It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: That guy's on Heroin!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Has anyone seen this site? I used to live on the east coast and am familiar with the area.. I've been following the site for a little while and admittedly, I am amused. Some might be offended but trust me when I say that I think I've earned the right to find the humor here. At the very least it is a cautionary tale.. right?

http://thatguysonheroin.com/

It's really the commentary that cracks me up more than anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nah that's some funny shit. Junkies look pretty much the same no matter what part of the world you're from. I still don't understand how they / we / me can defy gravity by pulling the ol "invisible chair" tricks.

I used to be a bad one for the "nod walk". I got in this thing where I'd walk no matter how wasted I was. Can't remember most of those moments of course but I've probably walked further for my age than an olympic walker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I love how he calls it " perfecting the zombie lean".. like it's some kind of athletic sport. LOL Definitely defies gravity.. like super powers.

I don't know where it is but the guy with the laundry bag is hysterical.

ETA: Here.. http://thatguysonheroin.com/post/281254 ... preston-st

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks for the chuckle! These people have just about perfected the "dope fiend lean"! My favorite is the pair
on the tracks. HAHHAHAHAHAHA! They really were in perfect synch while nodding out. LOL! Not funny....the addiction....
but I've got a sense of humor, and the commentary to this along with the ratings and honorable mentions, equals good
comedy! Thanks again![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah the laundry one's a classic. The soundtrack makes it.

There's one video of a guy singing and ranting out the car window and it's obvious he's just had either a huge hit of cocaine, or a big crack pipe and is just losing it. For me, sitting here in my collared shirt about to head off to work like any normal person, to find that sight of depravity alluring is just testament to how messed up addiction can be.

I remember when I was in a half-way house, there were a number of reports in the paper of a spate of deaths from an influx of pure heroin on the streets. We were all 6-12 months clean, and we were talking about how even something as crazy as that - deadly heroin - can get the mind wondering. It's pretty crazy this addiction thing.

And I know the guy who's recording it won't be in much trouble, even though his face is out there for everyone to see, because in addiction you don't really care or even notice. And once people get clean, they've either found peace in a higher-power, or see videos like that as markers of where you don't want to go back to. But that's not a universal rule. There may be a badass homie find his way out of his daze one day, and take offense to what's been put up.

Surely the site-owners photo would be fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^The profile picture on that site is the awesome junkie character from HBO's "The Wire" which takes place in Baltimore. Fitting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess I'm the one odd ball but I just don't think this is funny. I think it's a very serious problem and to try and make a joke out of it is very wrong. I guess we can say its funny but if it was a pic of ourselves than I doubt it would be as funny. I just could imagine how my mom would feel if there was a pic of me in my worst times on the Internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bboy42287 wrote:
I guess I'm the one odd ball but I just don't think this is funny. I think it's a very serious problem and to try and make a joke out of it is very wrong. I guess we can say its funny but if it was a pic of ourselves than I doubt it would be as funny. I just could imagine how my mom would feel if there was a pic of me in my worst times on the Internet.

[font=Comic Sans MS]Now that you mention it, you do bring up some very good points that I didn't consider while watching. My mother would
be humiliated, hurt, and go to any lengths to have it removed, if it was me. As far as what I would do if it were me, I would
probably look at it like TJ said, like a good marker of where I NEVER want to be again. Though it would be embarassing.
Actually I'd probably be mortified.... So you do make a very good point Bboy, thanks for pointing that out.

Part of my recovery is looking at myself, and how I can make myself a better person. Something as simple as a little
comedy, was actually used as a teaching experience for me. Thank you.

Having said that, the inital idea behind it, and the way that it was presented, did make me laugh. But my sense of humor
is a little twisted too.... I don't think that tinydancer's intentions were ill at all. It was to try and lighten the mood on the
forum, and provide a little laugh to us all. So no harm done there. I hope. At least now I know in the future to be careful
as to what I post, as to not offend or hurt anyone. Nevertheless....what's done is done, and lesson learned....[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ahkay. I'll definitely check out The Wire. It's a bit weak of the site's creator to not put their name to it that's for sure. Kinda like putting people on show while hiding behind anonymity. But I guess that's what the internet's here for. It's reminding me a bit of mugshots.com now. I thought it might have been a recovering addict posting it up to poke fun at his past, like a black comedian poking fun at their own is not considered racist.

For me the nod photos were just boring ... it was the one of the guy going crazy that got my mind going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's all good.. I knew some people would be offended, I get it. I'm as compassionate as they come and and will fight the good fight for all addicts as long as I can.. I know it's a serious problem, I've been there, my husband has been there, my mom died with a needle in her arm and my Dad is on methadone. Trust me, I get it. But I have a wicked sense of humor and when I laugh at the pictures or the descriptions I am really just laughing at my self and the ridiculousness of the whole thing. If you think about how much time, energy and money we spent just to zone out and stumble around the streets.. well, it's a bit ridiculous. Sad? Yes. Troublesome? Yes. Ridiculous? Fo sho.

I think this website is awesome in the sense that it sheds light on what's really going on here. Most of society chooses to ignore it, or as you can see in some pics/ videos, walk right by without a second glance. This site is a bit of a wake up call and the creator is genius (IMO) because he is bringing attention to a serious problem. Baltimore is a bit unique though, it's like a lawless city and the epicenter for heroin in america. I can understand why some people -who are not on dope- would be fed up with the craziness going on there. Even though he uses humor to shed his light on this sad situation, it just might do some good in the end. The site is pretty new and it is growing fast.

These are just my opinions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is what it looks like when Aussies put depraved messed up people on show for the world:

do NOT watch if you're sensitive to misogyny, swearing and references to crime and violence

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjC-vh06_c[/youtube]

I put it down to lots of crystal meth (aka "ice" down here) pushin him over the edge.

Also this is a POOR POOR representation of Australians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh no offense was taken I just disagree with the website and what it stands for. I have no I'll effect towards any of you guys I can't tell people what to like or dislike. I know you guys are sensitive to the subject. You bring up a interesting point tiny dancer all the time money and engery we put into getting the drugs all for what to be awake for a few minutes till we start nodding out for the next few hours soon asleep.

Happy turkey day guys and gals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Cmon TEEJAY!!!!! that was a video of you wasn't it!??? LOL!!! I'm totally kidding....

Yes, tiny dancer, Bboy, you both have definitely hit the nail on the head!! What a total waste of time and
money, just to look like those people in the pics and videos. For me personally, it's a good reminder of
where I never want to be again! Ya know whats a shame....without the drugs.....that guy in TJ's video
was kind of a little cutie! So sad....[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yo teejay, is that guy a 'bogan'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

glen bee wrote:
Yo teejay, is that guy a 'bogan'?

LOL... he is the epitome of bogan! :lol:

It's a bit sad that boganism is my country's biggest cultural export :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My favorite one was, "I don’t know where this guy thinks he is but this is completely unacceptable for polite society. I mean SOCKS WITH SANDALS! It’s not even like these are dark socks which attempt to blend into his otherwise low-key footwear, but instead he has the balls to wear bright white socks with a pair of house shoes on a city street in America. What has this world come to!" BAH HA HA!!!

I've been plenty high, plenty of times, but I've never done what this guy is doing.....wear socks with sandals, that is!! LOL