It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow!! Great site and already had results from viewing replies to my posts and reading other posts. Constipation info about magnesium already put into practise and had results today. What a thing to post about, but hey it's a big deal! , literally! Takes my mind off of worrying about the side effects of Suboxone somewhat , and can carry on with my day on Sub. Playing sober hockey tonight like a good Canadian, and hopefully now don't have to worry so much about taking laxatives! Can't get over what a great site this is, as I had virtually no info on Suboxone, other than the little brief chat with my pharmacist and doctor, but nothing like what I'm finding here. Thanks so much everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:16 pm 

Hey lifofbrian we're so happy to have u here! It is really a wonderful sight for information and just discussing suboxone with others. I've learned so much here. When I first started suboxone, I didn't do hardly any research, so I've learned a lot myself.

I've always struggled with constipation (well since I took my first opiate) and it's still happening. I've learned to live with it and I've actually mastered what works for my body too. Applesauce keeps me regular most of the time and when it doesn't I take a fleet suppository lol. Once or twice I tried laxative and it didn't work and just made me even more miserable. So once I take the suppository it works in 30 minutes. I'm not saying that'll work for u but you'll finally find ways that will at least keep ya as regular as possible. Everyone is different.

Well I just wanted to welcome ya and tell ya we're glad u found the forum. My 10 yr old is completely addicted to Pokemon Go right now. I'm dealing with pokemon from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to sleep. I've done more driving in the past week than I've done in 2 months lol. But it's ok because now he'll go places with me :) Have a good day!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the info jennjenn. The Miralax is working well for me. Still have issues with Suboxone, but becoming a little more manageable. My history as I've said is similar to Suboxdoc's as a kid growing up, in that I had poor self-esteem, was a real Walter Mitty, was smart in school, but in my little smelter town in the sub-ranges of the Rockies, ( think Deer Hunter ) being good in school and playing musical instruments (and your Mom taking you to plays and piano recitals) was like asking for a shit-kicking on the playing field. So I grew up learning to pretend that I was just one of the guys and tried too hard for bad press. My Mom was a nurse so had pharmaceuticals at home to try, and one of my best friends in school had a Mom who was an anaesthetist, so we had access to the best clinical stuff around. I also used every other drug available big time, and living right next to the U.S. border, we even got into smuggling a bit. I knew that I liked opiates from a young age, and didn't realize that I was becoming addicted as I started using Tylenol#1's regularly (8mg Codeine), which eventually progressed to opiate prescriptions for migraines ( which are still a huge issue for me) which lasted all my life. I also started working in the medical field, and had access to clinical opiates and found very creative ways of obtaining them regularly. It became such that I would work extra shifts just to keep my supply constant. I started injecting them towards the last ten years or so and eventually turned to the street as my work and script supplies couldn't keep up with my habit.
Everything started to fall apart once I started using Heroin, but I managed to keep my habit from my family, amazingly enough, for years. I could always say that I took too much Clonazepam, or Dilaudid, which I had scripts for, when I was nodding too much. I even had a few OD's in the bathroom while injecting, which my son broke the door in to find, and managed to lie my way through those too. The last OD in February was my bottom though, as I was found again by one of my boys, and I had to be rescued by the ambulance. There was no lying anymore, and I had to, and wanted to, just stop the crazy insanity that my life had become. I went into detox, and have been on Suboxone since, and going to Addiction Support meetings daily. I still have incredible cravings, and fantasize about using just once in awhile, but I know that that is just not possible anymore, and kind of reluctantly resign myself to that fact. Hopefully the reluctance will disappear over time, and the desire to use "occasionally" will pass.
These are the most difficult times for me now, the cravings, especially in the afternoons when I've finished meetings and exercise and don't know what to do with myself. Facing reality is another hard one for me, the shitty financial situation I've gotten myself into, and thoughts of returning to work without the crutch that I used to have. Also facing the fact that I'm going to have to own up to everything that I've done at work and to my family, and realizing that no one is going to trust me for a long, long time. I have relapsed a few times already, fleetingly, but enough to have the addiction doc be very skeptical of anything that I tell him. I am honest with him though, and tell him every time I've used what I've used and how much, but he still doesn't believe a word I say. I guess trust is something that is going to be a long time coming. I suppose that's something that all recovering addicts have to deal with, along with the stigma attached to who we are. I'm so glad to have found this site though, because my meetings and my doctor appointments just don't provide me with the specific information that I can gather from this site, that helps so much with dealing with this disease.
By the way, I've asked but haven't found out yet if we do produce our own endorphins now even though we're on Suboxone? My GP always told me that I couldn't benefit from my own endorphin production because of my opiate use, but I do feel like I get a kind of "runner's high" when I work out, and think that I must be feeling endorphin surges now? I also still have the issues that I had that led me to use heavily, like chronic anxiety, depressive episodes and chronic pain and migraines. I'm not entirely clear on how to deal with those issues yet, but I'm working on it.