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet.....and now I'm sittin' here tappin' my foot and singing along!! GAH!! Kill me now, KILL ME NOW!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes , I did listen to that song, to get my ass out the door!!!!! it wasnt automatically playing, I 'que'd' it up while lacing my shoes......Yep 'the thrill of the fight'
I grew up in the 80s and 90s and Rocky was everybodys hero!!! I made it thru four songs the first day...
eye of the tiger
500 miles
rat in a cage (smashing pumpkins)
girl on fire (rob zombie)

today I made it thru 5....... progress is progress

So, I live in this apartment complex that used to be military housing like in the 50s. we are planing to move, but not til spring.....this apartment is the ONLY thing that I have not changed in my life since april....so its hard for me to stay, but its my only option rite now becuase it is CHEAP....and we've been here 5yrs...before that, we moved 9 times in 14 months... yes you read that rite. thats when I was in charge of all the money.........and I wouldnt do anything until we had an eviction notice, then Id immediately look for a new place that we only needed first months rent to move in...... it was exhausting...
ANYWAYS
so we are right by a huge river,,,,, a ship channel... and they built a new housing development across the highway in the middle of the 'housing boom' about ten years ago... You couldnt get INTO the nieghborhood for less than a half million...
SO THATS where I jog.....halarious I know...
they probly see me,,, "oh SHES probly from those places across the highway"
HA HA HA HA
keep starin' me and my ipod dont care

actually there has been a few people ive seen doing the same over there in the morning and they probly say HI, but Im so tired, and can barely breathe, I just gotta concentrate on not passing out
I gotta QUIT SMOKING........I dont even really get tired, I just cant breathe....Im sure its my pack a day habit helping that
LOL

My boss had me answer the phone today while he was gone for 20 mins.....
Im not so good on the phone. for one thing I dont hear very good......and I get nervous on the phone too...
so heres how ONE of the conversations went....I'll let you figure out whos who

hello _______ door and trim, this is amber
Hi is brian there
no, hes out for a few mins can I help you
well this oadsihfvsodubvfsdkmvk;jdnc kdskdf'lkjnvolfndv'dnbfvlo'bn'lo paint sample for my door
ummmmmm paint sample
yea,, this is nfdoovihfdohvohoae and your soposed to have a paint sample
okay can I get your number and have brian call you back??
sure its 454687648362783459 :oops:
what was your name
hhhjkjkkdshlkhggg (couldnt figure out if it was greg, criag, or something else)
ok, sorry what was your name :oops:
something G
um, one more time, im really sorry, i work in the shop :oops:
mumbled sumthing.....and then the name agian ............G
okay thanku :roll:

so I gave my boss a paper with half a phone number and his name is something, G

He knew what I was talking about when I said paint sample something, thankfully.
but maybe I wont have to answer the phone ever agian.....LOL

Im much better at actually working, building something...... :lol:
thats it for tonight guys
hope you all have a good nite!!!!!!
be sure and be thinkin about 500 miles,,,,,thats a great one to have stuck in your head
I would walk 500 mi and I would walk 500 more
just to be the man to walk a thousand miles rite to your door.......

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next