It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Thankful to find support
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I found this website when I was researchingSuboxon on the internet the other day.And I'm so glad I did! I have never had a drug addiction but have fallen head over heals for many an addict. Had a nasty marriage to an addict. Left that marriage after I realized what codependcy was and that I could be the poster child for it! Left the marriage stronger than I had ever been only to go straight into a relationship with a guy who had the worst drug addiction I had ever personally encountered. Had been using 15 years. Multiplet trips to rehab followed by multiple relapses. When I met him he no longer had a daily heroin shooting, smoke cracking addiction...although he still dabbled in it and when he did he disappeared for a day or two, refusing to even answer his phone to let me know he was alive. His daily habits were pain pills. He had what I will call a croooked doctor prescribing massive amounts of un-needed pills. Because they were prescribed he thought he really needed them. On the side was also dabbling in shooting Dilaudid and morphine. I even allowed him to do these things in front of me. He hung out with some real lowlives. I, the whole time,was completely drug free.

Rock bottom was hit one night. He didn't come home,something that really wasn't unexpected anymore. For some reason it was different this time though. I didn't cry all night. I didn't try his phone over and over. Didn't beg his friends to "just let me know" that he was alive. Instead I put mself first and packed his things. He walked in the door as I was leaving for work,full of the usual lies and apologies. I left despite them. That day he found a doctor to prescribe him suboxon.

Six months later and we are living sucha wonderful life! I was initially worried that the Suboxon wouldn't work because of his polysubstance abuse. But it has. Only someone who has been through it can understand how good it feels to go to sleep at night not having to worry about where your boyfriend is and if he is alive.

Post subject: Whoa now.....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi There:

That's quite a journey you have been on. I had a horrific problem with crack and heroin a long time ago. Addiction is, as some claim, cunning, baffling and powerful. For me, it kept coming back time and time again, even after having gone to prison for the better part of two decades, I still picked drugs back up and abused them.....this time, it was pills, and before long I had a HUGE pill habit.

Suboxone changed my life about 17 months ago. Everything is better. My relationship with my wife, my professional life, etc....and amazingly, my life is not consumed with the process of getting and using drugs.

Thank you for coming here and sharing that story. I wish the best for you and your boyfriend!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the community, many people do not realize how easy it is to get involved with an addict- some of us hide it so well. My husband was completely unaware of my addiction issues when we met and I was in the process of coming off a run with crack.Luckily, he supported my recovery and was my rock many times I thought I would relapse.Support means a great deal to addicts-glad to see you here, please keep coming back and letting us know how things are going!