It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Thank you Suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

New to site. Just wanted to thank all discussions regarding information on suboxone. I've been off and on an average of 90 mg daily oxycodone habit for 5 years and found 4 8 mg suboxone tablets to help me with W/D. I came on here to figure out how much to take and when and I just can't believe I waited this long to try it. I feel great and it's Day 1. From all the great stories and help on here, I was able to figure out everything. Thank you!!!

Post subject: Looking for help...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Also...day 1 went well like I stated. Took 2 mg after waiting 13 hours after last dose and also used the COWS worksheet. Then waited 30 minutes. All symptoms were not gone so I took 2 more mg. Then waited 60 min to make sure it was all absorbed. Felt ok but took 2 mg more just to be safe. I probably could have just worked with 4 but wasn't sure. Any advice for day 2 aside from what I've already been reading on here?

Post subject: Re: Thank you Suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No advice, but I'm happy for you! The relief of the obsession to use opioids is pretty amazing with buprenorphine... and as everyone here knows, I'm a huge fan of the medication. I think that people tend to take the relief that it provides for granted-- which is why I try to remind people that anyone can easily go back to where he/she started, simply be resuming opioid agonists. There is never anything lost with buprenorphine or Suboxone for that reason. Yet many people eventually want more... they want the medication to somehow reverse time, and erase the changes in memory and personality that were caused by addiction.

If you do your best to change your life-- i.e. lose your using 'friends', reconnect with sober members of your family, improve your occupational status, grow your interests in things--- you will find yourself in a position, a year from now, that you can hardly even imagine. Of course many people on buprenorphine products continue to use agonists, and people who follow that path are less likely to die than they were before buprenorphine-- but find that life stays about the same. I hope you're in the former group, and that things go well!