It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Anyone else completely disgusted by the taste of the suboxone films? I'm to th point where i gag and vomit as soon as i put it under my tongue. Actually- just opening the wrapper and smelling the sub makes me gag! I've tried different ways to minimize the taste, but nothing has worked. I heard about this new medicine- zubsolv. I heard it's a mint taste. I really don't want to change from my suboxone because i know the suboxone works. But that taste! Anyone have any advice for me? Help!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:22 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jackie,

I personally don't have an issue with the suboxone's citrus taste but know it is common for people not to. One solution I've heard is to put a breath mint in your mouth with the subooxne to disguise the taste. Never done it myself but it you're the point you feel like vomiting it won't hurt to try.

As far as the zubsolv, for the most part I've only heard negatives between here and other sites but everyone is different. Some people like it but then again I think people are more prone to talk about something if they've had negative experiences with it (which applies to everything, like a restaurant review)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with Fireman that usually people will only go out of their way with negative experiences. That being said....I HATED ZUBSOLV. I had to try it for a week because my insurance will now only cover zubsolv. They won't cover Suboxone anymore (unless you appeal, which I am trying to do now and I'm paying out of pocket cash now). FOR ME it was like I stopped taking my medicine altogether. Within 24 hours I was in W/D. I was unable to work, much less get out of bed. I don't know if you are aware of the dosage change as well. Zubsolv claims their medication is absorbed better. So they give you a pill that is only 5.7 mg of bupe, as opposed to 8 mg. They claim it's the same. I don't buy it. After a week I was put back onto Suboxone and was 100% better.

I'm not trying to deter you or anything, because maybe it will be different for you. That was just my experience for what it's worth.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the replies! Yeah i read all about how it had a better absorption so 5.7mg equals 8 of suboxone. I didn't buy it either- that's why i came to this forum. I'd rather hear reviews from people who actually tried it than the people trying to sell it. I'm scared that if i get it and it's not working i'll have to go the whole month feeling like crap. I think i'll just stick with my suboxone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If you were to try the zubsolv, odds are it won't be better than suboxone. It could only be the same or worse. I've been wondering about it though since it came out but the whole 5.7mgs thing appears like a marketing tactic. From what I can tell it's a total sham that relies on people who can't afford suboxone or doctors pushing it. They've got a $225 savings card on their website, which makes it appealing, but is completely worthless if it's ineffective. You can find other reviews if you google it but they're all mixed. The only way to really know is trying it yourself. It's a lot to risk. If you could try it for a few days it'd be worth it but if it was for a month it's a tough call.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 am 

IMHO zubsolv tastes much better than suboxone, although I was never bothered by sub's taste. I was taking a 2 mg strip of sub and the 2 mg equivalent of the zubsolv was not enough. I had to go up to a pill and a half of the zubsolv, but it does taste much better.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:41 pm 

Jackiefern,

My suggestion is to put the film between your upper lip and gums like chewing tobacco or snuff. Then you could put a mint in your mouth to mask the flavor. I normally suggest putting it there when someone has sores under their tongue, but it works well for absorption although it takes much longer to melt. Fireman is on the right train of thought.

r