It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Thanks Suboxforum
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Been a rough 7 months. In mid-July last year, I deferred my studies and stripped back my work hours at the advice of my doctor to cope with the impending liver treatment side-effects. To get by, I've been on temporary sickness benefits.

So of course, I've had WAYY too much time on my hands. And as all addicts know, idle hands are the devil's playthings. In the past, I could barely go 3 weeks of free-time without entertaining the thought of using, let alone 6 months. It wasn't long until the boredom kicked in and I started going stir-crazy. And I did actually use for a few days in Sept (?) ... and it sucked arse. I dunno if there was an 'epiphany' or anything, but I did realize something deep inside that made me stop using before it got out of hand.

Since then, to cope with the spare time during the day, I've been posting a lot here. It has been really good for me! Lurking, listening / contributing here has helped me stay recovery focused to no end over recent months. And looking back, for me to get by without self-destructing for this long is a real achievement. I don't know what else I would have done to keep myself so recovery focused in this time, apart from going back to NA. And many here know how I feel about that. :o

So yeah, just wanted to give you all my thanks for helping me through this rough period. My efforts to help others are actually helping me and my recovery even more. With everyone's help I do feel I have grown MORE over the last 6 months than I would have if I'd just continued doing what I was doing. Anyway, enough sucky stuff. You all know what I'm saying.

Post subject: 2nd That
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I honestly cannot agree with you more TJ. I literally attribute my sobriety to this forum and it's members. I don't do the NA anymore and this has become my way of staying recovery focused too. I joined in December and Relapsed about a month later. Same reason, health issue, time off work, "idle hands". Looking at my posting history, it was funny (sad) how my posting dropped off when I relapsed, and picked up the day I reeled it in. Irony? Coincidence? probably not. Either way it's great to be back with the community. Your knowledge and experience with subs has helped many, and me for certain, and I want to say thanks to you, the other moderators, and this forum in general. 'Nuff said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tear, thank you for being here. I don't post much but am always reading......You always give such thoughtful responses. I'm glad you are a moderator. Keep up the good work!